Should Zeke be released in the offseason?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SF Superbowl run they were RB by committee. Really the only worthwhile investment was Henry.

Ginats have had "committee" RBs as well.

But then neither of these teams were run or coached by the cowboys.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
In there last NCAA matchup....Barkley had a big STs play..and like one other run. Basically sheet the bed on a great team. Zeke kicked his behind.

Aria trotting on Barkley as his golden child tells you how delusional he is.

Yeah it's uncomfortable really because I think Barkley is a great back. I don't really like to denigrate him. I would love him if he were on my team.. but if I was coaching him I would hammer him about taking the 2 yard gain when it's there instead of always trying to hit the home run. You're not outrunning NFL defenses to the edge very often. You may do it once or twice a game when somebody falls down or takes a bad angle... but by and large, when you bounce it in the NFL you're getting dropped for a loss. So you have to ask yourself .. do the one or two big runs I get offset however many negative runs? The Giants' won-loss records say no. They are 5-6 since Barkley went down.. after starting 0-2 with him. Their next win will be their best season since drafting him.. ironically it's coming without him. Coincidence? I think not.. Collectively they are averaging 4.5 ypc on the ground.. Last year they averaged 4.7. Not a huge dropoff.. Where I bet there IS a big dropoff has been negative plays. I bet they have a lot fewer this year.. It's anybody's guess as to why.. maybe their line doesn't stink as bad as some people have been telling us. Last year Barkley was credited with 16 broken tackles.. Which is really good.. Zeke was credited with 24.. which of course in aria's mind means Barkley was better at breaking tackles..

aria

Reaction score
I love it when people use the "if not for" argument so inconsistently
There you go wedging Barkley into the discussion yet again. Are you related to him or something? You keep wanting to harp on Barkley's o-line.. Okay let's analyze..

2018 Giants line..

LT Nate Solder - 7th year 17th overall pick.. multiple Super Bowl champ protecting Brady's blind side
LG Will Hernandez - rookie 34th overall pick .. very solid player.
C - Spencer Pulley - UDFA 3rd year
RG - Jamon Brown - 3rd year 72nd overall pick Rams
RT - Chat Wheeler - UDFA 2nd year

QB? - borderline hall of famer

So that's two FAs, one high dollar first round pick free agent, one second rounder and a third rounder.

Now let's examine what Zeke is working behind..

LT - Knight - UDFA 2nd year
LG - Williams - 3rd year second rounder 50th pick
C - Looney/Biadasz - 4th rounder and 6th rounder.. take your pick.
RG McGovern 2nd year 3rd rounder 90th pick
RT Steele UDFA rookie

QB - borderline UPS drivers.

So Zeke is working behind - two rookies, two UDFAs and one guy taken in the top 50
Barkley toiled behind one rookie, two UDFAs and 2 top 50 picks including a first rounder.

And I stand by my assertion that no back succeeds without a good line. Barkley "succeeded" to the tune of 5-11 and 4-12 then 0-2 this year. Your definition of success clearly differs from mine.

And if you're going to pretend to speak authoritatively on RB draftees you may wish to look up Leonard Fournette.. you know the guy taken 4th overall the year before the Giants took Barkley and the year after the Cowboys took Zeke. You may also want to check on who David Montgomery plays for .. (hint: it's not the Packers.)

You also keep claiming that Barkley 'put up better numbers than Zeke' in 2018. Ummm. Zeke led the NFL in rushing in 2018.. which means that other guy you keep jizz-sippin on didn't. It's not really possible to finish ahead of #1. In your mind 1307 yards in 16 games is "better numbers" than 1434 yards in 15 games. And Zeke only sat out that last game to rest for the playoffs.. Which Barkley has never been in any danger of needing to do. Last year Barkley had 1003 yards and 6 TDs.. Zeke had 1357 and 12 TDs .. Only in your twisted formula is that "better numbers." Here on planet Earth that's 350 yards and 6 TDs behind. And just as a public service I would like to remind you that Barkley is going to finish WAAAAAAY behind Zeke AGAIN.. But somewhere in your mind he's "putting up better numbers" while not even playing..

