Should we draft another QB?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
At this point, we would only be bringing in a QB to ride the bench for a few years, and he wouldn't have an immediate impact unless Bledsoe went down. So seeing as how we have more pressing needs, I would say no unless the unthinkable happens and a QB like Leinhart or Young falls into our lap at pick #18.

ComicBookGuy

Reaction score
In a later round perhaps. Don't use any picks which could be used on impact players for somebody who will be sitting on the bench for a few years.

rathalarge

Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
i was thinkin omar jacobs in like the 5th or something
Why not somewhere later in the draft. It has worked for the Pats, who seem to take one every year, that's how they found Tom Brady.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
i dont think we need to draft a QB...but i think if someone like croyle or olson is there 2nd day we could jump on them

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
We don't need to draft another QB, at least not this year unless it's a guy worth looking at in the 6th or 7th round to compete with Romo/Henson for the 3rd string job. :cool:

neosapien23

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
We don't need to draft another QB, at least not this year unless it's a guy worth looking at in the 6th or 7th round to compete with Romo/Henson for the 3rd string job. :cool:

Your boy only has two more seasons in him. What are the Cowboys going to do when Bledsoe retires?

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Your boy only has two more seasons in him. What are the Cowboys going to do when Bledsoe retires?

Yes I agree Drew probably has two good, productive seasons left provided he stays heathly and this team in the mix for a playoff birth. In terms of drafting a QB, I said THIS YEAR for a reason. Next year I have no problem looking at a QB in the first few rounds. Besides Cutler, Young and Leinart will all be long gone by the time we pick anyway.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Not this year. However, soon we're going to need to do it the conventional way and that is drafting the next guy who's going to be your starter for teh next 7-10 years.

Manster54

Reaction score
If Parcells wants to win now, getting a rookie QB is not the way to accomplish his goal. Of course, nobody though Big Ben would go to the AFC title game in year 1 & then win the SB in year 2.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I really wouldn't object to drafting Whitehurst in the 3rd round. Maybe even Brodie Croyle there as well.

Rich........

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rathalarge said:
Why not somewhere later in the draft. It has worked for the Pats, who seem to take one every year, that's how they found Tom Brady.
There is your correct answer. 6th round picks are an longshot. The Pats know this so they draft a QB late darn near every year. Only takes one lucky pick to uncover what every team covets.

ddh33

Reaction score
Sure...but don't force it. There's no reason to reach. If something is there, you might do it. Otherwise, just wait.