Should CB depth be looked at closer?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Will Armstrong leave? Will Fowler be back? Can Williams be that guy? Some questions at DE.
Yup and even if they stay, they are just guys. If they could add a serious 10+ sack guy for the edge, like DLaw once was, Micah would be a lot more dangerous.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
My bet is Gilmore comes back. Lewis probably gets a multi year deal from someone. Gilmore at age 34 is likely to settle for a 1 year deal that doesn’t break the bank
I hope.

But he wants $$$. Around 9-10 million per.

Dont see how we get the cap space.

we are 9 million above the limit.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I hope.

But he wants $$$. Around 9-10 million per.

Dont see how we get the cap space.

we are 9 million above the limit.
Agreed it all comes down to what the money looks like. That said though paying a guy $9-10M on a 1 year deal doesn't have to mean they take up that much in cap space. A-Z Sports is projecting a cap hit in the neighborhood of $3M for Gilmore this year. Granted it only takes one desperate team to throw that off completely, but at that price if the Cowboys want to make it work and Gilmore wants to come back I don't see any reason it shouldnt happen.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What we have now is Diggs coming off injury, Bland who is here, you don't know what Lewis or Gilmore will do. You have Scott, you're not sure how good he'll be, he showed some good things in camp but never got on the field.

With Diggs not being certain coming off that injury, we really for now just have Scott, Bland, I forgot Izzy M. This is not enough depth, even if we can get diggs back. I hope they don't rush him back. Please give your thoughts on our CB depth
Was that our biggest hole?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What we have now is Diggs coming off injury, Bland who is here, you don't know what Lewis or Gilmore will do. You have Scott, you're not sure how good he'll be, he showed some good things in camp but never got on the field.

With Diggs not being certain coming off that injury, we really for now just have Scott, Bland, I forgot Izzy M. This is not enough depth, even if we can get diggs back. I hope they don't rush him back. Please give your thoughts on our CB depth
yes. but how about some viable starters at DT before depth? how about some starters at LB before depth? how about LT and RT before depth? how about a starting RB before depth? how about some viable safeties before depth?
just sayin!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yes. but how about some viable starters at DT before depth? how about some starters at LB before depth? how about LT and RT before depth? how about a starting RB before depth? how about some viable safeties before depth?
just sayin!
I agree, but can we do all of this with fans wanting us to sign a BIG named free agent?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree, but can we do all of this with fans wanting us to sign a BIG named free agent?
which big name FA? Jerry is backtracking on his all in comment he made after the disappointing playoff loss. he is saying, I can get 3 average FAs for price of a top FA.

and the market goes through the roof for top FAs worth their money. some team will over pay.