Should Hardy Appeal, or Nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am not someone that ignores it when men beat up women just because they wear the right laundry on Sunday afternoon. I can't help but chuckle at the people so out of touch with reality that they think 0 games is a possibility.

Anything else is just you showing how much I hurt your feelings by exposing the $3.8 million figure you gave as not even remotely realistic.

Your belief that Hardy beat a woman has you blind to the fact that the $3.8 million figure being bandied about, while not likely, is a possibility that can only happen if he takes a swing at it. Hardy has nothing to lose in this endeavor. The NFLPA foots the bill for the legal fees so why not try?

Rogah

Reaction score
Your belief that Hardy beat a woman has you blind to the fact that the $3.8 million figure being bandied about, while not likely, is a possibility that can only happen if he takes a swing at it. Hardy has nothing to lose in this endeavor. The NFLPA foots the bill for the legal fees so why not try?
I disagree that Hardy has nothing to lose in the matter. If it was all that simple, why haven't they made their announcement yet to increase pressure on the league?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hardy has a per game bonus of 500,000 and incentives for hitting sack numbers. Not appealing would be just like giving up on the possibility of 3.8 million extra. How much hassle is an appeal for the chance if that?

Depends on the costs of his lawyers.

Rogah

Reaction score
Please you didn't expose anything. Acting like you know exactly what will happen is delusional.
I don't know exactly what will happen, but I do know it won't be reduced to 0. Best case scenario for Hardy is from 4 to 2. I even said he would probably win that reduction if he decides it is worth the risk and proceeds with the appeal.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I disagree that Hardy has nothing to lose in the matter. If it was all that simple, why haven't they made their announcement yet to increase pressure on the league?

Then pray tell, what that would be that he can lose.

Rogah

Reaction score
Then pray tell, what that would be that he can lose.
He stands to potentially lose time, money, public relations, control over when he serves the suspension, and keeping this matter alive increases the chance of those 7 pictures finding their way to the internet.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what will happen, but I do know it won't be reduced to 0. Best case scenario for Hardy is from 4 to 2. I even said he would probably win that reduction if he decides it is worth the risk and proceeds with the appeal.

He's waiting on the NFLPA to get back to him about fighting it. I wouldn't call them the most efficient bunch but if they say go for all of it why not. This is a Brady or Big R type deal, he has already missed time.

EST_1986

Reaction score
How long would the entire process take?

I'd just take the 4 game suspension at this point.

Its a free fight for him with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Why not fight it?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sit out 4 games. Sit out 2 games. Hmmmm.

Not that simple but that is the crux of the situation. What are the costs? IDK.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He stands to potentially lose time, money, public relations, control over when he serves the suspension, and keeping this matter alive increases the chance of those 7 pictures finding their way to the internet.

Nope on all counts. He won't lose time because his suspension will only be reduced further not increased. He won't lose money because the Players Union is footing the bill on this. He won't lose in public relations because his reputation has already been drug through the mud. He is trying to get his record expunged of this incident. Accepting a suspension of any amount is tantamount to admitting some degree of guilt. This idea you've introduced of control over when he serves the suspension comes from the perspective that he deserves to be suspended... but that isn't his perspective. He has fought this with vigor at every step of the case... that hasn't changed. Those seven pictures... LOL. That's not proof he did that to her... it's been his position all along that the crazy girl did it to herself. Pictures don't reveal who did it. Dude is Teflon... nothing sticks.

Reactions: BAZ

Rogah

Reaction score
Nope on all counts. He won't lose time because his suspension will only be reduced further not increased.
He will have to use his own personal time to go through with the appeal.
He won't lose money because the Players Union is footing the bill on this.
He will likely maintain his own counsel, who will be working with the players' union.
He won't lose in public relations because his reputation has already been drug through the mud.
It can always get worse.
This idea you've introduced of control over when he serves the suspension comes from the perspective that he deserves to be suspended... but that isn't his perspective.
You have no idea what his perspective is. Most reports say his own counsel admits the best case scenario is to go from 4 to 2. He may decide 4 in September is better than 2 at some arbitrary future date.
He has fought this with vigor at every step of the case...
Yeah. Sure. If you ignore the cash settlement he paid to the victim that any reasonable person with half a brain knows was made.
Those seven pictures... LOL. That's not proof he did that to her... it's been his position all along that the crazy girl did it to herself. Pictures don't reveal who did it.
And if those pictures show a woman beaten and bruised from head to toe, not a single soul in the country (outside this forum) is going to believe she did it to herself. He would replace Ray Rice as the poster child for domestic violence.

He is more talented than Rice so someone would sign him, but the bad P.R. could cost him millions.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He will likely maintain his own counsel, who will be working with the players' union.
It can always get worse.
You have no idea what his perspective is. Most reports say his own counsel admits the best case scenario is to go from 4 to 2. He may decide 4 in September is better than 2 at some arbitrary future date.
Yeah. Sure. If you ignore the cash settlement he paid to the victim that any reasonable person with half a brain knows was made.
And if those pictures show a woman beaten and bruised from head to toe, not a single soul in the country (outside this forum) is going to believe she did it to herself. He would replace Ray Rice as the poster child for domestic violence.

He is more talented than Rice so someone would sign him, but the bad P.R. could cost him millions.

We disagree on all accounts. b/c you know it all, no amount of rebuttal will ever budge you from your stubborn skewed perspective... there is no point in debate. Only when events come to pass and you're proven wrong do you give an inch.... and so it continues.

Rogah

Reaction score
We disagree on all accounts. b/c you know it all, no amount of rebuttal will ever budge you from your stubborn skewed perspective... there is no point in debate.
Then feel free to stop responding to my posts.

If he appeals, he probably gets it knocked down to 2. He will not get it knocked down to 0, you can take that to the bank.

I do not know what he will decide to do, but those saying he has nothing to lose are wrong.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
NFLPA foots his legal fees for any future action.

I'm part of a Union. A powerful one at that.
They don't foot the bill for my every transgression. Nor my colleagues. I need to stop my transgressions...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

If he appeals, he probably gets it knocked down to 2. He will not get it knocked down to 0, you can take that to the bank.

I do not know what he will decide to do, but those saying he has nothing to lose are wrong.

You are not getting out of this debate that easily. Hardy has gone on record as saying that he will likely take the decision of the appeal to court if his suspension is not reduced to two games or less.

Plumfool

Reaction score
It can always get worse.

Why would evidence from a criminal case need to be introduced?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Out of the last 50 cases of DV, 16 times the player received 0 games if they weren't convicted. That is called precedence.

Judge Doty ruled that the old policy and "law of the shop" had to be respected when he vacated Henderson's ruling in the Peterson case.

Hardy's case was cited in the Contempt of Court motion filed by the NFLPA since he is in the same boat as Peterson(old policy), except Peterson plead guilty and Hardy had all the charges dropped.

Hardy's could very easily win and have his entire suspension overturned.

You want to play judge and jury and base justice on your opinions, but thank goodness your opinion doesn't count in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.