Should Garret have opened up the playbook more

kbman

Reaction score
We kept hearing that they haven't shown us everything, they had a few things in the bag. Why not let the cat out and try one of em.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
kbman;1901645 said:
We kept hearing that they haven't shown us everything, they had a few things in the bag. Why not let the cat out and try one of em.

doesn't matter really. we'll 2nd guess for decades to come.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
well Garrett couldn't win. many here cried to run more then when he did, they cried he should pass more. poor guy never had a chance.

kbman

Reaction score
Yeah I was just curious about all the, we haven't shown em everything plays.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Garrett made a lot of questionable decisions.

He's a rookie coordinator. Not a genius. Any team that offers him a HC position deserves what they get.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theogt;1901685 said:
Garrett made a lot of questionable decisions.

He's a rookie coordinator. Not a genius. Any team that offers him a HC position deserves what they get.

have to agree. garrett did too well. he got everyone's hopes up for an instant fix and it wasn't that easy. he's still got his own learning to do and THIS is why he's not ready to be a HC yet.

a lot of promise but like parcells made romo take the long road, garrett needs too also.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Garrett needs to learn to be more patient, the defenses have been giving up the underneath stuff the last few weeks, he needs to take the outs and curl routes to keep the chains moving more often.

links18

Reaction score
How about throwing the ball to Glenn? He finally gets back and has what? 2 balls thrown his way? Crayton was in the game too much .......

mmohican29

Reaction score
I think the plays that Garrett kept in his bag got lost amongst cheeseburger wrappers and a few stale fries.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
The only play call from todays game that I have to question is the last play...

why was Witten blocking instead of running a route?! If anything he could have taken at least one defender off of Glenn, I mean since he was triple covered...

SweetDC

Reaction score
After seeing what our offense brought today, I cannot see any team, especially the Washington Commanders, wanting Garrett as their HC. Even the Falcons cannot be that desperate to ignore what they have seen out of our offense lately. The speculation should end now. Garrett isn't going anywhere--at least not for a Head Coach position.

SweetDC

Reaction score
SweetDC;1901930 said:
After seeing what our offense brought today, I cannot see any team, especially the Washington Commanders, wanting Garrett as their HC. Even the Falcons cannot be that desperate to ignore what they have seen out of our offense lately. The speculation should end now. Garrett isn't going anywhere--at least not for a Head Coach position.
Wait a minute, I take that back. I forgot about Baltimore.

Baltimore is dumb enough to still hire him. They aren't known for making smart offensive decisions. Knowing Baltimore, they probably liked what they saw out there today.:rolleyes:

jesusphreak

Reaction score
SweetDC;1901936 said:
Wait a minute, I take that back. I forgot about Baltimore.

Baltimore is dumb enough to still hire him. They aren't known for making smart offensive decisions. Knowing Baltimore, they probably liked what they saw out there today.:rolleyes:

Anything in Baltimore is better than what they have been calling an offense for the past decade. ;)

utrunner07

Reaction score
If you mean during the bye week so that he was more prepared, then yes!

SweetDC

Reaction score
jesusphreak;1901947 said:
Anything in Baltimore is better than what they have been calling an offense for the past decade. ;)
Yep. That's why I'm sure they are still gaga over what they've seen out of Garrett. Baltimore makes one bad decision after another when it comes to their offense.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
torrescatch22;1901826 said:
The only play call from todays game that I have to question is the last play...

why was Witten blocking instead of running a route?!

Probably because they wanted to make sure Romo had time to throw the ball. A lot of those type of plays get wasted because the quarterback is pressured and never even has a chance to throw it, let alone complete it.