Should Cowboys bring C Connor Williams back?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Center Connor Williams suffered a torn ACL back in early December 2023. Such an injury at a minimum lasts between 9 months and 12 months in order for it to fully heal. This means Connor Williams won't be able to play until most likely some time in late November. With this in mind and how Connor Williams is now a free agent, the Miami Dolphins got tired of waiting and hired Titans free agent Center, Aaron Brewer. This leaves Connor Williams available and on the outside looking in.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-signed-center-aaron-brewer

With the Cowboys currently in need of a good quality starting Center (Connor Williams was one of the best Centers in the NFL these past 2 seasons), should they bring Connor Williams back, offer him around 7-8 mil/season and patiently hope he fully recovers in time to play around Thanksgiving time?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Center Connor Williams suffered a torn ACL back in early December 2023. Such an injury at a minimum lasts between 9 months and 12 months in order for it to fully heal. This means Connor Williams won't be able to play until most likely some time in late November. With this in mind and how Connor Williams is now a free agent, the Miami Dolphins got tired of waiting and hired Titans free agent Center, Aaron Brewer. This leaves Connor Williams available and on the outside looking in.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-signed-center-aaron-brewer

With the Cowboys currently in need of a good quality starting Center (Connor Williams was one of the best Centers in the NFL these past 2 seasons), should they bring Connor Williams back, offer him around 7-8 mil/season and patiently hope he fully recovers in time to play around Thanksgiving time?
ACLs in Centers are not very bad. Roberto Garza started for the Bears for several years, including a SB.....he did not have ACLs in either knee. Great leg strength and braces made up for it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
ACLs in Centers are not very bad. Roberto Garza started for the Bears for several years, including a SB.....he did not have ACLs in either knee. Great leg strength and braces made up for it.
You're so right, Coach. I believe the Cowboys should look into this and talk to Connor and the Cowboys medical staff. Doing something is better than nothing.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
He was from the RGV wasn’t he Coach? We met his family when the Bears came to play the Cowboys one year. I believe it was 2010 maybe 2012 either way they were really nice people.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was from the RGV wasn’t he Coach? We met his family when the Bears came to play the Cowboys one year. I believe it was 2010 maybe 2012 either way they were really nice people.
Very good people. He is from Rio Hondo in the RGV. He held free camps for us at his old HS and I coached his late brother. His brother was 3 inches taller. He called me and offered my brother that lives in Chicago tickets and a parking pass at the stadium, when the Cowboys played at Soldier field back then...he turned them down!! I was so embarrassed!
Lol.
He told me that he didn't even know that he didn't have ACLs until he left Atlanta for a big payday in Baltimore and failed his physical. Worked out for him in Chicago.

tm1119

Reaction score
No, sign Cody Whitehair. Worst case scenario Mason Cole. As of right now there are 2 large holes on the offensive line. Can’t go into the draft like that