Should we trade for Martavious Bryant?

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Hmm, Not a straight up 4th. We do have a comp 4 if we're to offer it as a conditional pick. But, a 4th round pick can be very useful as our team has demonstrated.
He has pro bowl or even all pro talent. Plus he’s proven. He’s 6’4 and runs 4.3. I’d trade a 4th and consider it a heist for us.

jay94

Reaction score
He would be a talent upgrade, but what would he cost and do we want more issues.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He has pro bowl or even all pro talent. Plus he’s proven. He’s 6’4 and runs 4.3. I’d trade a 4th and consider it a heist for us.

Well, I suppose that could work. I just want to be careful about how high we go with the picks. I'd be wary of a 4th, but, I could concede the conditional part as you said. I was looking over the roster, and I don't see a lot of players that I'd be willing to part with or that they'd want in return.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Would the Steelers accept conditional 4th that becomes a 6 if he gets suspended? That'd be negotiation I'd make and work to the conditional becoming a 5.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
With this coaching staff, that is an unknown.

Exactly. Every offseason, we get a good chunk of players suspended. What we don't need is more of this suspension stuff spreading to more of our teams. We dig ourselves a huge hole every year with suspensions thinking that the players will learn. Signing him, in my view, is inviting trouble. That's why I'm so wary about giving up a pick for him. If he had few issues, then no problem! I'd trade for him. But, this is a very good WR draft class. I think we could most likely find a good player with minimal downside in the draft if not 2 WRs.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Would the Steelers accept conditional 4th that becomes a 6 if he gets suspended? That'd be negotiation I'd make and work to the conditional becoming a 5.
You’re acting is if the whole world wants the cowboys to win. They’re not going to take a trade just because the cowboys offer it. It has to be something that helps their team. They’d never take a 6 th for a war with all pro talent. They may take the 4 th.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You’re acting is if the whole world wants the cowboys to win. They’re not going to take a trade just because the cowboys offer it. It has to be something that helps their team. They’d never take a 6 th for a war with all pro talent. They may take the 4 th.

I'm not intending it to sound like that. I'm trying to do, as I'm sure you are, what I think is best for our team. I'm simply working out the possible negotiations that could happen before i go with the conditional 4 becoming 5 if suspended. Hopefully, that clears things up.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I'm not intending it to sound like that. I'm trying to do, as I'm sure you are, what I think is best for our team. I'm simply working out the possible negotiations that could happen before i go with the conditional 4 becoming 5 if suspended. Hopefully, that clears things up.
There’s no way they’ll agree to a 6th.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trade Byron straight up. 2 expiring contracts, give both players a fresh start.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's actually exactly what we need on the field.

Big tall WR that can run like the wind.

I'll pass though. You can't depend on this player/

Rayman70

Reaction score
No. The dude is a head case and a diva. Great talent,no doubt...but worth the headache? NO.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Uh know. He’s still young and played well his first 2 years. Give him a chance at corner first.

No. And it's not because I think Byron can't play. It's that Byron's contract is about up amd he will want CB money without any CB skins on the wall. I blame the coaching staff for valueing athletic metrics and wasting Byrons skill but either way he ain't worth a second contract unless he takes a cheap friendly deal.