And yes.. I judge running backs on how they teams are doing.. If fact I judge EVERY player in the context of what he does to help his team win. Zeke is not doing enough to help HIS team win this year so that absolutely enters into my evaluation of him as well. As I have stated many times, he's having a crappy year.. If Barkley was playing and leading the Giants to a better year than the Cowboys are having doing what he do, then I would consider him as having a better year.. Just as Cook and Henry and a few others are having better seasons than Zeke. So they are better RIGHT NOW. The fallacy you insert into the argument is that I am somehow of the mind that there is only one great back (Zeke) and all the rest are somehow dismissed. You have it completely backwards.. As an ex running back I absolutely LOVE about 20 guys playing in the league at any given time. I love Aaron Jones.. I love Robinson.. I loved Henry coming out of college. I grew up in Florida and have followed both him and Dalvin Cook since high school. I watched pretty much every snap of Cook's college career. I loved Todd Gurley but after two knee surgeries in college I knew he would have a short run as an elite back. I love Alfred Morris.. dude just knows how to tote the rock. I love Raheem Mostert.. he's the best one-cut speed back in the game. I shudder to think what he might do to our defense. I love the Dobbins kid in Baltimore.. I love Ronald Jones .. I love Clyde Edwards-Helare.. a guy my size tearing it up in the NFL is always fun to watch! And yes.. I even love Barkley.. I love his skillset.. I just think he needs to fix his mindset.. As long as he's bouncing it outside all the time he's always going to be leaving his team in 2nd and long and they will never win consistently with him doing that. He has to learn that sometimes a 3 yard gain is the best thing he can do for his team. . There is nothing I would rather watch in football than a good running back doing his thing. I am able to appreciate each of them for what they bring to the table. If any of the guys above were on my team I'd be rooting for them. Zeke is my favorite for no other reason than he plays for my team. I don't need another reason. If that bothers you.. sue me.
I’ll keep this simple, it’s a joke that you’re evaluating an O line where a player was drafted. That is so absurd I don’t even know what to tell you other than where they were drafted or who they played for or how they did the year before is completely irrelevant.

Solder has been consistently graded as one of the worst tackles in the league for at least half of each season he’s played for the Giants. IIRC, he gave up more pressures and sacks last year than any other LT. He’s widely criticized as being one of the worst contracts in Giants history. Just imagine paying the most money ever for a position only to have that player turn out to be average to below average. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it. Based on that horrible logic of yours, once again, I guess that means Barkley is a better RB than zeke because he was drafted higher.

What’s next, you’re going to tell me Ereck Flowers was a great LT because he was drafted 10th? I guess that’s why they paid Solder so much to replace him with? How’s their 4th overall pick at LT doing this year? He’s the universal laggard out of the 4 LT’s taken in the same draft but based on your logic he’s the best and a great player because of where he was drafted.

Every single stat had the Giants run blocking line ranked as one of the worst in 2018 but you don’t believe in stats unless they support your argument so now you’re reverting to draft position, who they played for, etc.

Hernandez is basically considered a bust at this point, they have a rookie with a 10.0 PFF grade in pass protection last week taking more snaps then he is.

Pulley and Brown didn’t even play a full season with the Giants and both were released by other teams prior to joining the Giants. Brown was later replaced and isn’t playing for anyone.

Wheeler was waived after 2018 and went to the Seahawks practice squad.

Hell of a line there.

Again, who cares about TD’s?! That’s strictly a result of play calling and other personnel on the team. Even when zeke had a horrible year with TD’s, I never brought it up as a negative. You bring up total rushing yards again but not total carries which go hand in hand. You didn’t mention how Barkley averaged 5.0 ypc and zeke 4.7, way to cherry pick.

