Shockey No Catch Picture Proof

DBoys

Reaction score
In the 1st Quarter with 5:03 seconds Eli dropped back and threw a pretty pass to Shockey over Akin and Tnew. For those of you that have the video you will notice Tnew right arm swing around and hit the ball which causes Shockey to bobble it. When he goes to the ground the nose of the football clearly hits the ground.

Here is picture proof:
6p6r6md.jpg

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
hmm, right in front of the ref? hmm...

(yes yes, i know, they can't be perfect, but it seems like it's time we get some better refs)

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
DBoys;1764878 said:
In the 1st Quarter with 5:03 seconds Eli dropped back and threw a pretty pass to Shockey over Akin and Tnew.

It was over Ayodele (who had man-to-man coverage) and in front of Newman (who broke off his receiver after the ball was thrown).

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Nice give Wade a call so the guy can run to the front office with that , like the OSI sack lol

Nav22

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if the ball touches the ground, as long as the receiver has control, and we don't know if he had control or not. The picture doesn't prove much to me.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nav22;1764952 said:
Doesn't matter if the ball touches the ground, as long as the receiver has control, and we don't know if he had control or not. The picture doesn't prove much to me.

When falling out of bounds with a catch, the receiver has to maintain control when he hits the ground.

Nav22

Reaction score
When falling out of bounds with a catch, the receiver has to maintain control when he hits the ground.
Ah, I didn't know that.

Still, he may have had control when he hit the ground, and then let the ball go a couple seconds after the play was over.

thekavorka

Reaction score
Nav22;1765014 said:
Ah, I didn't know that.

Still, he may have had control when he hit the ground, and then let the ball go a couple seconds after the play was over.

I think it may have been similar to the Randy Moss TD that was taken back because he lost control when he hit the ground.

DBoys

Reaction score
Nav22;1764952 said:

Tnew hit the ball and he did not have it under control. If you get a chance to watch the play the ball is clearly moving around.

DBoys

Reaction score
Nav22;1765014 said:
Ah, I didn't know that.

The nose of the ball is on the ground in the picture. Resuming the video you see the ball bounce.

I would post the video but there is not a tool that I am aware of that will allow frame editing for the newer matroska formats.

sbark

Reaction score
I suppose the stadium people waited as long as possible to put it up on the Jumbo screen to avoid a red flag reveiw..............playing on the road