Should we trade David Irving?

KingRah

Reaction score
He's a pro bowl talent when he plays. he can challenge a Donald if he plays 16 games, but he misses games. If he doesn't play this week now that his suspension is over, why keep him? trade him and see if we can get a 2nd or a star wr. There's no reason for him to not play this week.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
The only problem is teams just don’t give up draft picks much anymore for players with issues. I would love to get a 2nd, and that was the tender I would have put on him and been happy to have gotten it.

KingRah

Reaction score
The only problem is teams just don’t give up draft picks much anymore for players with issues. I would love to get a 2nd, and that was the tender I would have put on him and been happy to have gotten it.
They owe it to the fans to at least test the waters. Maybe they can get a Cooper. Maybe NE gives up a 1st for a disruptive dt this year. imagine their defense with him.
Im not saying this because I want him to leave, but if he's missing games, try it.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
He's a pro bowl talent when he plays. he can challenge a Donald if he plays 16 games, but he misses games. If he doesn't play this week now that his suspension is over, why keep him? trade him and see if we can get a 2nd or a star wr. There's no reason for him to not play this week.
Have you ever witnessed one of Jerry's trades?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In what world is he worth a 2nd round pick?

Additionally, he is dealing with personal issues. There is a huge reason for him not to play.

He's looked good in practice and when he is ready he will play.

JustChip

Reaction score
They put a 2nd round tender on him and nobody poached him for that. Why would they trade a 2nd now? I think you'd be lucky to get a 7th, maybe 6th round pick. There just isn't any value. A good GM might be able to do some kind of conditional pick like a 7th that escalates based on number of games, plays, sacks, etc.