Should we put a "spy" on Jackson? Makes sense

shabazz

Reaction score
Alvin Kamara in particular had a huge outing against the Cowboys last week. On his own he rushed for 115 total yards and three touchdowns on just 20 carries and also added 65 yards receiving and one TD through the air. The way he dominated the Cowboys on the ground is probably something Baltimore Ravens RB Derrick Henry is looking to replicate in Week 3.

Henry is still one of the better running backs in the entire league right now. He may not be off to the best start of his career after joining the Baltimore Ravens this offseason via free agency, but make no mistake, he is dangerous as a runner and is probably looking forward to playing against Dallas' suspect run defense.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ry-baltimore-ravens-lamar-jackson-mike-zimmer

Henry has to be shut down for the spy to be strong as well.
Agree......it all starts and ends with our interior defensive line

Either they will show up or not......it's prove it week.....yet again

gtb1943

Reaction score
Agree......it all starts and ends with our interior defensive line

Either they will show up or not......it's prove it week.....yet again
I don't think they have the physical ability to do what is needed

Certainly they can play better than the last game but I do not think they will be able to make that much difference
Against the saints I saw the worst DL play I can ever remember from this team. That is why I do not rag on the LBs much for that game because they had the O line IN THEIR FACE virtually every single down

75boyz

Reaction score
It's kinda obvious Zimmer somehow needs to crowd the LOS/stack the box and take his chances with Lamar throwing the ball. If that includes spying Jackson, so be it.

Easier said than done with what our current defensive line put on film last week but if the Lamar Jackson/Derrick Henry rush duo is not at least contained to a reasonable standard, we may get blown out again.

I know, real Captain Obvious stuff I'm telling here.

Oh yeah and It would be really cool if the offense scored more than field goals too.

Cowboys!

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
This SHOULD have been what was done with Kamara and Jones (playoffs) so... duh yeah.... it makes the movement useless...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Is there anyone in particular we should use to spy on Jackson to keep him from having a world breaking game against us. Well COogi why are you asking this, duh it makes sense. Who would you think would fit best, OR should we use several guys to do this??? Guys that come to mind: Overshown, Bell, Micah! Please give your thoughts on who we could use, and will it be effective in slowing him down!

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spy-games-with-lamar-or-something-like-that
Nobody on this defense is fast or elusive enough to stop Jackson. He’s a physical, elusive, and fast guy. Our players are slow and hardly analytical enough to combat that level of play.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Is there anyone in particular we should use to spy on Jackson to keep him from having a world breaking game against us. Well COogi why are you asking this, duh it makes sense. Who would you think would fit best, OR should we use several guys to do this??? Guys that come to mind: Overshown, Bell, Micah! Please give your thoughts on who we could use, and will it be effective in slowing him down!

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spy-games-with-lamar-or-something-like-that
Dear lad, do you suppose that this is the first time a team, coach or fan has suggested we use a spy on Lamar?
Me belief is that every team that plays the Ravens has used a spy on Lamar.
The trouble is teams get distracted by Henry or a Ravens WR and it is back to Lamar freelancing and doing what he pleases.
As the clìché goes, you canna stop the lad, you can only contain him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we win the toss, we have to take the ball. We can’t afford to defer and have Baltimore jump on us early. If we get down by more than a score, we’re probably done. Our offense hasn’t been clicking, and we certainly can’t depend on our defense to make critical stops, especially against Lamar Jackson.

erod

Reaction score
Won't work.

The Ravens have been the best running team in the NFL for years, and not because of just Jackson. They are a physical and violent team at the line is scrimmage.

They play action constantly as well. That takes care of your spy.

You have to win the line of scrimmage, or it'll look just like last week.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I think its almost a given Overshown needs to be the guy to do it on most plays. Using Micah to spy a player is a waste of his talents IMO.
What are his talents? Sticking to blockers like glue? Doing the moonwalk against any sweep play coming his direction? Not using condoms?

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Force Lamar to pass the ball. People blow smoke up his backside, I don't think he's that good. Put a spy on him, and commit to stopping the run. I saw the Dolphins do that a few years ago and he had no answer. Lamar is an average pocket passer.
That is the key to Dallas winning this football game.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The Ravens could probably run the wishbone offense against Dallas today and have great success. They have the players to pull it off including a QB that would be perfect in a wishbone with some good RBs.