You also conveniently left out all purpose yards. Why don’t you tell me who the more complete back is, the guy with more or less yards from scrimmage? Hint: it wasn’t zeke so that leaves you one option.

I do disagree that you can judge a RB, or any player, solely on how their overall team is doing. Dallas has one of the worst defenses in the league. No RB is going to be able to overcome that or win those games by themselves, that shouldn’t be a poor reflection on the RB. Jones led the league in turnovers last year and has lost more fumbles than any other player this year IIRC, no RB is going to overcome that and carry a team to more W’s when the QB is turning it over that much. That shouldn’t be a poor reflection on the RB.

I’m glad you love a lot of RB’s as do I and I told you why I use Barkley as a comparison to zeke.

aria

Reaction score
Yeah it's uncomfortable really because I think Barkley is a great back. I don't really like to denigrate him. I would love him if he were on my team.. but if I was coaching him I would hammer him about taking the 2 yard gain when it's there instead of always trying to hit the home run. You're not outrunning NFL defenses to the edge very often. You may do it once or twice a game when somebody falls down or takes a bad angle... but by and large, when you bounce it in the NFL you're getting dropped for a loss. So you have to ask yourself .. do the one or two big runs I get offset however many negative runs? The Giants' won-loss records say no. They are 5-6 since Barkley went down.. after starting 0-2 with him. Their next win will be their best season since drafting him.. ironically it's coming without him. Coincidence? I think not.. Collectively they are averaging 4.5 ypc on the ground.. Last year they averaged 4.7. Not a huge dropoff.. Where I bet there IS a big dropoff has been negative plays. I bet they have a lot fewer this year.. It's anybody's guess as to why.. maybe their line doesn't stink as bad as some people have been telling us. Last year Barkley was credited with 16 broken tackles.. Which is really good.. Zeke was credited with 24.. which of course in aria's mind means Barkley was better at breaking tackles..
Absolutely horrible analysis. Their defense went from one of the worst on the league to top 10 over the past year, their QB led the league in turnovers last year and their offense is dead last in the league.

Think that has anything to do with wins and losses? Nope, not according to you it doesn’t. According to you it’s because Barkley’s back ups are doing better then he would have. Unbelievable.

Barkley does have a tendency to not hit holes fast enough but it’s completely over exaggerated. When there’s no room to run he tries to create room by making people miss whereas zeke just goes down for a 2 yard gain. If Barkley had the open holes zeke has had for his first 4 years then I guarantee he would have put up better stats than zeke due to his speed and elusiveness which zeke hasn’t had since 2016.

Cherry picking, deceiving Ronnie strikes again! You mention the amount of broken tackles but not the amount of carries. Do you think the fact that zeke had almost 100 more rushes because Barkley didn’t play 3 games and was injured most of the season had any correlation to zeke having more broken tackles?

BTW, several other RB’s had more broken tackles than zeke, I thought he demanded to be paid as the best, why is he not even in the top 5-10 in several statistical categories?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I’ll keep this simple, it’s a joke that you’re evaluating an O line where a player was drafted. That is so absurd I don’t even know what to tell you other than where they were drafted or who they played for or how they did the year before is completely irrelevant.

Solder has been consistently graded as one of the worst tackles in the league for at least half of each season he’s played for the Giants. IIRC, he gave up more pressures and sacks last year than any other LT. He’s widely criticized as being one of the worst contracts in Giants history. Just imagine paying the most money ever for a position only to have that player turn out to be average to below average. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it. Based on that horrible logic of yours, once again, I guess that means Barkley is a better RB than zeke because he was drafted higher.

If that's the logic you wanna use then run with it. I don't follow the Giants and have no interest in which of their contracts is considered bad or good.

What’s next, you’re going to tell me Ereck Flowers was a great LT because he was drafted 10th? I guess that’s why they paid Solder so much to replace him with? How’s their 4th overall pick at LT doing this year? He’s the universal laggard out of the 4 LT’s taken in the same draft but based on your logic he’s the best and a great player because of where he was drafted.

