Should cowboys have traded a 3rd round pick for Wentz?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Sticking point was 4 years vs 5. I think we'd have been wise to take the 4 year deal. I agree though, Dak hasn't made this an easy negotiation. After 2017 I didn't want to hear about a new contract and even after 2018 we had seen enough ups and downs it seemed almost too aggressive to get a deal done. Hindsight and all...

No team can attempt to sign a new deal on a rookie contract until after the 3rd season so for Prescott that was after the 2018 season. They couldn't even offer anything after the 2017 season.

Reactions: CWR

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
According to Ronnie and some other zeke supporters it does. He used the argument that Barkley is worse than zeke because zeke took the Cowboys further and to better season records than Barkley ever has with the Giants so therefore zeke > Barkley :huh:

People are silly. Team game.

conner01

Reaction score
Serious question..

Would most GMs take Wentz over Dak still? I think so.
Most as in maybe one
Wentz got one GM fired
Most given the option of Dak or Wentz would take the better player, and that’s Dak
And I was a big fan of Wentz coming out but he is worse now than his first year
I imagine if the colts had the option of the 2 they wouldn’t have traded for wentz

CWR

Reaction score
No team can attempt to sign a new deal on a rookie contract until after the 3rd season so for Prescott that was after the 2018 season. They couldn't even offer anything after the 2017 season.

Yeah, I know it was premature but it was around that time, maybe early 2018 there were rumblings of re-signing him at 25 million or whatever and I was completely against it after 2017 and early 2018. Once we got Cooper he won be back over. Last year's play only bolstered my confidence in him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Romo is a better player than Eli so they would be right to.

Agreed. Eli Manning was an inconsistent turnover machine his entire career. He got on two hot playoff runs and got Super Bowls being carried by an elite defense and will go to the Hall Of Fame because of it. And it's a joke. To even consider Eli in the same vein as QB's like Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, even Romo is borderline hilarious.

I know you can't take those titles away from Eli, but if you do, he'd be considered another Rex Grossman of his era.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
NO, the Boys should not even have considered trading any picks for Wentz. If they want to use one of their 3rd round picks on a QB in the draft, that's fine with me. But i prefer them going all out on defense in this draft with the exception of OT.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Serious question..

Would most GMs take Wentz over Dak still? I think so.

Bingo. Talent still rules in the NFL and Wentz has more natural talent than Dak. Dak's had a much better opportunity to succeed and has been healthier. But if you are trying to hit a home run, if Wentz is healthy and has some weapons, he's the guy.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Wentz comes here, wins Super Bowl, City of Philadelphia riots for a week, Lincoln Financial Field is burned to the ground, Howie Roseman is hung from the Ben Franklin Bridge.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Facts is facts. If that makes me look bad so be it.
Facts? The thread has nothing to do with Romo, yet you’ve been dragging him in 90% of your comments.

imagine being a Cowboys fan & bashing ex players in order to defend your current favorites. It’s pathetic, & makes the rest of us normal Dak supporters look bad. It’s people like you that create Dak haters

You’re telling me that had Eli been on the Cowboys, & Romo on the Giants, he still would’ve won multiple Superbowls? No shot. Obviously Eli’s career eclipses Romo’s because of the rings, but Romo was a statistically better QB in the playoffs. He just never had historically elite defenses like Eli did.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
NO, the Boys should not even have considered trading any picks for Wentz. If they want to use one of their 3rd round picks on a QB in the draft, that's fine with me. But i prefer them going all out on defense in this draft with the exception of OT.

Cowboys need every draft pick they can get their hands on, losing a 3rd for Wentz wouldn't have been wise...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Facts? The thread has nothing to do with Romo, yet you’ve been dragging him in 90% of your comments.

imagine being a Cowboys fan & bashing ex players in order to defend your current favorites. It’s pathetic, & makes the rest of us normal Dak supporters look bad. It’s people like you that create Dak haters

You’re telling me that had Eli been on the Cowboys, & Romo on the Giants, he still would’ve won multiple Superbowls? No shot. Obviously Eli’s career eclipses Romo’s because of the rings, but Romo was a statistically better QB in the playoffs. He just never had historically elite defenses like Eli did.
Are you the post police? What right do you have to tell me or anyone for that matter what they can or can’t post? Get off your soapbox.....