Should CB depth be looked at closer?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What we have now is Diggs coming off injury, Bland who is here, you don't know what Lewis or Gilmore will do. You have Scott, you're not sure how good he'll be, he showed some good things in camp but never got on the field.

With Diggs not being certain coming off that injury, we really for now just have Scott, Bland, I forgot Izzy M. This is not enough depth, even if we can get diggs back. I hope they don't rush him back. Please give your thoughts on our CB depth

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’d guess either Lewis or Gilmore come back and they do nothing else other than maybe some competition for the bottom of the depth chart via a late pick or UDFA

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You either sign Gilmore or Lewis (or another FA) or draft a CB early.

It's that simple. That gives you three.

Draft another on day 3 to compete with the scrubs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You either sign Gilmore or Lewis (or another FA) or draft a CB early.

It's that simple. That gives you three.

Draft another on day 3 to compete with the scrubs.
Do you feel we should look to add one in the first three rounds?? That's where I was torn in a few of my mock drafts

Havic

Reaction score
I'd like to remind all of you NASHON WRIGHT IS STILL HERE

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Do you feel we should look to add one in the first three rounds?? That's where I was torn in a few of my mock drafts
Dallas has more need for DT, LB and RB and no 4th round pick next month. Would need to sign a FA or get one in the lower rounds and UDFA.. Think they'll go with what options they got here already for this year.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Unlikely.

Maybe Lewis. If he can’t find a deal somewhere else.
My bet is Gilmore comes back. Lewis probably gets a multi year deal from someone. Gilmore at age 34 is likely to settle for a 1 year deal that doesn’t break the bank

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes BUT, I have to put CB behind, C, DT, LB, OT and maybe even WR3 and RB1 on the priority list IMO

starfan1

Reaction score
Diggs, bland, scott, Gilmore, Izzy ( he’s a flex guy can play both positions) . I feel a much larger need at OC, LB and DT even RB maybe a day 3 attempt would be ok

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Diggs, bland, scott, Gilmore, Izzy ( he’s a flex guy can play both positions) . I feel a much larger need at OC, LB and DT even RB maybe a day 3 attempt would be ok
Yup. Another corner is always good to have, but they have lots of other fish to fry.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Btw. I think a serious DE would be more valuable than a CB too. They have a few guys that make the occasional play, but a second stud pass rusher would be nice.

btgboys41

Reaction score
I wouldn’t burn a premium pick on a CB.

Will be amazing how much better our secondary will be if we solidify the defensive line and linebacking. Not only that, but there’s a better chance of success integrating any new CBs we acquire if our middle is sured up.