Every single stat had the Giants run blocking line ranked as one of the worst in 2018 but you don’t believe in stats unless they support your argument so now you’re reverting to draft position, who they played for, etc.

I have made it clear to you that no source outside of the coaches evaluations can be trusted on offensive line "stats" and I have explained to you why. If you want to keep using PFF or PFT or some internet wannabe youtube expert you can go ahead. I know for a fact that none of them has a playbook in their hands when they watch the games and as such none of them knows a guy's assignment on a given play which tells me all they're doing when they are "grading" is guessing.. I can GUESS for myself.

Hernandez is basically considered a bust at this point, they have a rookie with a 10.0 PFF grade in pass protection last week taking more snaps then he is.

Pulley and Brown didn’t even play a full season with the Giants and both were released by other teams prior to joining the Giants. Brown was later replaced and isn’t playing for anyone.

Wheeler was waived after 2018 and went to the Seahawks practice squad.

Hell of a line there.

Again, who cares about TD’s?! That’s strictly a result of play calling and other personnel on the team. Even when zeke had a horrible year with TD’s, I never brought it up as a negative. You bring up total rushing yards again but not total carries which go hand in hand. You didn’t mention how Barkley averaged 5.0 ypc and zeke 4.7, way to cherry pick.

You also conveniently left out all purpose yards. Why don’t you tell me who the more complete back is, the guy with more or less yards from scrimmage? Hint: it wasn’t zeke so that leaves you one option.

So you care about "long runs" and "splash plays" but you don't care about TDs? Noted.. Great.. Barkley had more all-purpose yards.. by what 30-40 yards? ONCE.. Zeke had more total yards last year.. and (ssshhh) I think he's gonna win this year too.. So if we're going to use that measuring stick.. Zeke is leading 2-1. And I know you don't care about TDs but over the last three seasons Barkley has 23 TDs.. while Zeke has 29.. So Barkley's numbers are clearly better.. <~~~~ using aria's reverse polish notation math.

I do disagree that you can judge a RB, or any player, solely on how their overall team is doing. Dallas has one of the worst defenses in the league. No RB is going to be able to overcome that or win those games by themselves, that shouldn’t be a poor reflection on the RB. Jones led the league in turnovers last year and has lost more fumbles than any other player this year IIRC, no RB is going to overcome that and carry a team to more W’s when the QB is turning it over that much. That shouldn’t be a poor reflection on the RB.

I’m glad you love a lot of RB’s as do I and I told you why I use Barkley as a comparison to zeke.

Dak led the league in fumbles in 2018.. while Zeke was leading the NFL in rushing.. Just throwing that out there..

aria

Reaction score
If that's the logic you wanna use then run with it. I don't follow the Giants and have no interest in which of their contracts is considered bad or good.

I have made it clear to you that no source outside of the coaches evaluations can be trusted on offensive line "stats" and I have explained to you why. If you want to keep using PFF or PFT or some internet wannabe youtube expert you can go ahead. I know for a fact that none of them has a playbook in their hands when they watch the games and as such none of them knows a guy's assignment on a given play which tells me all they're doing when they are "grading" is guessing.. I can GUESS for myself.

So you care about "long runs" and "splash plays" but you don't care about TDs? Noted.. Great.. Barkley had more all-purpose yards.. by what 30-40 yards? ONCE.. Zeke had more total yards last year.. and (ssshhh) I think he's gonna win this year too.. So if we're going to use that measuring stick.. Zeke is leading 2-1. And I know you don't care about TDs but over the last three seasons Barkley has 23 TDs.. while Zeke has 29.. So Barkley's numbers are clearly better.. <~~~~ using aria's reverse polish notation math.

