SI.com Peter King: Bears 26, Cowboys 20

Jon

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys (2-0) at Chicago Bears (1-1)

The throaty mob, emboldened by a long day of Old Style-chugging in the Soldier Field parking lots, will come to scream for the scalp of Rex Grossman. But Rex will leave the field in triumph -- after the obligatory Andrea Kremer postgame interrogation -- and live to fight another day.
Bears 26, Cowboys 20

Game-by-game picks for Week 3
http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/pickoff

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
A lot of people are going to whine about people picking against us, but really, if I were unbiased, I probably would too. The bears have a sick defense and have done something. We beat the Giants and the LOLphins.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal;1658167 said:
A lot of people are going to whine about people picking against us, but really, if I were unbiased, I probably would too. The bears have a sick defense and have done something. We beat the Bears and the LOLphins.
See, even you picked us.:lmao2:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm not against people picking the bears, because Its hard to be objective and pick the Cowboys.

BUT, how in the world will they score 26?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1658167 said:
We beat the Giants and the LOLphins.

Like beating the Chiefs at home is some sort of remarkable accomplishment....

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1658186 said:
Like beating the Chiefs at home is some sort of remarkable accomplishment....

I thought they played well against the Chargers, actually-the OL protected Rex well(and he made some nice throws), and they controlled the tempo of that game through much-However, they missed a TD opp at the end of the first half when Berrian ran a bad route, and 2 good-looking drives were killed b/c their RBs forgot to protect the football.

If Newman doesn't play, while I won't have a problem with it, Berrian, Clark, and Olsen WILL be a problem-which is scary. And if Rex DOES have time, he'll pick you apart.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Future 585;1658182 said:
I'm not against people picking the bears, because Its hard to be objective and pick the Cowboys.

Probably because the Bears scored 26 points per game last year (tied for 2nd in the NFL) and our defense is currently giving up 27 points per game.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Boy, that didn't take long. As soon as his buddy, Bill Parcells, left, he jumped off our band-wagon.

Who cares. I like being the under-dog.

Remember when King said that S.F. would beat Dallas in " the greatest championship game ever played" before the 1993 season.

That one didn't work out too well now, did it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
great! when he picks us to win we lose. when he picks us to lose we win

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
TunaFan33;1658188 said:
I thought they played well against the Chargers, actually-the OL protected Rex well(and he made some nice throws), and they controlled the tempo of that game through much-However, they missed a TD opp at the end of the first half when Berrian ran a bad route, and 2 good-looking drives were killed b/c their RBs forgot to protect the football.

If Newman doesn't play, while I won't have a problem with it, Berrian, Clark, and Olsen WILL be a problem-which is scary. And if Rex DOES have time, he'll pick you apart.

And if I didn't have those 4 bogeys, two doubles and a triple, I'd have shot even par!

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
Future 585;1658182 said:

Easy: Julius, trapped behind the goal line for a safety in the 1st quarter, then a non-TD interception, resulting in a field goal by Gold...
one ball stripped out of the hands of a stood-up MBIII, trying too hard, to gain an extra yard, and run in by Urlacher for a TD,
plus TD kickoff return by Hester.
plus TD punt return by Hester.

Of course, I'm still considering Peter King's prediction for our opening game in Jacksonville last year, when he predicted 'shock and awe' by our defense against Leftwich.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
They scored 26 points per game last year, 2nd in the NFL. The fact that their offense is totally dismissed just shows how everyone focuses on skill players and nobody ever pays attention to offensive line play. The Bears have maybe the best OL in the NFC, and in case you haven't noticed, we ain't exactly terrrors with the pass rush this year (or any year in the last decade).

I like our chances with any team in the NFC, and I think the game is pretty much a push ... but the Bears are the favorites in Vegas for a reason.