Should we sign Jason Peters?

Sydla

Reaction score
You are seeing the fatal flaws of Jerry and Stephen on display this offseason. They simply overvalue their own guys largely because they picked/signed them and as such, it's hard for them to admit that they have a hole created by their own decision making.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You are seeing the fatal flaws of Jerry and Stephen on display this offseason. They simply overvalue their own guys largely because they picked/signed them and as such, it's hard for them to admit that they have a hole created by their own decision making.

As much as I want us to succeed, part of me thinks a poor season with a horrid record might be deserved for the FO to learn that they must do more in FA as well as the draft.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
On a 1 year deal to play swing tackle. Old as dirt,...still mean as hell. He wants another shot at a ring. Bring him in on some of those heavy packages lined up at T.E as a blocker on some of those 3rd and ones. Guy can STILL play,...be our swing.
not winning a ring here. No, he is done. 7-10 season

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
No. Gets injured too often. Even in games he finished, he often was pulled from games due to injury and had to rest. I watched it up here in Philly for his last three years. He is just like our LT. Sure-fire HoFer, but injury-prone and in reality should just call it a day. We ***** about Tyron? Hell, take it up a notch with Peters.

conner01

Reaction score
Just read an article where he said he was open to playing a role.
He also said the only reason he played last year was loyalty to a former coach and he was the starter
I don’t see him coming back
I’d love a proven swing tackle but if we don’t get the penalties fixed it’s not gonna matter who’s on the roster

conner01

Reaction score
Wasn't bad but he's just playing on reputation. Nothing special at this point
He played pretty solid last year
Not what he once was but all he needs to be is better than what we have
I don’t see it happening though for a couple reasons
I don’t think he’s coming back and I think they aren’t sure they don’t have a guy on the roster who can do the job
That could change as camp goes on but the only way to know is put them on the field and see what they can do

John813

Reaction score
IMO
1. He's done and hasn't filed the papers yet.
2. Wants to skip TC completely at this stage
3. Waiting for a team to lose a starting LT so he can get the most amount of money.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Yep.....nobody out there thats better either. Would I want to sign him as a starter? Nope,...too old. But as a swing guy that can bring some much needed toughness , start in a pinch, and come in on certain heavy packages? Heck yeah. Absolutely perfect for what we need him for THIS year.

He would be the best swing tackle on this team for sure. It's a big need and it makes sense so the Jones boys will pass.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A question is, would he be willing to accept the role of swing tackle, and the pay level that goes with it

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a 1 year deal to play swing tackle. Old as dirt,...still mean as hell. He wants another shot at a ring. Bring him in on some of those heavy packages lined up at T.E as a blocker on some of those 3rd and ones. Guy can STILL play,...be our swing.
Old fat guys are the type that need to be with a team in the off-season in order to be in reasonable condition.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I can hear Jerry laughing at that question almost as hard as Antonio Brown wanting him call.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

No the answer is on the roster. Issac Alarcon!