Should MM share playcalling with Moore?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Not sure. Still looking at those delicious donuts in your avatar ------> runs

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I don't think we actually know what was called and what was actually run. If anything I'd put Dak on a short leash next week and not let him check out of the call or go to hot routes.

Right now, it looks like Dak sees one thing and checks into a short pass while the defense is bluffing and sitting on the short routes.

I also wonder why no deep throws all night vs. 2nd string corners. Dak seemed to be confused and just checked it down.

Romo had this same problem early in his career.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Ummm. When this board was calling Garrett the next Landry I was the one going at him.

Don’t act like I’m the type to not call out a coach.
You didn't call out Pollard. And he had a horrible game just like zeke. Mainly because you praise him as the second coming. But hey. What do I know

Praxit

Reaction score
..im saying this, MM might be more RUN oriented than Moore. GB always had good running game with MM.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I would say yes. The offense stinks from the top down. MM has to do something drastic at this point. You can’t fire anyone and make any major roster changes this late in the season . Just take the reigns and run with it. Moore is getting schooled by opposing DCs like a kid losing his lunch money to the playground bully every week.

Tommy

Reaction score
...Heck ya. Right now, Moore seems bias about certain things. Those running plays up the middle, both

Zeke and Pollard were getting hit behind LOS. For basically no gains.

Adding MM to the picture, might open things a bit more. Since MM is offense oriented, he could make the difference.

..............what say you guys?
What are your favorite runs against a defensive line that is in the backfield as soon as you get the ball?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vance Joseph, AZ's DC, has the rep for being very cagey and disguising and he was down 4 starters yesterday and his goal was to make the QB make decisions quickly. He got what he wanted too when they took a 15 point lead and that took the Cowboys out of their O game plan.

At one point earlier in the season, their D was #1 against the run and they were getting up on teams quickly.

I think the Cowboys coaching staff was caught off guard as much as the offense was with him missing his pass rushers and CB's. I think there might have been a general overconfidence with the coaches and players.

At some point, the blame should shift somewhat to credit for what the AZ coaching staff and backups were able to do yesterday. They had Dallas uncomfortable from the beginning throughout the game.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
They played two deep a lot and lots of runs should have been called. Pollard barely got out there. I swear if I see another Zeke up the Centers *** for two I’m going to scream.
Here was the problem. They showed a 9 man front most of the time and then bailed into coverage, so you could see why Dak would audible out of a run against those fronts. But they finally figured it out, that's how they caught up.

quickccc

Reaction score
MM can't handle time outs and y'all want to add more to his plate????

+1

MM is already having his problems with game management and field decisions and being a walk around HC, and now we want to add play calling to his current duties ?

This is where you have to entrust your Asst. coordinators ..and .if it's that bad.. then you do the Linehan/Moore replacement thing in the offseason..

quickccc

Reaction score
Vance Joseph, AZ's DC, has the rep for being very cagey and disguising and he was down 4 starters yesterday and his goal was to make the QB make decisions quickly. He got what he wanted too when they took a 15 point lead and that took the Cowboys out of their O game plan.

At one point earlier in the season, their D was #1 against the run and they were getting up on teams quickly.

I think the Cowboys coaching staff was caught off guard as much as the offense was with him missing his pass rushers and CB's. I think there might have been a general overconfidence with the coaches and players.

At some point, the blame should shift somewhat to credit for what the AZ coaching staff and backups were able to do yesterday. They had Dallas uncomfortable from the beginning throughout the game.

Although the problems with the offense was apparently already were in existence before this Ariz game... Denver- Radas- even the Giants game -even the first Wash game ...and now this past game.

Opposing defenses are adjusting to Dak .... Not Dak adjusting to opposing defenses .. and we cannot put it off as he's bad On the Road , but good at home.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I'm sure MM has the authority to override any play call Moore makes as is. He has the headset on too. The next step if MM thinks Moores play calling is an issue is to take it over completely.
Dak probably does as well and therein may lie part of the problem.