Should we have drafted Shawne Merriman?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Since it seems to be a boring news day, I'd thought I'd throw this question out here... I don't think it's been asked before.

;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bigbadroy said:
not the right time for this thread

Actually I think it was good timing.

His intentions were good and nothing bad should come of it.

Or better yet...

Turn on your sarcasm meter.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Since it seems to be a boring news day, I'd thought I'd throw this question out here... I don't think it's been asked before.

;)

Hell is coming for you, my friend... no time in Purgatory for you!

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I think the real question here is, "When are we going to start Drew Henson?"

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Danny White said:

;)

no but we should have drafted byron leftwich because newman cant cover or tackle!!!!

I am joking of course..

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
I think the real question here is, "When are we going to start Drew Henson?"

He has to beat out Q and Hutch first.:p:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Hell is coming for you, my friend... no time in Purgatory for you!

LOL......

That would have been a perfect spot for a nice pic of Kurt Russell and a Tombstone-isam.

Missed opportunity right there Trick.

:laugh2:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
LOL......

That would have been a perfect spot for a nice pic of Kurt Russell and a Tombstone-isam.

Missed opportunity right there Trick.

:laugh2:

Oh... it's better than tombstone... I got my info right here...

100_6512_pope_closup.jpg

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...anything useful to the T.O. thread so I might as well do something here.

At this point in time it seems like Merriman has found an impacting niche earlier than Ware. Alot of it seems to be due to his character. Both Parcells and Zimmer made mention in Training camp that they had wished Ware had a meaner streak.

Ware may come into his own, but it seems his ascent may be more gradual than Merriman's. That's unfortunate because we could use Merriman like contributions right now. Also, we have to remember that Merriman has the chip on his shoulder of being passed over by the Cowboys.

It would be sad to see this turn into another Moss affair where we end up drafting a solid and contributing player while the other player's candle burns brighter.

If it comes down to results and to some extent football is a results business Ware is suffering from comparison to Merriman and that in itself makes our choice in the draft suspect.

joseephuss

Reaction score
BP put up a sticky about stopping personal attacks. Therefore I cannot respond to this thread in the manner it truly deserves.

It was hilarious by the way.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
davidyee said:
...anything useful to the T.O. thread so I might as well do something here.

At this point in time it seems like Merriman has found an impacting niche earlier than Ware. Alot of it seems to be due to his character. Both Parcells and Zimmer made mention in Training camp that they had wished Ware had a meaner streak.

Ware may come into his own, but it seems his ascent may be more gradual than Merriman's. That's unfortunate because we could use Merriman like contributions right now. Also, we have to remember that Merriman has the chip on his shoulder of being passed over by the Cowboys.

It would be sad to see this turn into another Moss affair where we end up drafting a solid and contributing player while the other player's candle burns brighter.

If it comes down to results and to some extent football is a results business Ware is suffering from comparison to Merriman and that in itself makes our choice in the draft suspect.
:splat: