Should we start a petition regarding Ezekiel suspension, NFL wavering on Eli Manning, Giants Jerseys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Even if the NFL doesn't suspend Zeke I'd applaud the Cowboys to hold Zeke out of the first game.

haleyrules

Reaction score
The Executive committee would need 3/4's or 20 of the 32 team representatives to remove the commissioner.

And remember the commissioner like all employed with the NFL are subject to the Personal Conduct Policy.
Let me use my calculator!! 75% of 32 is 24. It would take 24 of 32 owners to sack Goodell? Is that factually correct? Would not be an easy task in that case.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Let me use my calculator!! 75% of 32 is 24. It would take 24 of 32 owners to sack Goodell? Is that factually correct? Would not be an easy task in that case.
By laws state 3/4 or at least 20 team representatives whichever is greater.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Could be but I'm not so sure NY has upgraded more than we have?
The only question l have about the Cowboys is how well will the defense play...especially early in the season. The Giants have a defensive advantage at this point. The Cowboy offense is solid and set. The division will be a dogfight between Dallas and New York.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only question l have about the Cowboys is how well will the defense play...especially early in the season. The Giants have a defensive advantage at this point. The Cowboy offense is solid and set. The division will be a dogfight between Dallas and New York.
Have they upgraded their offense more than our defense?

And will our defense be more vulnerable to their offense than our offense can dominate their defense?

Until further evidence I'd tend to lean towards their defense having a better shot at slowing our offense than our defense slowing their offense.

Advantage NY but it's why we play the games.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Have they upgraded their offense more than our defense?

And will our defense be more vulnerable to their offense than our offense can dominate their defense?

Until further evidence I'd tend to lean towards their defense having a better shot at slowing our offense than our defense slowing their offense.

Advantage NY but it's why we play the games.
On paper they've upgraded their offense by adding a blocking FB/TE in Ellison but he is also injury prone. Their running game will be mediocre at best with Perkins as their starter. Their passing attack scares the hell out of me with OBJ, Shepherd, Marshall and that fast TE/Receiver hybrid they drafted in the first round.

But guess what? It doesn't matter because they did absolutely nothing to address their O line and I expect our defense to look like pro bowlers against them. They were in the bottom 5 statistically across several offensive categories last year and without addressing the O line I don't see it being much different.

Their coach sucks too, even a lot of Giants fans can't stand his play calling and other coaches across the league have even mentioned how essy it is to game plan against them.

Defensively, better watch out. They lost one starter on the D line but just like Dak and Zeke being "new" in their first game, so was their defense. Most of them hadn't played with each other and were new under Spags system which is allegedly pretty complicated. They really didn't start coming together until the 2nd half of last year.

Regardless, I think our juggernaut of an offense matches up well with them and we'll be more fired up and po'd after losing to them twice last year. I'm guessing it will be another nail biter that comes down to a FG and/or a turnover or two.

Bailey has a good chance at being our MVP in that game.