FEATURED Should be a great weekend for NFL playoff football

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know a lot of Cowboys fans are upset and still mad (rightfully so), but I am looking forward to all of the games this weekend as they all have a great story behind them.

The Chiefs and Bills game a few years ago was one of my favorite non-Cowboys games ever. The last 3 minutes was amazing in that game, so it will be interesting to see how this one goes.

Then there is the Texans and CJ Stroud versus the Super Bowl favorite Ravens. While I expect the Ravens to win, it will be interesting watching a first-year CJ Stroud play and see how well-prepared and coached the Ravens are.

With the Browns out of the playoffs, that leaves the Lions as the other decades-old underdog with castaway Goff leading them while they host the Buccaneers who have their own story with Baker Mayfield's redemption.

Then to top it off, we get the youngest team in the league in Green Bay who just destroyed the Cowboys on national TV playing the NFC Super Bowl favorite 49ers. No matter who wins that game, most Cowboys fans will be happy the other team lost.

Like most Cowboys fans, I am sad and disappointed the Jerry Jones Cowboys are not in it, but this should be a great weekend for football without them! :D
I’m a football fan so I’ll be watching every game. Hoping for some close ones instead of like all the blowouts last weekend.

RFABR

Reaction score
It's always good to see competent, accurate, buttoned up football. Unfornately I have to work Sat and Sun, but hopefully I'll be home in time.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
sadly, none of our coaches or esteemed ownership group will be watching/learning...

TheCritic

Reaction score
Really looking forward to the GB SF game. Have a feeling SF won't take them lightly and them away. But I don't see a blowout either.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I am one of these suckers who can't watch the GB game. Simply because I'd always think that we should have been playing there. Finally getting our revenge vs SF. But nooo...

Anyway, KC-Bills should be good.
I thought if we had won we would have got Detroit at home?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Ravens and Niners could boat race the Texans and Packers.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Hard to get too hyped after losing the way we did. I'll watch because, well, it's football, only a couple games left and it's a longtime till we get more.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Over the past 30 years I've got used to enjoying it mostly without the Cowboys.
Much more relaxing.
Guiness, followed by a Sherry casked 20 year old Glenlivet. With a good local farm pork pie and some runny brie and crusty bread.
Good couple of days.
Hope the Lions do well they have have gone through bad times. Have an owner who has made the right moves.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You should start a Houston Texans board and we all become Texans fans.
Well, I'm considering it!

Not really, but I have to wonder how much more of Jerry's fumbling and bumbling with my Cowboys I can take before I chunk all my Cowboys paraphernalia in the trash and do like a lot of folks I know did when Jerry fired Landry - find another team to roof for....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
When Dallas is out of the mix, like the last how many years? (I know, just try not to think about it) I'm reduced to rooting against teams, not for teams.

Like against SF, because they have 5 trophies like Dallas, already 2 teams with 6, don't want to have another team to be behind in SB wins. Against the Packers, because of what they did to Dallas in the 1960's. And the Bills, who think are one of the most overrated teams ever, I enjoy seeing them lose.

As a native Texan, at best I can root for the Texans, just due to state pride.

But otherwise, I care little for the NFL from here to the rest of the year. No Cowboys, no real interest. Which is sad, considering football is by far my favorite sport to watch....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m pulling for Lions to take NFC and Bills in AFC. Lions never been to a SB. And only 1 NFC Champ game.

Bill/Chiefs is the marquee matchup. And could continue with these great QB’s . Buffalo has been on quite a run. And will Mahomes win his first road playoff game after his first 15 at home.

SF and Balt games prob blow outs.