Should Bob Hayes be in the Hall of Fame?

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
I think that he revolutionized the game of football. He was the one who started teams using zone deffense. He added a new playing style for receivers. I think he should be in the HOF.:star::star::star:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
No - Look at his career numbers. Nearly 30 years later if he was a lock or close he'd be in by now.

He is in the Track Hall of Fame.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cowboysfan22;2449748 said:
I think that he revolutionized the game of football. He was the one who started teams using zone deffense. He added a new playing style for receivers. I think he should be in the HOF.:star::star::star:
Without a doubt he should be. The only people who think he shouldn't be do not know squat about football.

The bias against him is outrageous. Thank goodness the Veterans Committee is adamant about getting it right.

ZB9

Reaction score
yes he most definitely should...Hayes had a huge impact on the league.

Mansta54

Reaction score

Yes!!!!!!!

MS17

Reaction score
Bob Hayes should have been in the Hall of Fame many, many years ago. This is a travesty to those who were fortunate enough to watch him play the game.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I guess so, I mean he did revolutionize his position and subsequently pass defenses, but other than that and his Super Bowl appearances I just can't muster any argument in his favor.;)

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When the NFL creates a scheme to attempt to stop your success as an individual player, how can that go unrewarded by the Hall.

Well, it can if the player was a Cowboy and the voters are the Eastern press.

What does the press do that gives them the right to vote on Hall candidates?

Isn't that sort of like getting a dog to watch your steak on the bar-b whilst you run inside to get another beer?

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score

I truly believe that there is no one who singlehandedly had a bigger impact on the sport of football than Bob Hayes. I will never understand the amount of hate directed towards him and the fact that he isn't in the hall of fame is a travesty.

JJB500

Reaction score
LT was voted in, there is no reason to keep him out, other than Cowboy bias!!!!!

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Hayes not being in already is evidence of anti-Cowboys bias. If he played for Pittsburgh, Oakland, Miami, the Rams, or whoever he would have been in long ago.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
When I first joined this site 4 years ago someone posted a list of the HOF writers who didn't vote for Hayes. I had a pretty good e-mail conversation with one of them. He simply stated that he agreed with me on what Hayes did for the game and how he changed the way defense was played etc..... But he got me on one point......Playoff performance and stats. Said he wouldn't vote for him because he never showed up in the playoffs.

Look it up. He's right.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
If Joe Namath can be in the HoF for winning one game that he predicted he'd/they'd win then why can't Bullet Bob be in for causing defenses to revolutionize their strategy's league wide.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
ROMOSAPIEN9;2451566 said:
When I first joined this site 4 years ago someone posted a list of the HOF writers who didn't vote for Hayes. I had a pretty good e-mail conversation with one of them. He simply stated that he agreed with me on what Hayes did for the game and how he changed the way defense was played etc..... But he got me on one point......Playoff performance and stats. Said he wouldn't vote for him because he never showed up in the playoffs.

Look it up. He's right.

Teams were scheming specifically to stop him, thus the Cowboys had outstanding success in the playoffs during the Hayes years. Take a look at how many playoff appearances, games played, and games won during the Hayes era.

That guy is just fishing for any reason to not include him.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hayes should have been there before Swann, Stallworth, Irvin, Monk, Largent, etc.....

Thomas82

Reaction score

He should have been in 25 years ago.

rangers71

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2451568 said:
If Joe Namath can be in the HoF for winning one game that he predicted he'd/they'd win then why can't Bullet Bob be in for causing defenses to revolutionize their strategy's league wide.

Yes he should be in and Joe Namath being in is a freakin joke. He has more interceptions than touchdown passes in his career.