Shaq Leonard looked like garbage!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Your reasoning makes zero sense. He got $0 more out of the Eagles because he signed for the minimum. He did this because the Colts are paying his salary so anything over the minimum is deducted from what the Colts have to pay so there is no reason for either party to want a contract over the minimum.
Not sure if it works that way with vested players. My guess is that whatever Leonard is getting from the Eagles is extra gravy for him.

Adreme

Reaction score
Not sure if it works that way with vested players. My guess is that whatever Leonard is getting from the Eagles is extra gravy for him.
That is exactly how it works. The only way he would make "extra" is if the Eagles were paying him more than what the Colts would have paid him which obviously would not happen. The only reason for him to want over the minimum is if he had some weird attachment to the team that cut him and wanted to make their salary cap situation somewhat easier.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
That is exactly how it works. The only way he would make "extra" is if the Eagles were paying him more than what the Colts would have paid him which obviously would not happen. The only reason for him to want over the minimum is if he had some weird attachment to the team that cut him and wanted to make their salary cap situation somewhat easier.
I thought I remember veterans who are cut are allowed one time in their career to accept their new contract with no offset.

bottleKids

Reaction score
It looks like he was only on the field for 14 snaps, so hard to make that determination. I still would have liked him for depth on our squad, for a deep playoff run, but maybe that's just me.

Ken

Reaction score
I mean he likely was hesistant due to not knowing the plays. Cunningham was lining him up.

With that said, the hell with him for picking those losers.
Maybe he should have signed sooner instead of waisting a week?????

Adreme

Reaction score
I thought I remember veterans who are cut are allowed one time in their career to accept their new contract with no offset.
His veteran benefit is that his salary is fully guaranteed for the year because he was on the roster week 1. That is why there is no benefit for him to have gone for something over the minimum with the Eagles and why that is what he was always going to take. The reason more teams were not interested is because he did not look very good this year. I am not going to judge a player who barely had any time with a new team before playing but that also still seems to be the case with the Eagles.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Probably that is the reason he signed with them, his buddy Sirianni promised him playing time ASAP

Here with Q he would have been ramped up and used for depht behind Bell, probably would have seen the field on the last 2 games of the season and playoffs a little bit.

Glad he didn't come here.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I said it in the signing thread

I like Shaq, but Indy is in the thick of a playoff spot at 7-6 you dont release an impact player at 7-6 in the thick of things

now if we signed him id be happy but i wasnt expecting the Shaq Leonard of old
100% this.

It's lazy to say "Cowboys are just jealous as he ended up at the Eagles" but I honestly think the signing was a nothing and it's because of the Colts letting him go in the thick of a playoff battle. They must know the surgeries have taken him to a place he simply can no longer contribute otherwise why would you release a player it would have cost NOTHING to hold on to.

Creeper

Reaction score
Leonard was finished with the Colts. There is no reason to expect he will revert to his pro-bowl form for the Eagles.

But I will say this, the Cowboys offense struggled in the 2nd half last night. The kicked 3 FGs but did not look like the same offense in the first half. I credit the Eagles defense we played with much more intensity in the 2nd half. The Cowboys continue to struggle running the football. Both Cowboys RBs averaged under 4 yards per carry again. I think we need better than that to make a serious run in the playoffs.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Worthless piece of garbage? Lol…why because he didn’t sign with the team you root for? Weird lol. Either way we didn’t need him but was worth a flier