Should We Have Traded Scott Shanle?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
smarta5150;1375621 said:
Yes.

What did Shanle do anyway to even consider questioning the trade?

Made more tackles than any Cowboy this season? He also added 4 sacks. He obviously was pretty spare here but in NO he did a bang up job for them.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
jterrell;1375640 said:
Made more tackles than any Cowboy this season? He also added 4 sacks. He obviously was pretty spare here but in NO he did a bang up job for them.

So that means he would have lead the team in tackles on our team?

And do you honestly think he would have had 4 or more sacks this year considering zero LBs on our team, with the exception of Ware and Ellis (4.5 - Not to mention if he stayed injury free Shanle would not have seen the field), had 4 sacks or more?

I love how everyone is a genius after the facts are all laid out on the table.

Did you or anyone else who are now questioning the trade voice this same opinion when we actually traded Shanle?

Another fact is that we have plenty of LBers on the team and some of the younger ones already struggle to see the field.

The future of the LB core rest in the hands of Carp, Akin, Ware, Burnett and hopfully NOT Bradie James (possibly Ellis depending on health and I wouldnt be surprised if we draft another tweener).

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
smarta5150;1375641 said:
So that means he would have lead the team in tackles on our team?

And do you honestly think he would have had 4 or more sacks this year considering zero LBs on our team, with the exception of Ware and Ellis (4.5 - Not to mention if he stayed injury free Shanle would not have seen the field), had 4 sacks or more?

I love how everyone is a genius after the facts are all laid out on the table.

Did you or anyone else who are now questioning the trade voice this same opinion when we actually traded Shanle?

Another fact is that we have plenty of LBers on the team and some of the younger ones already struggle to see the field.

The future of the LB core rest in the hands of Carp, Akin, Ware, Burnett and hopfully NOT Bradie James (possibly Ellis depending on health and I wouldnt be surprised if we draft another tweener).

You asked a question and got an answer.

You don't like the answer so you ask absurd questions.

2 years ago I spoke very highly of Shanle. A couple more did, most notably Nors, but that may have been pure schtick, it was hard to tell at times.

I have only post 1000 times on this board I woulda kept Shanle and let loose Singleton.

Again, just as a recap I think Shanle is a very good special teamer and coverage backer.

What did we lack from our LB's this year???? Perhaps Coverage????

I suspect Shanle would have been effective enough here to offer more than a 7th round pick in return. However, we were set to release him so anything you got was a bonus. But, yes, I do believe it was a personnel mistake even if a minimal one.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I thought there would of been a bigger up roar over Fujita honestly.

He seemed to be a lot more productive as an all-around LB.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think Adam posted a stat one time that showed not only his tackle, but the average gain after he tackled the player.

It was something like 5-6 yards.

gohim.jpg

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1375667 said:
I think Adam posted a stat one time that showed not only his tackle, but the average gain after he tackled the player.

It was something like 5-6 yards.

gohim.jpg

sounds like bradie james

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
smarta5150;1375669 said:
sounds like bradie james

Meh - at least Bradie James is decent against the run.

The arguments about Shanle used to be epic.

I have yet to figure out what anyone ever saw in either of these players - I have been unimpressed with James since...forever. I took flak the early part of this season when I brought up his play and asked what was so great about him.

The truth is, we haven't had decent MLB play since we lost Dat.

And to think that people at one time underrated Dat Nguyen. Grass is always greener.

Kinda like Ellis.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
dargonking999;1375292 said:
So is there a limit to the amount of stupid threads you can start, before being banned?

and can we make one :)
Why's this a "stupid" thread, ace? What have I ever done to get "banned"? Igno.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1375588 said:
Shanle and Fujita were in so many plays in the playoffs. They were in constant motion.
Hindsight is great.
Bradie James is not.
Great point, kind of why I brought this up.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1375596 said:
One of the great things about The Zone is that you can have you say.
If it is a stupid threat don't read it. If it is offensive, the mods will attend to it.
Why do so many self-appointed arbiters of what is good and what is stupid want to impose their views on the number or quality of posts?
Seems to me that, if you are offended on any level here, do what you do when you don't like a TV program. Turn it off, Blutto. Simple.

Don't hate free speech, no matter how insipid you think.

:eek:
Yes, the board contains quite a few self proclaimed "experts". LOL. The rest of us are merely dummies. Right.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
gimmesix;1375600 said:
So, which LB should we have gotten rid of instead?

For those who might answer Bradie James ... no one would have thought that before this season began to wind down.

Maybe a case could be made for Ryan Fowler, but Fowler's a better special-teams player, and that's all Shanle would have done here, played on special teams.
Fowler's a good hard nosed player. he's a keeper.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;1375636 said:
I liked Shanle.

He was a quick guy who read plays well. He is not overly physical and thus his downfall in Parcells mind and defense.

BUT, when you have the LB coach go to another team and pick up your LBs that indicates they were pretty good.

Shanle had an excellent season in NO and took what was a joke of an Lb corps made them quite respectable. He lead the team in tackles with Fujita right behind and no one else even close.

Should we have traded him???
It depends on your view of things. I say we should have traded Al Singleton if we felt we needed to lose one LB.

I believe Singleton would have fetched more than a 7th; maybe a 5th or so.
And I firmly believe he is not on the opening day roster. He is no more of a 3-4 fit than Shanle and is a much lesser special teams player.

Singleton is solid and deserved a chance to start somewhere and he wins down his career.
Shanle is better than Singleton.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
If it is a stupid threat don't read it. If it is offensive, the mods will attend to it.
Why do so many self-appointed arbiters of what is good and what is stupid want to impose their views on the number or quality of posts?
Seems to me that, if you are offended on any level here, do what you do when you don't like a TV program. Turn it off, Blutto. Simple.

Lmao Free Speech?

My friend Speech is not free, not matter what way you cut it.

And Im not saying stop all stupid threads, but when one person constantly makes the smae stupid threads, saying the same things, does the bent on only cause trouble, and havoic in thezone, then it becomes a problem. But go ahead continue feeding me that BS. Since you are one of them

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Look at that trolls post history ....... there is a limit on how much stupidity most of us will take .....

We prolly over react to him now ...... but he brought it on himself