Should I be a disgruntled Cowboys fan?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
People will lose patience when three decades of losing pass by and the best news this offseason was Crawford retiring; literally because we can’t take watching him anymore.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
https://www.upi.com/News_Photos/vie...-Dallas-Cowboy-shirts-for-his-sons-in-Dallas/

f6237effcfd5b1a96e600c3dae797fa0.jpg

Looks like the next two in the line to the throne are Cowboys fans. Prince Charles is apparently a Cowboys fan, and that's Prince William in the Cowboys shirt. RIP Princess Diana. As far as I'm concerned, yes, that makes the Cowboys England's team.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Whenever I log on to this board or any other cowboy forum, I encounter the disgruntled Cowboys fan. You know the type. The ones that ask the typical disgruntled questions. Why did they sign this guy? Or why didn't they sign this guy? Why did they draft this player. Or why wouldn't they draft this player instead? How could they not win that game? Or why did they bother to win that game?
And not just that. They have to make fun of the fans that are trying to stay positive. Or bring them down to their belief level. If a fan makes a post asking what we need to do in free agency, they will answer with the equivalent of 'what's the use?' Their answers will infer that whatever they do, it will be the wrong thing.
I get it. We haven't won anything in over a quarter of a century. We have a meddlesome owner. We are known as America's Team (worse thing to ever happen to us.) We have an atrocious defense.We paid Zeke. We paid Jaylon. We drafted Taco. Again, we haven't won anything in over a quarter of a century. God knows that there is reason to be disgruntled.
But I choose not to go that path. As do many of the other board members. We know of our challenges and our weaknesses. But we choose to ponder about what we need to do to overcome those challenges and weaknesses. When they sign a mid-tier free agent, we try to figure out how they will use them rather then complain about the fact that they didn't sign a top-tier player.
There are many ways to skin a cat and the Cowboys choose to do if with drafting well, signing second-level free agents and then turning those players into compensatory picks if they choose to leave. Yeah, we have missed on some draft picks but we are one of the best in the league at picking college talent. That's a fact, Jack.
So I ask the disgruntled fans that stay on these forums and others like it. Why? Why continue to be a Cowboys fan if it is so negative and depressing? Isn't it the conventional wisdom to purge things from your life that make you unhappy? I, myself, will not read, listen or watch anything Cowboys related after a tough loss because it hurts to think about it. So I understand the concept of out of sight, out of mind when it comes to the Boys.
Anyway, I know that this post isn't gonna change any minds or mindsets in regards to the Cowboys. And I know that everyone is allowed to be Cowboys fans, including the Negative Nancys in our group. I live in the Philly area so I see the negativity about the Boys every day. So I'm used to it.
Have a good day, y'all, and How bout them Cowboys!!
Are you disgruntled at the fans.

JBond

Reaction score
Questioning failure? That’s funny. But you haters just say stuff like that to make yourself feel better.
You clearly are a child that does not understand the term hate. Grow up, kido.

When you get a job and fail over and over at it and become confused why you no longer have that job, you will begin to understand why being successful is important.

JBond

Reaction score
so you are miserable? you constantly are complaining about everybody's opinion that differs from yours.
Reminds me of many things, but life has taught me that the kids that whine about people's opinions have proven to be pretty shallow and self absorbed. Run into it again again when trying to coach employees or make new hires.

Always full of excuses for not getting it done. Why did you leave your last job? Why did you fail to deliver on this client project? Then they start the blame game for asking.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Whenever I log on to this board or any other cowboy forum, I encounter the disgruntled Cowboys fan. You know the type. The ones that ask the typical disgruntled questions. Why did they sign this guy? Or why didn't they sign this guy? Why did they draft this player. Or why wouldn't they draft this player instead? How could they not win that game? Or why did they bother to win that game?
And not just that. They have to make fun of the fans that are trying to stay positive. Or bring them down to their belief level. If a fan makes a post asking what we need to do in free agency, they will answer with the equivalent of 'what's the use?' Their answers will infer that whatever they do, it will be the wrong thing.
I get it. We haven't won anything in over a quarter of a century. We have a meddlesome owner. We are known as America's Team (worse thing to ever happen to us.) We have an atrocious defense.We paid Zeke. We paid Jaylon. We drafted Taco. Again, we haven't won anything in over a quarter of a century. God knows that there is reason to be disgruntled.
But I choose not to go that path. As do many of the other board members. We know of our challenges and our weaknesses. But we choose to ponder about what we need to do to overcome those challenges and weaknesses. When they sign a mid-tier free agent, we try to figure out how they will use them rather then complain about the fact that they didn't sign a top-tier player.
There are many ways to skin a cat and the Cowboys choose to do if with drafting well, signing second-level free agents and then turning those players into compensatory picks if they choose to leave. Yeah, we have missed on some draft picks but we are one of the best in the league at picking college talent. That's a fact, Jack.
So I ask the disgruntled fans that stay on these forums and others like it. Why? Why continue to be a Cowboys fan if it is so negative and depressing? Isn't it the conventional wisdom to purge things from your life that make you unhappy? I, myself, will not read, listen or watch anything Cowboys related after a tough loss because it hurts to think about it. So I understand the concept of out of sight, out of mind when it comes to the Boys.
Anyway, I know that this post isn't gonna change any minds or mindsets in regards to the Cowboys. And I know that everyone is allowed to be Cowboys fans, including the Negative Nancys in our group. I live in the Philly area so I see the negativity about the Boys every day. So I'm used to it.
Let me guess.

You are young.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
SJ, you can't control anyone but yourself. There are all kinds of people and their mindsets here. Some are pleasant and some are abrasive. The way we interact with them has much to do with their attitudes and ours, also. If you let the sourpusses get to you, it'll only make things worse. By keeping your expectations in check, others may tend to follow suit. If not, keep cool and things will usually work out for the best. Control yourself and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Steve007

Reaction score
Put down the Kool-aid, you have had too much.