Dak led the league in fumbles in 2018.. while Zeke was leading the NFL in rushing.. Just throwing that out there..
It’s funny that you used the Giants players contracts, draft slots, etc to declare how well they played without having watched them and then you reply that you don’t follow the Giants and have no interest in how good or bad their contracts are. That seems odd to tell me how much better their O line was than what zeke has when you admitted all of that.

You didn’t have to use stats to see how bad that O line was? Did you watch the first MNF year with the Giants vs Steelers? Did you need stats to tell you how bad that O line was and how much better even our depleted O line is compared to that? I didn’t need stats but they sure confirmed what my, and the rest of the nations, eyes saw.

Yeah, I don’t care about TD’s and you will never see me use it to defend Barkley or any RB unless someone else brings up trying to make an argument. How many times did the Cowboys have one fo the highest scoring offenses since zeke has been here, and before? Most of that was due to the O line, QB play, WR’s and last but not least, RB’s. Do you think Barkley had the same amount of chances to score a TD behind one of the worst offenses in the league due to the O line, QB, lack of receivers, etc? There are so many variables with TD’s, it’s a worthless measuring stick.

Zeke had more total yards last year because he played more games. Who had the higher ypc? Who was playing on a high ankle sprain that would sideline most RB’s yet still got over 1,000 yards? Who still had a top 5 run blocking line last year (not Barkley, nowhere close).

Wrong again Ronnie! Just throwing this out there. Several QB’s tied for the most fumbles in 2018, one of which was Dak, and 3 other QB’s also beat Dak in fumbles lost.

Even if you’re trying to compare Jones vs Dak since I said Jones led the league in turnovers, there is a huge discrepancy but you failed to acknowledge that as usual. When you claim Dak led the league in fumbles (which he didn’t) he fumbled 12 times and lost it 6. When I said Jones led the league in fumbles, he fumbled it 18 times and lost 11. Do I need to do the math for you or can you see that Jones fumbled it 1/3rd more times than Dak and he lost the ball almost twice as many times. I mean you’ve told us 100 times how you played football, surely you can see how much harder it would be for one team to win compared to other, right?

Further, in 2018 Dak threw 8 INT’s, Jones threw 12 (2019). Again, Jones beat Dak by a 1/3rd more INT’s. So to sum it up, in 2018 Dak had a total of 14 turnovers, and in 2019 Jones had a total of 23 turnovers. Jones turned it over 9 more times than Dak did but you want to act like the two are similar and both teams had to overcome the same amount of turnovers (amongst many other things).

Lol, keep it up Ronnie, you just make yourself look better and better.

Last edited:

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
:huh: McCaffery & Kamara are paid higher than Ewok. They're not declining & neither is Gurley.

Nor was Emmitt. Had Jerry not paid him what he wanted, I'd doubt very highly Dallas would have 3 rings.

McCaffery.
59 carries
225 yards
3.8 average

kamara
154 carries
723 yards
4.7 average

Gurley
181 carries
645 yards
3.6. Average

kamara is 17th in the league in rushing Gurley 22 and McCaffery didn’t even make the list.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
McCaffery.
59 carries
225 yards
3.8 average

kamara
154 carries
723 yards
4.7 average

Gurley
181 carries
645 yards
3.6. Average

kamara is 17th in the league in rushing Gurley 22 and McCaffery didn’t even make the list.

LOL.. I didn't even bother to look at these guys because I knew he was wrong.. Thanks for shining the light on it.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
There have been a lot of mistakes made by Jones in recent years. From signing Elliott to a huge extension, hiring McCarthy & not paying Prescott. In the end, all three will prove costly in 2021. BOOM!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Absolutely horrible analysis. Their defense went from one of the worst on the league to top 10 over the past year, their QB led the league in turnovers last year and their offense is dead last in the league.

Think that has anything to do with wins and losses? Nope, not according to you it doesn’t. According to you it’s because Barkley’s back ups are doing better then he would have. Unbelievable.

