SI article calles Mavs an "Animal House" of harrassment

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Women want equality in the workplace. They do not want to be treated like guys. This is an example of typical obnoxious locker room talk :

At this meal, with ESPN crew members seated nearby, Ussery struck up an unusual conversation. As the woman recalls the exchange, Ussery claimed that he knew what she was going to do over the coming weekend. When the woman asked, confusedly, what Ussery meant, he smiled.

“You’re going to get gang-banged,” he asserted, “aren’t you?”

“No,” the woman responded, caught off-guard. “Actually, I’m going to the movies with friends.”

“No,” Ussery insisted. “You’re definitely getting gang-banged.”

EST_1986

Reaction score
Women want equality in the workplace. They do not want to be treated like guys. This is an example of typical obnoxious locker room talk :

At this meal, with ESPN crew members seated nearby, Ussery struck up an unusual conversation. As the woman recalls the exchange, Ussery claimed that he knew what she was going to do over the coming weekend. When the woman asked, confusedly, what Ussery meant, he smiled.

“No,” the woman responded, caught off-guard. “Actually, I’m going to the movies with friends.”

Guys are ******* demented pigs

coogrfan

Reaction score

Seriously? How does someone get to a point in life where they think saying something like that is ok?

erod

Reaction score
In professional locker rooms, this is nothing unusual at all.

Look at the barrage of firings at ESPN and NFL Network over this nonsense. Mostly former athletes. Every locker room and front office in the country is crapping their knickers right now.

yimyammer

Reaction score

what the hell?

yimyammer

Reaction score

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I read the article, I'm reacting to Usserys comments toward women. I guess he gets off on saying absurd **** that very few if any women on the planet would ever react positively. So he either has no clue how to treat women or he is aware on some level and gets off on his behavior or I suppose both

Gotcha, I thought you didn't know what I was talking about...........

jimmy40

Reaction score

I can't think of any female I work with or even know for that matter that wouldn't respond to that with What did you say? Or What the hell did you just say. This woman seriously responded with no, actually I'm going to the movies with friends? Come on now, this can't be real.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In professional locker rooms, this is nothing unusual at all.

Look at the barrage of firings at ESPN and NFL Network over this nonsense. Mostly former athletes. Every locker room and front office in the country is crapping their knickers right now.
Thing is, he is a professional with degrees from Princeton, Harvard, Yale and Cal. What he said is peon talk.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I'm sure Ussery is a real jerk. But in all fairness, we have no idea if thats really a true story.
But I know several people that work for the Mavs and Ussery does have rep.

Btw, almost all of this Mavs stuff took place at the corporate offices...nowhere near where the players and coaches hamg out.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, here is what I will say about this. I don't know if the Mavs situation is as bad as it is being made out to be or not. They may very well be, but I know this, SI has long since, ceased to be a reputable source of reporting. Their magazine is really nothing more then a tabloid, at this point and that's really a shame because that was a magazine that really was about sports when I was growing up. I lived for any kind of news on sports and that was one of the few available, before ESPN and the Enterweb. I do not trust them to report honestly on a story. I do, however, trust them to try and create a story, in order to try and improve circulation, at any cost. At least IMO.

When reading any reporting for SI, assuming anybody still does,you must always keep in mind that their magazine circulation is down 46% over the past 5 years. That number does not take into consideration, the numbers that this magazine enjoyed during the 70s and 80s. If you consider where they were then, in context, that 46% figure is even more pronounced. I know a lot of you probably already know this but just a food for thought kinda thing.

Hardline

Reaction score
This is karma for Cuban endorsing a certain person for something

GMO415

Reaction score
Don't degrade an iconic movie with this garbage...hahaha
xqyNA.gif