Shoutout to Tyler against Donald

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Thorne is one of the best OL guys out there. He absolutely knows what he’s talking about.

Yeah, Smith is already very good and is only 22 years old. Great player.
First time I’ve heard him. Sounded very impressed with Tyler and clearly knew his stuff.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
How many fans were unhappy Dallas took him over that pass rusher that unexpectedly fell? How many fans are now glad Dallas made the choice they did?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tyler is gonna be great LT. Edoga was getting punished at first but they settled in after the first series. And Edoga replacement did a good job also. If Tyron can’t go this weekend we may want to put Tyler at LT and Bass at LG.
i truly believe you're missing the point here, they are not moving 73 back out there unless its and emergency hes on a career path with one guy named Larry Allen... you remember that guy move from left....to left guard and the rest is history.. and if i'm not mistaken i believe they have the same number??? :) :cool:

i believe AsimR or another player can be groomed at LT... i don't know if you've checked with the nfl trend of late bvut a great guard is just as important as a good tackle.. i mean if it's me thinking this you dont want pressure up the middle as your pocket starts in the middle... QBs rather step up and the quickest path is up the middle.. all 5 positions are equally important now not just LT..

blueblood70

Reaction score
What is it with this board’s obsession with Bass? :huh:
i don't think there's an obsession but Hoffman, Bass, & Asim Richards all better than they were given credit for in PS .. we have better depth than fans claim, They said we have none.. all can play as they develop could all be part of this team going forward.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
i don't think there's an obsession but Hoffman, Bass, & Asim Richards all better than they were given credit for in PS .. we have better depth than fans claim, They said we have none.. all can play as they develop could all be part of this team going forward.
Good points. Good lord, the Cowboys are losers because they didn’t trade for a player that was not available. These talk shows have nothing to talk about.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Very clever of Micah to give Zack Martin locker-room material in advance of a big game.
i think the most impressive part was his second and third level efforts.. i'm not gonna call this guy larry allen but he's wearing the same number ,. he also made the same switch from tackle to guard.. he seems to have that same type of approach to his game....

but i think he's going to be better than Martin someday, his athleticism and the way he can pull and move out in space...

glimmerman

Reaction score
i truly believe you're missing the point here, they are not moving 73 back out there unless its and emergency hes on a career path with one guy named Larry Allen... you remember that guy move from left....to left guard and the rest is history.. and if i'm not mistaken i believe they have the same number??? :) :cool:

i believe AsimR or another player can be groomed at LT... i don't know if you've checked with the nfl trend of late bvut a great guard is just as important as a good tackle.. i mean if it's me thinking this you dont want pressure up the middle as your pocket starts in the middle... QBs rather step up and the quickest path is up the middle.. all 5 positions are equally important now not just LT..
I was under the impression Tyler was to be the next LT. Tyler was going to play LG and learn LT position slowly from Tyron before he ripped his achellies off the bone. (That sounds really painful.). Which did not make sense to me when I heard it because am I mistaken or did Tyler play LT in college… But anyways they moved him to LT and he played extremely well for a rookie. To me I thought Edoga did pretty well after the first series. And I think you said Richards came in and took over. To me there was no drop off and maybe been better. Also I think Bass looks good playing LG.

I was hearing a lot of belly aching when we got Richards, Bass and Hoffman. Saying we should have kept mcgovern. And hoping for Walensko to be healed up, is he still on the team..

Anyways I am pleasantly surprised. Although they haven’t gotten alot of playing time it’s a good sample size.

I do wish they would try running Luepke up the gut some. Has got to be a reason they aren’t pounding him. He had a goal line run from the 4 and busted in for a TD.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I keep Tyler at OG and let him be an all-pro.

Depending on how the year progresses, I may bring Tryon back but have a rock solid swing and some legit developmental tackles.
Yeah I keep bringing Tyron back honestly. I know no one likes it but him getting hurt wouldn’t matter if we had a solid swing tackle.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was under the impression Tyler was to be the next LT. Tyler was going to play LG and learn LT position slowly from Tyron before he ripped his achellies off the bone. (That sounds really painful.). Which did not make sense to me when I heard it because am I mistaken or did Tyler play LT in college… But anyways they moved him to LT and he played extremely well for a rookie. To me I thought Edoga did pretty well after the first series. And I think you said Richards came in and took over. To me there was no drop off and maybe been better. Also I think Bass looks good playing LG.

I was hearing a lot of belly aching when we got Richards, Bass and Hoffman. Saying we should have kept mcgovern. And hoping for Walensko to be healed up, is he still on the team..

Anyways I am pleasantly surprised. Although they haven’t gotten alot of playing time it’s a good sample size.

I do wish they would try running Luepke up the gut some. Has got to be a reason they aren’t pounding him. He had a goal line run from the 4 and busted in for a TD.

First of all doesn't matter what they planned but when they moved them over to left guard and the guys playing that good at a Pro Bowl level best he's ever played you probably gotta leave him there again much like Larry Allen who wore the same number ..

Edoga is ok nice swing maybe but from where I was sitting, I'm pretty sure Edoga got beat a couple of times on the first series probably the first snap I think that sack I think it was on him...IMHO Richards played better.. Even if they look relatively the same why wouldn't you just go with the young guy and give him some snaps and experience? How in my opinion even if tyron Smith is healthy enough to play I'm bringing him in this Eagles game as the swing tackle and using him on both sides if needed to stop the bleeding and for depth but I might let Richards start and see how he does then if needed you can bring in tyron as an emergency guy but we need to start thinking about making him the swing tackle keeping him healthy until the playoffs...

Yes I wish that Mike McCarthy and whoever is watching film uses Rico dowdle and hunter a lot more on what we call The Dirty average short yardage and obvious rundowns we need to stop wearing out Tony Pollard..... Apparently they want him to be the starter but I just don't see it the advantage by wearing him out and not having his speed and burst late in games or against the better teams like let's get his legs fresh..​

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
What does Warren Sapp think? :muttley:
That was still such a weird comment. Some of these guys are lazy and don't do their research and spout it off.. I get it. But of all the things to spout off. He must have watched one bad play and formed his shtick. Or maybe he meant Tyron and his injuries, Sapp does seem to be losing it a little.