News: Should Cowboys use draft to further build strengths or fix weaknesses?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You would like to fix a weakness but depending on how the draft falls if you have an opportunity to further build on a strength you should do it. If you can get strong enough in certain areas it can overcome some of your weaknesses. I’m a believer in taking the best player available whether that player adds to a strength or fixes a weakness. The biggest mistakes are made in the draft by picking for need. It leads to reaching.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Drafting BPA or to fill a need is always an interesting debate. But this year it's a little less important because the fatal flaw with the Cowboys has already been addressed. The chance at HC is so significant yet it often gets overlooked.

With middle to high first round picks, BPA is no longer an issue as there are going to be plenty of great players at multiple positions.

When you get passed the first round, then BPA should be the strategy.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I say build strength. Our d will be fine. Daniel Mims or Lamb please
This is a bit of a hard question.

Like asking do ypou want a blond or a redhead for a wife?

Or should your GF be a gym rat or spend her day at the nail salon?

I like blond gym rats myself.

But I think we have to keep fixing weaknesses..

I will be shocked if we survive all these changes and make the playoffs.

Saying that, with the new playoff format, sure...win now.

Techsass

Reaction score
We use the draft to make the team better. We have no control over who comes off the board before we're on the clock, so when our number is called we choose the best possible talent no matter what side of the ball it's on.
...except if he plays on the offense. (just kidding...kinda).

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We have Looney and most likely last years rookie McGovern to battle it out in camp.
This notion that center is a need, and some saying a huge need, is totally overblown. It's not even close to being a need and folks are overreacting to frederick retiring