Should the Cowboys trade for DJ Moore?

What draft pick should the Cowboys trade to get DJ Moore?

• Total voters

J12B

Reaction score
With the recent firing of their Head Coaxh and Defensive Coordinator, the Panthers are most likely going into a rebuild.

Should Dallas try to improve the WR unit by bringing in DJ Moore via trade?

Not sure what his value is, but he's certainly having a bad year (most likely due to Baker). He's had some good seasons, last year being his best since entering the league in 2018 as the 24th overall selection.

• In 2021, he had 93 receptions for 1157 yards and 4 Touchdowns.
  • Never really had injury issues. Only missed 2 games during his NFL career
  • 25 million cap hit next year and about 15 million guaranteed money over '24 and '25 seasons so that cap hit may be able to be lowered next season to 15 million.

I'm assuming at the very least, the Panthers would want a 3rd rounder although he's probably worth a 2nd, but maybe a 3rd gets it done given his high contract. Well who knows, Dallas only got a 5th for Amari Cooper.

Would Moore be worth giving up a 3rd rounder and a big cap hit in 2023?

Rayman70

Reaction score
part of me says yes trade for him. But remember, eventually these dudes want paid. We already have a ton of guys on roster that need paid soon. Plus if we make a trade we are already admitting that MAYBE Simi and Jalen aren't the answer at wr. I doubt we make a trade based on that.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Short answer no.

The Cowboys just got Gallup back. CeeDee is playing better of late, Noah Brown has been very good when given opportunity, and James Washington should be getting healthy in a couple weeks.

The compensation it would take for Moore would be better used for a OL next draft or an impactful defensive player. Cowboys would just be repeating the Amari Cooper situation by trading for Moore imo...they should just continue to develop their guys or find a smaller move for WR with less compensation required like Mims (Jets) or someone similar.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I could see it taking a 3rd to get him, and, given the comp picks we are likely to have, this wouldn't be a bad move.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Should the Panther's trade DJ Moore is a better question.

Trading him causes his cap number to increase from $6 million to $19 million

And they only have about $10 million in space.

So in order to trade him, they'll need to clear up $3 million plus

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
part of me says yes trade for him. But remember, eventually these dudes want paid. We already have a ton of guys on roster that need paid soon. Plus if we make a trade we are already admitting that MAYBE Simi and Jalen aren't the answer at wr. I doubt we make a trade based on that.
Moore has already been paid. He'll be making Amari Cooper money the next 3 years.