SI.com's veteran N.F.L. draft tracker looks at 12 lesser-known small-school stars

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
T1_0421_apropertall.jpg

Joe Morgan/WR/Walsh: Morgan bounced around between a couple of schools before settling at Walsh and making a major contribution the past two seasons. He's one of the true deep threats at the receiver position and posted a 4.36 40 as a participant at Ohio State's pro day. In 2009-10, Morgan averaged just under 17 yards per catch from 70 total receptions. He's a solid fit in the fifth round area and is getting long looks from the Texans and Chiefs.

David Mims/OT/Virginia Union: Mims has a tremendous combination of size (6-9, 331), athleticism and strength. He plays to his measurables and stands out while blocking on film. Mims offers the skill set to see action in the NFL and is getting long looks from the Lions and Chiefs.

Blaine Sumner/NT/Colorado School of Mines: Affectionately known as the "Vanilla Gorrilla," Sumner is one of the best-kept secrets on the defensive line. He's an all-conference player that posted 32 tackles and blocked three kicks as a senior. He completed 52 reps on the bench press during his pro-day workout, while squatting 905 pounds and benching 625. Sumner is also on pace to receive a master's degree in Engineering and Technology Management. He's lined up at fullback and was also used as a short-yardage runner

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/04/21/draft.sleepers/index.html#ixzz1KT1nN5q6

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Roper doesn't impress me all that much. He wouldn't even have started except the #1 guy got hurt early in the season.

Woods

Reaction score
Blaine Sumner/NT/Colorado School of Mines: Affectionately known as the "Vanilla Gorrilla,"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:laugh2:

That got a chuckle out of me.