Barkley does have a tendency to not hit holes fast enough but it’s completely over exaggerated. When there’s no room to run he tries to create room by making people miss whereas zeke just goes down for a 2 yard gain. If Barkley had the open holes zeke has had for his first 4 years then I guarantee he would have put up better stats than zeke due to his speed and elusiveness which zeke hasn’t had since 2016.

Cherry picking, deceiving Ronnie strikes again! You mention the amount of broken tackles but not the amount of carries. Do you think the fact that zeke had almost 100 more rushes because Barkley didn’t play 3 games and was injured most of the season had any correlation to zeke having more broken tackles?

BTW, several other RB’s had more broken tackles than zeke, I thought he demanded to be paid as the best, why is he not even in the top 5-10 in several statistical categories?

So again I'm supposed to award points for missing games? To hell with that. Show up for work then we can talk. If you miss a game you get a zero grade for that game. You wanna play the woulda coulda shoulda game play it with someone else. Zeke did more because he showed up for work more. I am not the one to ding him for that and say some other guy "woulda done better" but he had his period and couldn't play.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You should consider cap complications before asking for things.
Yes,, the issue isnt with Zeke, the issue is much higher in the pecking order.
The issue is a fundamental failure from the top brass...
Fish rots from the head down.
Design flaw, total restructure of roster, cap rules dictate, esp with this team and the glaring holes everywhere.
Sorry if I come across as somewhat dismal in my appraisal, but this roster this team, can not support super hero bling with huge cap hits, when the core is fractured right now.
This team needs to focus on bringing in a true GM, which is probably not ever going to happen while Jerry is still breathing, so this is basically irrelevant in forum discussion.
But I do love most of you that post here,, this team has brought a forum like this together,, thats cool in my book.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I've tried to go through all the threads. One thing I have not seen, Jerry tried to go head to head with Rodger. Spent a lot in attorney fees to defend our RB. I just don't see him walking away from the player he tried so hard to defend.

aria

Reaction score
So again I'm supposed to award points for missing games? To hell with that. Show up for work then we can talk. If you miss a game you get a zero grade for that game. You wanna play the woulda coulda shoulda game play it with someone else. Zeke did more because he showed up for work more. I am not the one to ding him for that and say some other guy "woulda done better" but he had his period and couldn't play.
Way to ignore every other legitimate point I made and focus on just one. Once again, you’re a hypocrite. On more than one occasion I’ve seen you say “If zeke wasn’t suspended he would have had 3 rushing titles”. Well he was suspended because he’s an idiot so after your argument above I hope I never see you say that again because I will be the first to call you out if I do.

I’ve also seen the excuse, even from zeke himself, that he got off to a slow start the year he held out. Who didn’t show up to work with 2 years left on their contract? Who sat on the beach while his teammates were at training camp? Who’s fault is it that he didn’t start off in game shape? I’m going to help you out, the answer to all 3 questions is zeke. It’s not a valid excuse but one that is commonly used to defend him.

BTW, I didn’t award points, I stated a fact. I didn’t ask you to have sympathy for Barkley, I simply said he played 3 less games than zeke so that had something to do with not having as many broken tackles. I’ve seen you say the same thing about zeke when he was held out a game in 2018? against the Giants “he would have had even more yards if he played every game that season” or something along those lines but he didn’t play more games, did he? It’s well known that Barkley wanted to play those games and Shurmur wouldn’t let him, he still performed at a high level even with the injury.

Way to go Ronnie, your hypocrisy is now unrivaled by anyone on this site. It never stops, literally.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yes,, the issue isnt with Zeke, the issue is much higher in the pecking order.
The issue is a fundamental failure from the top brass...
Fish rots from the head down.
Design flaw, total restructure of roster, cap rules dictate, esp with this team and the glaring holes everywhere.
Sorry if I come across as somewhat dismal in my appraisal, but this roster this team, can not support super hero bling with huge cap hits, when the core is fractured right now.
This team needs to focus on bringing in a true GM, which is probably not ever going to happen while Jerry is still breathing, so this is basically irrelevant in forum discussion.
But I do love most of you that post here,, this team has brought a forum like this together,, thats cool in my book.
I love most of you too!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Way to ignore every other legitimate point I made and focus on just one. Once again, you’re a hypocrite. On more than one occasion I’ve seen you say “If zeke wasn’t suspended he would have had 3 rushing titles”. Well he was suspended because he’s an idiot so after your argument above I hope I never see you say that again because I will be the first to call you out if I do.

