Twitter: Shaq leaving Dallas without a deal

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
You guys do realize that almost all the players actually don't live in Philly right?

So the fact you think Philly is a **** hole isn't going to have much of an impact on where players want to go. The stadium and practice facility are located in South Philly in a sports complex with new development at the old Philadelphia Navy Yard. And most players live in the NJ and PA suburbs. So it's not like these guys are playing and living in a slum, LOL.
I said as much. It’s not about Philly as a city. It’s about where he has the best chance to win a ring this year and get a long term contract next year. Philly gives him the best opportunity for both of those this year. No chance Dallas signs him long term. Now all that said. It’s not what we think. It’s a fact. Philadelphia is the armpit of America. Only place worse is Gary Indiana

rambo2

Reaction score
I said as much. It’s not about Philly as a city. It’s about where he has the best chance to win a ring this year and get a long term contract next year. Philly gives him the best opportunity for both of those this year. No chance Dallas signs him long term. Now all that said. It’s not what we think. It’s a fact. Philadelphia is the armpit of America. You not place worse is Gary Indiana
He can win in Dallas.

Sydla

Reaction score
At the Star in Frisco you can live across the street and are surrounded by everything that you need. They probably give him a suite in the fancy hotel for free with a chef.
Jerry Jones and the Cowboys could literally send you a Christmas tree ornament made of one of Stephen's craps and you'd hang it on your tree.

rambo2

Reaction score
Jerry Jones and the Cowboys could literally send you a Christmas tree ornament made of one of Stephen's craps and you'd hang it on your tree.
Strange comment. You don't believe what I said? Have you ever been to the Star in Frisco? How do you think it compares to Philly?

Sydla

Reaction score
Strange comment. You don't believe what I said? Have you ever been to the Star in Frisco? How do you think it compares to Philly?
It's an apt comment. You think everything about Dallas is the best. You bristle at criticism of the Cowboys. No matter what Jerry does or shovels down your throat, you swallow it whole. Here, you seem incredulous that someone would chose to play in Philly over Dallas.

I think the Star in Frisco is great. But it's likely not a massive factor in signing guys, especially a guy like Leonard who is at the point in his career where location isn't as important as fit, chance to win, chance to play, etc. In Philly, he'd be going to the team that is the current favorite to win the SB. Given injuries to their LB corps, he's likely to see more PT in Philly. They may even offer more money given the situation they have at LB.

The Star is likely not going to be a factor at all. I suspect if he chooses Dallas it's because we either paid him more or that he's tapping into the relationships he has with guys like Gilmore than he's friends with and that gives him more comfort playing here than in Philly. He may also think Quinn can use him better than Desai in Philly.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry and cap boy strike again. He will be an eagles by end of week and be a pain in the butt come playoffs guaranteed.
They can't force a guy to sign a contract. He's smart to shop around. That's how you get the best deal.

rambo2

Reaction score
It's an apt comment. You think everything about Dallas is the best. You bristle at criticism of the Cowboys. No matter what Jerry does or shovels down your throat, you swallow it whole. Here, you seem incredulous that someone would chose to play in Philly over Dallas.

I think the Star in Frisco is great. But it's likely not a massive factor in signing guys, especially a guy like Leonard who is at the point in his career where location isn't as important as fit, chance to win, chance to play, etc. In Philly, he'd be going to the team that is the current favorite to win the SB. Given injuries to their LB corps, he's likely to see more PT in Philly. They may even offer more money given the situation they have at LB.

The Star is likely not going to be a factor at all. I suspect if he chooses Dallas it's because we either paid him more or that he's tapping into the relationships he has with guys like Gilmore than he's friends with and that gives him more comfort playing here than in Philly. He may also think Quinn can use him better than Desai in Philly.
I'm just excited because the Cowboys are very good and a joy to watch.

Sydla

Reaction score
One thing that could work in our favor is Quinn versus Desai. Philly uses their LBs differently than we do. Quinn tends to be a bit more flexible and creative with our LB use and that might appeal to Leonard more. But the flipside is that Philly is way more desperate for LB help than we are, so PT wise, he may just play way more in Philly than here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will find out soon enough
Well, we will find out who he signs with, but signing with one team doesn't mean the other didn't make a reasonable or even strong effort to get him.

rambo2

Reaction score
Well, we will find out who he signs with, but signing with one team doesn't mean the other didn't make a reasonable or even strong effort to get him.
You watch, if he signs with Philly there will be plenty of negative posts about how stupid Jerry is. If he signs with Dallas the same posters will say Jerry is stupid the player is done.

rambo2

Reaction score
I like it that Philly wants him so badly. Their coach let that out of the bag at his news conference.