Should Hardy Appeal, or Nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogah

Reaction score
Since when did public opinion have any sort of cause and effect relationship with the veracity of allegations? Why is it even brought up? Hardy is either guilty of something or not, but "people think he dun it!" is irrelevant here. The fact that the whole thing went away as far as it concerns the legal system, even within our current PC, guilty until proven innocent, machomanhating culture, speaks many more volumes about the alleged victim's veracity than any millions of 'Murkans who think he dun it.
:facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So now the strategy is to dig up old post in an attempt to discredit what folks are posting now? Are we also ignoring context and not accounting for how opinions do evolve as more information is made available? Yeah, that's not going to work in your favor @Rogah.

Rogah

Reaction score
Feel better now? You tried to defame me too. How antisocial of you.
How in the world is quoting something you said, word for word, defamation???

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Rogah

Reaction score
So now the strategy is to dig up old post in an attempt to discredit what folks are posting now?
Are you even following this thread?

Kaiser wrote: "There is absolutely no one saying they don't want him who has now changed their tune."

So yeah, I gave 2 examples of individuals who were entirely convinced Hardy was guilty back when he was a Panther and have entirely changed their tune. Note how their opinions "evolved" as he transitioned to free agency and, ultimately, to the Cowboys. I'm sure those are just coincidences.

Garrettop

Reaction score
Also, the silence of the rest of the thread is deafening.

You like copping out with Picard don't you? Maybe the thread has slowly turned into you and 2-3 other posters because those 2-3 people have more patience than the rest of the members. Winning a battle of attrition on an interwebs forum is hardly something to crow about.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Kaiser wrote: "There is absolutely no one saying they don't want him who has now changed their tune."

So yeah, I gave 2 examples of individuals who were entirely convinced Hardy was guilty back when he was a Panther and have entirely changed their tune. Note how their opinions "evolved" as he transitioned to free agency and, ultimately, to the Cowboys. I'm sure those are just coincidences.
You have also stated the following within this thread:
It's amazing how this forum's opinion on Greg Hardy did a 180 when he became a free agent and the possibility of him signing here became more real.
You have dug up two examples to support your contention. However, two examples DO NOT REFLECT THIS FORUM'S OPINION.

You may wish to dig some more to prove relevance.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

I once liked one of your posts before I knew you

I guess that disqualifies me from ever disagreeing with you

Rogah

Reaction score
You have also stated the following within this thread:

You have dug up two examples to support your contention. However, two examples DO NOT REFLECT THIS FORUM'S OPINION.

You may wish to dig some more to prove relevance.
My whole point is that this forum's collective opinion (back when Hardy was a Panther) is that he was guilty. I have given evidence to support that point. You have given nothing to counter it.

BY THE WAY, I CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPITALS AND LARGE FONT TOO!!!!!

Rogah

Reaction score
I once liked one of your posts before I knew you

I guess that disqualifies me from ever disagreeing with you
Depends on the subject. I don't see where the logic in in claiming that to disagree with someone on one topic precludes you from agreeing with them on another.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My whole point is that this forum's collective opinion (back when Hardy was a Panther) is that he was guilty. I have given evidence to support that point. You have given nothing to counter it.

BY THE WAY, I CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPITALS AND LARGE FONT TOO!!!!!

Two examples are evidence that supports your claim about the forum's collective opinion.

That's some dumb ****. You should be ashamed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Do you not see the desperation in your strategy? If you had better facts that supported your opinion that Hardy beat his GF, you wouldn't have to resort to these cheap tactics. The story has evolved, more information of the facts in the case has been released so of course folks opinions have evolved. That's what happen as a story unfolds. I consider it peculiar how your opinion didn't change as more and more information was released.

Rogah

Reaction score
Do you not see the desperation in your strategy?
When people bring up tangential points, I respond to those points in kind.

Kaiser: There is absolutely no one saying they don't want him who has now changed their tune.
Rogah: Actually, there are. Here are 2 examples.
mrtxstar: Do you not see the desperation in your strategy? Stop changing the subject and resorting to these cheap tactics!!!

Seriously. Do us a favor and try to follow the thread a wee bit better.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Do you not see the desperation in your strategy? If you had better facts that supported your opinion that Hardy beat his GF, you wouldn't have to resort to these cheap tactics. The story has evolved, more information of the facts in the case has been released so of course folks opinions have evolved. That's what happen as a story unfolds. I consider it peculiar how your opinion didn't change as more and more information was released.

Kaiser said:
If you google the articles all of that (and more) is out there. I got interested in this because the charges were so serious and ended up reading a bunch of the articles on it. If you have the time and read what is already out there, I think you will reach the same conclusions.

I understand that most people don't have the time or the interest to really look into a lot of the cases. I am guilty of it myself. But if I am going to debate it with someone I am going to make sure I have done some research. I also tried to read up on Hardy's case and I came to the same conclusions. She just doesn't seem to be credible and he deserves the benefit of the doubt after all charges were dropped.
bkight13, Feb 26, 2015 Report
#78 Reply

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kaiser said:
If you google the articles all of that (and more) is out there. I got interested in this because the charges were so serious and ended up reading a bunch of the articles on it. If you have the time and read what is already out there, I think you will reach the same conclusions.

I understand that most people don't have the time or the interest to really look into a lot of the cases. I am guilty of it myself. But if I am going to debate it with someone I am going to make sure I have done some research. I also tried to read up on Hardy's case and I came to the same conclusions. She just doesn't seem to be credible and he deserves the benefit of the doubt after all charges were dropped.
bkight13, Feb 26, 2015 Report
#78 Reply
Feburary 26? That's before Greg Hardy signed in mid-March. That can't be right. But it must be. What the heck? Hey KJJ oops I mean hey Rogah.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
When people bring up tangential points, I respond to those points in kind.

Kaiser: There is absolutely no one saying they don't want him who has now changed their tune.
Rogah: Actually, there are. Here are 2 examples.
mrtxstar: Do you not see the desperation in your strategy? Stop changing the subject and resorting to these cheap tactics!!!

Seriously. Do us a favor and try to follow the thread a wee bit better.

You are clearly cut and pasting to make a false point. Kaiser was talking about that one thread only.

This is nonsense. There were multiple threads with long discussions about this topic back in January exactly because most of the informed posters here said they didn't want a guy who beats women on the team but had done their homework about Hardy's case.

Those threads got deleted exactly because of the shoot first, read the facts later crowd. But if you do a search for Hardy's name back in January, you will see this thread about general options for FA signings -

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/which-of-these-free-agent-dl-do-you-guys-want.313832/

There are five posts saying they want Hardy if he is innocent and three that want Hardy who don't mention the legal situation.

There is absolutely no one saying they don't want him who has now changed their tune.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I know this about the forum:

CowboysZone when Hardy was a Panther: "He is an angry drunk that hits women. He beat his girlfriend and threw her on a bed with 25-30 weapons."
CowboysZone when Hardy was a free agent: "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... not so sure what happened....."
CowboysZone when Hardy became a Cowboys: "He's pure as the wind driven snow! Innocent until proven guilty! She's a gold digging coke *****!"

Can he sack the quarterback?

None of these players are my heroes. There are guys on the team who I like. Some I don't care for.

I root for the star. And you?

Status
Not open for further replies.