Should Dallas trade for WR Michael Thomas

dckid

Reaction score
All,
Just thinking of what distressed assets can be traded for?
Wonder if Thomas could be had on the cheap as he missed all of last year and is again out.
I know he has a high cap number but he is out of favor in NO and they might be anxious to let him go.
I would ideally like to get a DJ Moore type but don't want to overpay.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All,
Wonder if Thomas could be had on the cheap as he missed all of last year and is again out.
I know he has a high cap number but he is out of favor in NO and they might be anxious to let him go.

For perspective, keeping Cooper would have been much cheaper.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All,
Way too unreliable and making alot of money.

nycowboyfan

Reaction score
When he’s not hurt he’s an excellent receiver. But i think we need more of a route runner with some speed. DJ mooore. Juedy. Probably just a pipe dream.

dckid

Reaction score
Our Oc can’t even get Gallup involved in the offense. We’re going to trade for Thomas and pay him to not be involved too?
Yeah you guys all make fair points, just think that Thomas is an elite talent and would really open up the field for the rest of the team. He could gobble up targets and bring real efficiency to the offense.

J12B

Reaction score
Yeah you guys all make fair points, just think that Thomas is an elite talent and would really open up the field for the rest of the team. He could gobble up targets and bring real efficiency to the offense.

He hasn't been able to stay healthy for 2 years now.

No thanks.

Unless the Saints will accept a 7th round pick in exchange.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Pass. If it were 2019 Michael Thomas I would be all over it. Guy has an expensive contract going forward ($16 million 2023 and $19 million 2024) and stays hurt.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
No for multiple reasons.

He hasn't played or been good for multiple seasons.
There are younger/healthier WRs available I'd sooner take a cheaper risk on a trade.
I am not prepared to trade for a WR. I don't think that alone is stopping the offense.

jujoboys

Reaction score
When he’s not hurt he’s an excellent receiver. But i think we need more of a route runner with some speed. DJ mooore. Juedy. Probably just a pipe dream.

I wouldn't mind Chase Claypool either. However, I don't think Dallas will make a splash trade.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Thomas is a slant master, but Dak and Slants don't always work well due to timing. Curls, out routes, go balls for Dak yes. Thomas is also injury prone.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The Saint may have to give someone a draft pick to take Thomas off their hands.

nycowboyfan

Reaction score
Brandon Cooks also makes a lot of sense. But I agree like a few others. They won’t make a splash move. “We like our guys!”

USArmyVet

Reaction score
All,

2023 cap hit of $28M
2024 cap hit of $27M

That should end this discussion immediately.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I'm just going to say it. Despite the numbers he put up, I never thought he was that great.