Should media speculation be illegal?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Watching Cold Pizza... you can see Skip Brainless foaming at the mouth with speculation and opinion stating and emphasizing them as facts?

It should be criminal.

Saying BP doesnt want TO... but because he has him that he has no choice but to play him....

:ralph:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;1059009 said:
Watching Cold Pizza... you can see Skip Brainless foaming at the mouth with speculation and opinion stating and emphasizing them as facts?

It should be criminal.

Saying BP doesnt want TO... but because he has him that he has no choice but to play him....

i can't stand bayless. i have never agreed with anything he has said.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1059009 said:

It should be criminal.

No because this is only an opinion.

MC KAos

Reaction score
a law like that would be uncostitutional. I agree with you about him being an idiot but thats the great thing about this country, we can have idiots like that talkin nonsense and then we can come on here and make fun of them

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1059012 said:
i can't stand bayless. i have never agreed with anything he has said.

They talk about TO having mental problems. Brainless CLEARLY feels he needs to be heard. Has to raise his voice. Insists on his speculation as being the law of the land.

Normally I would say... I can see what a particular person is doing as far as their work(media has to dig and get it out first thats understood) but he is just over the top to the point where he needs to be off the air.... talk about no credibility

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MC KAos;1059016 said:
a law like that would be uncostitutional. I agree with you about him being an idiot but thats the great thing about this country, we can have idiots like that talkin nonsense and then we can come on here and make fun of them

Correct and no one said you had to believe that they are saying.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1059014 said:

Ok then we need someone stronger than Woody "Woodroe" up their bantering with him..... Brainless wins everytime... just on volume alone...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1059014 said:

That's true... however, many mediots state their opinions as if they were facts. That's where I get bothered.

If you have an opinion then fine, state it... but don't act like you know for sure when you don't. That's a pet peeve of mine.

Like Bayless has any idea if Parcells really wanted TO or not. :rolleyes: He can't know unless Bill told him and I promise you that didn't happen. So, Bayless is merely guessing. However, he states it like it is a foregone conclusion and people who don't know any better take that hook, line, and sinker.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We should just do away with freedom of speech because the media does not play fair with T.O.

I mean , come on, we have liable and slander laws. If T.O. feels that he has been the victim of that he has the right to go after them.

Otherwise, everyones opinion on this board, which is public , could be restricted.

superpunk

Reaction score
Solution: Don't watch Cold Pizza. Don't read, watch, or listen to Skip Bayless.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MC KAos;1059016 said:

Maybe they can put out a show...analyizing the statements that are made. Then they can critique them as to their validity or stupidity.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
YoMick;1059009 said:

It should be criminal.

It shouldn't be illegal. But slander and libel should be a bit more easily enforced. I'm against censorship and banning free speech. Problem is with slander and libel laws is that you not only have to prove that there were false statements made about the victim, but that the victim suffered some type of monetary, emotional, or physical damage as a result of the slander/libel.

In Owens' case, he could say that his name has been stained. But he would have a hard time showing actual damage done to himself.

The best we can do is stop buying papers, stop watching their shows and stop clicking on their Web sites. In all reality, that's not going to happen. The next best solution is to keep a tally of all the idiotic speculation they've caused and to remind them and the rest of the world that they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I will always look at this situation as the media selling out Owens, Etheridge and more importantly...the Dallas PD and fire and rescue just to get more ratings, paper buys, and Web site clicks.

YAKUZA

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
superpunk;1059033 said:
Solution: Don't watch Cold Pizza. Don't read, watch, or listen to Skip Bayless.

No need to post a "Solution" punk :p: ... it wasnt threaded as a problem... it was threaded as a question - reread it! :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1059028 said:
That's true... however, many mediots state their opinions as if they were facts. That's where I get bothered.

If you have an opinion then fine, state it... but don't act like you know for sure when you don't. That's a pet peeve of mine.

Like Bayless has any idea if Parcells really wanted TO or not. :rolleyes: He can't know unless Bill told him and I promise you that didn't happen. So, Bayless is merely guessing. However, he states it like it is a foregone conclusion and people who don't know any better take that hook, line, and sinker.

I understand where your coming from but I don't think they should make a law saying a person can't have an opinion. Just because a person tells me to go to hell does not mean I have to go. :laugh2:

mwj473

Reaction score
YoMick;1059045 said:
No need to post a "Solution" punk :p: ... it wasnt threaded as a problem... it was threaded as a question - reread it! :D

Yeah, but you wouldn't have asked the question if you would have followed the solution. :D :D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1059043 said:
It shouldn't be illegal. But slander and libel should be a bit more easily enforced. I'm against censorship and banning free speech. Problem is with slander and libel laws is that you not only have to prove that there were false statements made about the victim, but that the victim suffered some type of monetary, emotional, or physical damage as a result of the slander/libel.

In Owens' case, he could say that his name has been stained. But he would have a hard time showing actual damage done to himself.

The best we can do is stop buying papers, stop watching their shows and stop clicking on their Web sites. In all reality, that's not going to happen. The next best solution is to keep a tally of all the idiotic speculation they've caused and to remind them and the rest of the world that they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I will always look at this situation as the media selling out Owens, Etheridge and more importantly...the Dallas PD and fire and rescue just to get more ratings, paper buys, and Web site clicks.

YAKUZA

Thanks Rich :D ... thats what I was looking for "slander abd libel"

your post has some very interesting points

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mwj473;1059051 said:
Yeah, but you wouldn't have asked the question if you would have followed the solution. :D :D

Maybe I just feel like the media should be held more accountable/respomsible.... whether that is realistic or not....