Should Cowboys trade for Jaguars WR Marvin Jones?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The playmaker is best known for his three seasons in Cincinnati followed by five years with Detroit. Marvin Jones has plenty of speed as evidenced by his 4.46-second time in the 40-yard dash. The wideout is just one season removed from posting a career-high 76 receptions for 978 yards and nine touchdowns with the Lions in 2020. The veteran WR Marvin Jones has a reasonable $4.9 million salary for 2022 and is entering the final season of his two-year, $12.5 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Jones had 73 receptions for 832 Yards & 4 Touchdowns in 2021.

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/trade-rumors-jaguars-marvin-jones/

With younger players like Christian Kirk, Laviska Shenault and Zay Jones competing with Jones for snaps, should the Dallas Cowboys look to trade a 3rd day draft pick for 32 year veteran Marvin Jones who clearly still has something left in the tank and can still contribute?

Marvin Jones 2021-2022 Jaguars highlights

Marvin Jones 2020-2021 Lions highlights

jrumann59

Reaction score
The playmaker is best known for his three seasons in Cincinnati followed by five years with Detroit. Marvin Jones has plenty of speed as evidenced by his 4.46-second time in the 40-yard dash. The wideout is just one season removed from posting a career-high 76 receptions for 978 yards and nine touchdowns with the Lions in 2020. The veteran WR Marvin Jones has a reasonable $4.9 million salary for 2022 and is entering the final season of his two-year, $12.5 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Jones had 73 receptions for 832 Yards & 4 Touchdowns in 2021.

With younger players like Christian Kirk, Laviska Shenault and Zay Jones competing with Jones for snaps, should the Dallas Cowboys look to trade a 3rd day draft pick for 32 year veteran Marvin Jones who clearly still has something left in the tank and can still contribute?

if there is value. I mean no more than maybe a conditional 5th. He is 32 speed does not age well.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

This is something that I would like to be interested in.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'd be interested too, only if it's a low round pick. I'd be more interested in a big fat run stopping DT. But for the WR position we may need help till Gallup is 100%.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Stephen doesn't need your help in bringing the old or marginally average.

Look, don't talk to me like you know me until you mention a Tyreek Hill, Kelcy, Dumbo Samuel who has good receiver hands or Jamaar Chase or Devante Adams. Yes, these are big time names and, sadly, unavailable to us.

But you and Stephen like the infirm, old and the almost 2nd tier.
Bloke, so tired of these knee jerk reactions on FA.
There is nothing better available to us than what we have in CeeDee, Gallup, tolbert and Schultz.
Now take out the trash, chap.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Look, don't talk to me like you know me until you mention a Tyreek Hill, Kelcy, Dumbo Samuel who has good receiver hands or Jamaar Chase or Devante Adams. Yes, these are big time names and, sadly, unavailable to us.

There is nothing better available to us than what we have in CeeDee, Gallup, tolbert and Schultz.
In your first comment, you said you are interested in such a trade.

Now, a few minutes later, you say you are not while chiding me and Stephen Jones?

I say you need to get back on your meds......bloke. You're losing it.
:facepalm:

How's that for taking out the trash? :cool:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
In your first comment, you said you are interested in such a trade.

Now, a few minutes later, you say you are not while chiding me and Stephen Jones?

I say you need to get back on your meds......bloke. You're losing it.
:facepalm:

How's that for taking out the trash? :cool:

Don't walk near the railroad tracks.
That is something I would like to be interested in.

Think about it, Dilbert. Think about it. Imagine nuance, sarcasm, facetiousnous, a wry comment.
It hurts to think, huh?

You like this guy? Or maybe you don't like Tolbert, dilbert.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
there is always interest. but commitment?
2nd tier.
... Or maybe you don't like Tolbert, dilbert.
9799dc1bc49a2d15fb2b0d15e9a0f126--so-true-for-the-home.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Don't walk near the railroad tracks.
That is something I would like to be interested in.

Think about it, Dilbert. Think about it. Imagine nuance, sarcasm, facetiousnous, a wry comment.
It hurts to think, huh?

You like this guy? Or maybe you don't like Tolbert, dilbert.
Think deeper, Urkel.

Tolbert is currently injured.

Washington is walking around wearing a walking boot.

Gallop won't be ready to play until October.

The only healthy WRs currently on the team are CeeDee, Noah, Fehoko and a bunch of unproven redshirt sophomores and rookies. You're OK with that? This isn't a 90s teenybop show where you can be Saved By The Bell. Time to wake up and face reality. This Offense under its current injury-ridden and inexperience could definitely use another healthy, proven and reliable veteran WR.
:cool:

DanA

Reaction score

You might not like the names but there are better and certainly more proven players out there than Tolbert. I'd put Marvin Jones Jnr and the 8,00 or so yards he's been average for about 8 years now as on the upper echelon of what Tolbert could produce. 4m and a junk pick isn't a huge investment either.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You might not like the names but there are better and certainly more proven players out there than Tolbert. I'd put Marvin Jones Jnr and the 8,00 or so yards he's been average for about 8 years now as on the upper echelon of what Tolbert could produce. 4m and a junk pick isn't a huge investment either.
:hammer::bow:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Think deeper, Urkel.

Tolbert is currently injured.

Washington is walking around wearing a walking boot.

Gallop won't be ready to play until October.

The only healthy WRs currently on the team are CeeDee, Noah, Fehoko and a bunch of unproven redshirt sophomores and rookies. You're OK with that? This isn't a 90s teenybop show where you can be Saved By The Bell. Time to wake up and face reality. This Offense under its current injury-ridden and inexperience could definitely use another healthy, proven and reliable veteran WR.
:cool:

Poor Dilbert. You believe these are catastropic injuries and the season starts
Sunday.

Come back with better talking points or desist in yer chatter, old fellow.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Our draftee, good or bad, will be with us for years. That's how Jerry rolls.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Poor Dilbert. You believe these are catastropic injuries and the season starts
Sunday.

Come back with better talking points or desist in yer chatter, old fellow.
@DanA disagrees with you. So do several other fellow posters. Poor Urkel, this isn't the 90s anymore. No one finds you amusing.

DanA

Reaction score
Our draftee, good or bad, will be with us for years. That's how Jerry rolls.

• Joseph was drafted in the 2nd round but wasn’t handed a starting position last year.
  • Odigi had to show it up against Gallimore and Hill.
  • Golston and Wright had little chance of starting and didn’t.
  • Sam Williams has to compete with Armstrong and Fowler Jnr
So why are we steadfast about starting a 3rd round WR. They might stick on the roster a long time but 3rd round picks aren’t just gifted starting rolls, just ask McGovern. That’s the distinction and it’s not typically how Jerry rolls!