Should we put a "spy" on Jackson? Makes sense

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is there anyone in particular we should use to spy on Jackson to keep him from having a world breaking game against us. Well COogi why are you asking this, duh it makes sense. Who would you think would fit best, OR should we use several guys to do this??? Guys that come to mind: Overshown, Bell, Micah! Please give your thoughts on who we could use, and will it be effective in slowing him down!

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spy-games-with-lamar-or-something-like-that

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think its almost a given Overshown needs to be the guy to do it on most plays. Using Micah to spy a player is a waste of his talents IMO.
How so, with his speed, I think he'd be a great candidate than just having him play rush the QB all day and miss from the DE spot. I hear your concerns

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
How so, with his speed, I think he'd be a great candidate than just having him play rush the QB all day and miss from the DE spot. I hear your concerns
Baltimore has a pretty bad RT, I'd use Micah to exploit that on most passing downs. If Baltimore wants to slow Micah down force them to use one of their TEs to help block so they lose a receiver.

shabazz

Reaction score
The idea of a spy against a running quarterback is usually a sound idea IF the rest of the defense is holding their own in their assignments.

This defense will most likely not have that luxury against an offense like this one coming.

I don't care if the ghost of Buddy Ryan schemes up the defense for us because you have to beat the man if front of you and when your defensive line gets blown up and the Lbs get rag-dolled, the scheme no longer matters

Forget the spy and simply don't let the man in front of you dominate

CCBoy

Reaction score
61.2 average per game by Jackson The box area for Dallas this game is all important. It has to be in your face aggressive as described.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Baltimore has a pretty bad RT, I'd use Micah to exploit that on most passing downs. If Baltimore wants to slow Micah down force them to use one of their TEs to help block so they lose a receiver.
Yeah sir i'm not even buying that team has a bad RT thing etc etc, all they have to do is scheme right and you'll never know. Guys aren't taking advantage of these backup players being in the game

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The idea of a spy against a running quarterback is usually a sound idea IF the rest of the defense is holding their own in their assignments.

This defense will most likely not have that luxury against an offense like this one coming.

I don't care if the ghost of Buddy Ryan schemes up the defense for us because you have to beat the man if front of you and when your defensive line gets blown up and the Lbs get rag-dolled, the scheme no longer matters

There's absolutely nothing to say to this post, except you need to go into analyzing or coaching!!!!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
Force Lamar to pass the ball. People blow smoke up his backside, I don't think he's that good. Put a spy on him, and commit to stopping the run. I saw the Dolphins do that a few years ago and he had no answer. Lamar is an average pocket passer.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Alvin Kamara in particular had a huge outing against the Cowboys last week. On his own he rushed for 115 total yards and three touchdowns on just 20 carries and also added 65 yards receiving and one TD through the air. The way he dominated the Cowboys on the ground is probably something Baltimore Ravens RB Derrick Henry is looking to replicate in Week 3.

Henry is still one of the better running backs in the entire league right now. He may not be off to the best start of his career after joining the Baltimore Ravens this offseason via free agency, but make no mistake, he is dangerous as a runner and is probably looking forward to playing against Dallas' suspect run defense.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ry-baltimore-ravens-lamar-jackson-mike-zimmer

Henry has to be shut down for the spy to be strong as well.