I've seen other people make the argument about the suspension costing him a rushing title.. But I don't recall being one of them. I do believe that the suspension was excessive and unwarranted based on the league's own investigator. It was just another chance for Goodell to screw the Cowboys... so he took it.

I’ve also seen the excuse, even from zeke himself, that he got off to a slow start the year he held out. Who didn’t show up to work with 2 years left on their contract? Who sat on the beach while his teammates were at training camp? Who’s fault is it that he didn’t start off in game shape? I’m going to help you out, the answer to all 3 questions is zeke. It’s not a valid excuse but one that is commonly used to defend him.
Tell me again.. how many games did he miss? Where did he finish among rushers? And was he ahead of or behind Barkley?
BTW, I didn’t award points, I stated a fact. I didn’t ask you to have sympathy for Barkley, I simply said he played 3 less games than zeke so that had something to do with not having as many broken tackles. I’ve seen you say the same thing about zeke when he was held out a game in 2018? against the Giants “he would have had even more yards if he played every game that season” or something along those lines but he didn’t play more games, did he? It’s well known that Barkley wanted to play those games and Shurmur wouldn’t let him, he still performed at a high level even with the injury.

Way to go Ronnie, your hypocrisy is now unrivaled by anyone on this site. It never stops, literally.

The great thing about math is it's consistent. In 2019 when Zeke was credited with 24 broken tackles he was breaking a tackle one every 12.5 carries on average. That same year Barkley was credited with 16 broken tackles or one every 13.6 carries.. I don't know if you are capable of comprehending simple math but this indicates that Zeke was breaking tackles MORE FREQUENTLY than Barkley.. So by virtue of being 8 broken tackles behind Barkley would have needed 109 more carries to get to 24. (13.6*8) .. If we look at their last three seasons, which is as far back as the advanced stats go.. Barkley has 47 broken tackles on 497 carries.. for a phenomenal rate of one every 10.6 carries. Unfortunately 30 of those broken tackles came in his rookie season.. his rate has really dropped since then.. Zeke's rate has been every 15 carries over that same span.. So in the 2+ years he's been in the league Barkley has been better at breaking tackles than Zeke.. He just wasn't better in 2019. It would be interesting to see what Zeke's numbers looked like in HIS rookie season. My gut tells me that he probably also had his highest broken tackle rate that year as well.. The reasoning is fairly simple.. Running backs are typically fullest of piss and vinegar their rookie seasons. Then over time in the league some of that.. a lot of it actually, gets beaten out of them. The other factor is the all important BOOK. As in the book on you that gets compiled every game you play in the league. It highlights just how important it is for a player to always be evolving and improving his game.. or the league will sniff you out and then snuff you out.

That's why it's lunacy when people say they want to see "rookie Zeke." You're never going to see "rookie Zeke" nor should you because if you did the league would have already figured out how to stop him and he'd be out of the league already. You're also probably never going to see rookie Barkley either.. At least you Giants fans should hope not. Standing on the sideline watching the team win with guys who are willing to hit it up in there and take three yards when it's there should be an eye opener for him. The team is better on 2nd and 7 than it is on 2nd and 12. If he learns that he is going to have a long and productive career. If he doesn't he will be jettisoned the instant he loses a step because if you're a highlight reel back who doesn't consistently deliver meat and potatoes too you're not helping your team win. As a Cowboys fan I hope he comes back and continues to swing for the fences on every carry.. because that will mean that the Cowboys will continue to own the Giants.. Meanwhile Barkley will hit on one or two long ones.. just enough to make fans ooh and aaah.. meanwhile the Giants' punter will get a workout every game.

