Should Cowboys have paid Zeke?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Amazing how different this same topic was this past March.

Same people.

I heard all kinds of stats and this and that about this loser.....same now, no?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Let’s just hope we can find a team stupid enough to trade for him. I’m sick of him.

when’s the soonest we can cut him without taking a major cap hit?

aria

Reaction score
Amazing how different this same topic was this past March.

Same people.

I heard all kinds of stats and this and that about this loser.....same now, no?
The only that has changed is that it’s becoming more obvious how dependent he was on the O line which some of us knew anyways. His stats are reflecting that now but he still has a few hold out defenders.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The only that has changed is that it’s becoming more obvious how dependent he was on the O line which some of us knew anyways. His stats are reflecting that now but he still has a few hold out defenders.
Talented player. Doesnt care about winning as much as being a celebrity etc.

This environment is toxic for that kind of player and we have several.

aria

Reaction score
It appears the captain obvious awards are as prevalent as participation trophies. Soap box derby's used to be car races for kids. Not mindless babbling in an attempt to garner attention. Following mnf's pathetic performance, it seems sufficient to just say this defense has no heart.
Captain obvious meaning zeke isn’t nearly as good as you think. We’ve been trying to explain this to you guys for years, last night wasn't even the tip of the iceberg, the writing has been in the wall. I love ya cern but you have got to give this fight up. zeke wasn’t worth the 4th overall pick (no RB is) and he certainly wasn’t worth the extension.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Only to fans.

He was their most important player at the time, they had no choice. But that's Jason Garrett's fault.
No. Dak was the most important player...CLEARLY..
but the Joneses and most fans didn't want to see it.

Now we are seeing clearly who truly is the most important player EFFECTUALLY on the team and how this player should have gotten paid first before anyone else.

Pay the price for being dumb.

cern

Reaction score
Captain obvious meaning zeke isn’t nearly as good as you think. We’ve been trying to explain this to you guys for years, last night wasn't even the tip of the iceberg, the writing has been in the wall. I love ya cern but you have got to give this fight up. zeke wasn’t worth the 4th overall pick (no RB is) and he certainly wasn’t worth the extension.
My support for zeke was based on performance. This year he's looked like garbage and that cannot be denied. Dropped passes that hit him in his hands, and most troubling, the plethora of fumbles. Quite frankly, i wanted him benched after the second fumble and pollard put in the game.

cern

Reaction score
I’d argue the turnovers are a major contributing factor. And there’s other factors we could add. Pick up a paper or tune in to any source of media.

And if fans don’t want to be exposed to the criticism why come on social media?
Because i am capable of seeing his suckage without any help. Zeke has sucked so far this year. Really think i need your pov to come to this conclusion. Opinions should be thought provoking. Not obvious. Fyi, don't put your bare hand in boiling water. Or did you already know that?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because i am capable of seeing his suckage without any help. Zeke has sucked so far this year. Really think i need your pov to come to this conclusion. Opinions should be thought provoking. Not obvious. Fyi, don't put your bare hand in boiling water. Or did you already know that?
I understand but not everyone does.

Why do you think the writers and media often write or report the obvious ? And continue driving the point home.

Most look for opinions that support or align with theirs. That’s what I look for by beat writers and media personalities. Much like this thread was spurred from a writer I read in local paper.

I’m more interested in following those who are generally more aligned with my thoughts and interested in their take. I’m not sure why some fans spend so much time with others who they don’t enjoy their material or thoughts?

Unless that’s their purpose to simply attempt to discredit the messenger cause they don’t like the message. For me like in other news of the day if it’s not a POV I agree or interest me I usually ignore.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If you draft a player #4 overall, you have to give them a second contract unless they are a bust, so yes, they had to pay him.

The problem is drafting a RB at #4 overall.

Elliott's rookie season he looked like he was worth that #4 pick but it didn't last. I said all along that the Cowboys should have caved in with Elliott on a new contract. The average RB career is only like 2.7 years and yes there are lots of RB' have been around longer than that but there was also the off the field issues, one that cost the Cowboys 6 games without that back. People also forget that he HIT his own mother and even though it was with his ball cap, hitting your mother speaks volumes about what character he doesn't have. Unfortunately the Cowboys are now saddled with his contract with no possibility of finding someone to trade for that contract on a back with dwindling production that also now can't hang on to the ball. But being the 4th overall pick on a RB should have nothing to do with it. Other teams have picked players as high as the 1st pick that were busts and let go.

KB1122

Reaction score
The Cowboys shouldn't have drafted Zeke (or most running backs) that high in the first place.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
If you draft a player #4 overall, you have to give them a second contract unless they are a bust, so yes, they had to pay him.

The problem is drafting a RB at #4 overall.
That's ridiculous. Sunk cost fallacy at it's finest. It was a bad contract for a known knucklehead. Even with all of that, Zeke was holding out with 2 years remaining.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Going back this team should have payed Dak and Byron Jones. Byron Jones was the best player on defense it wasnt Lawerence or Jaylon.

aria

Reaction score
This contract is looking better and better by the day. 4th overall pick, huge contract, leading the league in fumbles and worthless without a top 5-10 O line :clap:

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
Let’s just hope we can find a team stupid enough to trade for him. I’m sick of him.

when’s the soonest we can cut him without taking a major cap hit?

Jerry won’t do either. He’ll never trade away his players. He’ll triple down on his mistake.