News: SI: Cowboys Jerry Jones Reveals He Wants Rams to Win Super Bowl LVI

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Remember what happened next? Four years later the old Browns, now the Ravens, won the Super Bowl. They've added another since and the Browns are still the Browns.

Now imagine if that happened with the Cowboys...
If it means we rid ourselves of Jethro I’d be in. And the Browns did retain their prior history.

Sydla

Reaction score
He's besties with the Rams owner. When Kroenke said he'd back out of an agreement with the other owners and stop paying for litigation for his/NFL's move to LA from St Louis, many owners grumbled but old Jerry defended him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Once the Cowboys are out, my presence for the Championship id for the team with the least Super Bowl wins. This year, I believe that would be Cincinnati.
That’s a good angle and one I usually take . And if they get in will be who I’m rooting for. Love the underdog. But I can’t root for 49ers. Have to go for Rams.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Honestly, I couldn't care less who won the Super Bowl.

However, to keep a link to my Cowboys allegiance, I'd least want the 49ers to win. I believe they're tied with Dallas in rings total (5) and would be tied with Dallas in Super Bowl appearances if they make it (8).

As far as underdogs, and if I had to pick a team to win it all, I'd go with Cincinnati. Its community/city deserves a winner. I'm least sympathetic to LA, the city with EVERYTHING and has far more amenities to keep its citizens busy other than football. That's partially why the Rams are visitors in their own stadium.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not surprising because the Rams are what Jerry envisions if his GMing were successful.... making bold and aggressive moves in free agency and winning with a young head coach that everyone doubted.
That does not sound like him at all.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Jerry just sent the kiss of death to the Rams SB run.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
He was the one fighting for la to get back to having nfl teams. He also owns part of the stadium. I get why he wants them to win. For his own sake.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not only are Rams his childhood local team but remember Jethro is invested in Rams success as he helped bring them back to LA.

Im thinking the only ones who might hate him more than we do in Dallas is Ram fans in St Louis.

kevm3

Reaction score
That does not sound like him at all.

jerry was all about making big splashes in free agency. Remember bringing TO here and the Roy Williams trade?
It's only after Stephen took the reigns that free agency doesn't exist.