kskboys

Reaction score
McCaffery.
59 carries
225 yards
3.8 average

kamara
154 carries
723 yards
4.7 average

Gurley
181 carries
645 yards
3.6. Average

And McCaffrey got hurt again. The "declining" thingie is up for debate.

aria

Reaction score
I've seen other people make the argument about the suspension costing him a rushing title.. But I don't recall being one of them. I do believe that the suspension was excessive and unwarranted based on the league's own investigator. It was just another chance for Goodell to screw the Cowboys... so he took it.

Tell me again.. how many games did he miss? Where did he finish among rushers? And was he ahead of or behind Barkley?

The great thing about math is it's consistent. In 2019 when Zeke was credited with 24 broken tackles he was breaking a tackle one every 12.5 carries on average. That same year Barkley was credited with 16 broken tackles or one every 13.6 carries.. I don't know if you are capable of comprehending simple math but this indicates that Zeke was breaking tackles MORE FREQUENTLY than Barkley.. So by virtue of being 8 broken tackles behind Barkley would have needed 109 more carries to get to 24. (13.6*8) .. If we look at their last three seasons, which is as far back as the advanced stats go.. Barkley has 47 broken tackles on 497 carries.. for a phenomenal rate of one every 10.6 carries. Unfortunately 30 of those broken tackles came in his rookie season.. his rate has really dropped since then.. Zeke's rate has been every 15 carries over that same span.. So in the 2+ years he's been in the league Barkley has been better at breaking tackles than Zeke.. He just wasn't better in 2019. It would be interesting to see what Zeke's numbers looked like in HIS rookie season. My gut tells me that he probably also had his highest broken tackle rate that year as well.. The reasoning is fairly simple.. Running backs are typically fullest of piss and vinegar their rookie seasons. Then over time in the league some of that.. a lot of it actually, gets beaten out of them. The other factor is the all important BOOK. As in the book on you that gets compiled every game you play in the league. It highlights just how important it is for a player to always be evolving and improving his game.. or the league will sniff you out and then snuff you out.

That's why it's lunacy when people say they want to see "rookie Zeke." You're never going to see "rookie Zeke" nor should you because if you did the league would have already figured out how to stop him and he'd be out of the league already. You're also probably never going to see rookie Barkley either.. At least you Giants fans should hope not. Standing on the sideline watching the team win with guys who are willing to hit it up in there and take three yards when it's there should be an eye opener for him. The team is better on 2nd and 7 than it is on 2nd and 12. If he learns that he is going to have a long and productive career. If he doesn't he will be jettisoned the instant he loses a step because if you're a highlight reel back who doesn't consistently deliver meat and potatoes too you're not helping your team win. As a Cowboys fan I hope he comes back and continues to swing for the fences on every carry.. because that will mean that the Cowboys will continue to own the Giants.. Meanwhile Barkley will hit on one or two long ones.. just enough to make fans ooh and aaah.. meanwhile the Giants' punter will get a workout every game.
So you’re a conspiracy theorist, figures.

You don’t get it Ronnie, it doesn’t matter if he missed games or not. He screwed his team by “not showing up for work” during the pre season and coming into the regular season out of shape after he demanded to be paid the highest for his position. He could have at least attended training camp and let his agent talk to Jerry behind the scenes and let Jerry know that the diva cry baby wouldn’t play a regular season down if he didn’t get his contract. But no, he had to make a big spectacle out of it by flying back and forth to Cabo while his team was practicing together. He’s a chump.

For once you bring up some legitimate points in the last half of you post :clap: So also for once I have nothing to respond to you with on that particular topic :angry:

Hell, I’ll even give my first “like” ever to you for an overall decent post.

blueblood70

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!