News: SI: Cowboys Minicamp Notes: McCarthy Raves About 'The Real Dak

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys Minicamp Notes: McCarthy Raves About 'The Real Dak

mccarthy-dak-minicamp.jpg

FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys on Wednesday got another stellar performance from their quarterback, got a contract with their linebacker and found out who isn't going to be their kicker.

A big, fat minicamp notebook from here inside The Star ...

ITEM: At the risk of being redundant: Dak Prescott did it again, demonstrating glitch-free mastery of what the Cowboys are trying to accomplish on offense. Especially significant: Prescott, in the "scramble drill'' - designed to force participants to recalibrate themselves from the original plan - can scramble.

<SNIP>

ITEM: The Cowboys worked through an assortment of red-zone situations and then two-minute drills. and two-minute situations. Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb and long-shot Johnnie Dixon all found themselves in the end zone, and Noah Brown - being pushed for a job - connected with Dak deep down the left sideline for a long gain.

Gallup has suggested that the Cowboys offense will be "unstoppable.'' Days like this are why he says so.

ITEM: By the way, Amari Cooper “is still working through” his ankle surgery rehab, McCarthy said, adding that the club is “hopeful” Cooper will be ready for start of training camp.

Is there reason to panic here? Read above ...

ITEM: Coach McCarthy was at his loosest and most jovial. This year's Cowboys workouts, I can tell you, have a different tempo and temperament than last year's sessions.

ITEM: We have been telling you for months that Tyler Biadasz is the center. And we wrote this week that we're not sure there has even been any real competition there. Once again on Wednesday, the Wisconsin heir to the throne of the retired Travis Frederick was the center of record.

What Biadasz is not is a kicker. Read on ...

Read Full Story

fivetwos

Reaction score
Nice to hear that Robinson is making plays finally
Definitely....

I just don't want to see him and/or Anae never get any kind of a chance here at all due to the all around disaster 2020 was.

He is going to need to make a serious ST showing to stick, but I believe he can.

People are in love with Goodwin as a gunner. Not really sure why.

If it comes down to a numbers thing, I'd much rather keep a guy with starting potential than an older player who we know will never amount to a capable DB.

But the narrative is that Goodwin is great on ST. I don't see it. Sorry.....and if they end up cutting an up and coming DB to keep him it's the wrong move.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seen Johnny Dixon's name come up several times or more lately, and all in good ways.
Could he be a sleeper candidate to be the 6th WR, or just the next TC star that just doesn't quite have enough.
Seems they have several WR's that can make some noise in TC and be this type of player. Looks good, but can they crack the 53 man roster.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The reporter got it wrong. It's supposed to be ... "The Real Snak."

Big Mike couldn't help but rave about the breakfast buffet.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seen Johnny Dixon's name come up several times or more lately, and all in good ways.
Could he be a sleeper candidate to be the 6th WR, or just the next TC star that just doesn't quite have enough.
Seems they have several WR's that can make some noise in TC and be this type of player. Looks good, but can they crack the 53 man roster.
I wish they'd call him L'il Johnnie Dixon and he could play guitar like Buddy Guy. Just got that cool Bluesman's name.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We have a lot of good WR prospects, including the ones we drafted and picked up after the draft. Tough competition all the way around. It will be interesting to see who sticks.

Qcard

Reaction score

FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys on Wednesday got another stellar performance from their quarterback,.....

........He definitely reflects what the Dallas Cowboys are looking for. In my view, this is his team. He’s the face of the locker room and he’s the guy I’m gonna lean on the most
Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Mike McCarthy
Read Full Story
This quote might as well be Hebrew to the Dak Haters..We all know how the translations turnout:laugh:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Going to have to stash a few on the PC and hope for the best.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys on Wednesday got another stellar performance from their quarterback, got a contract with their linebacker and found out who isn't going to be their kicker.

A big, fat minicamp notebook from here inside The Star ...

ITEM: At the risk of being redundant: Dak Prescott did it again, demonstrating glitch-free mastery of what the Cowboys are trying to accomplish on offense. Especially significant: Prescott, in the "scramble drill'' - designed to force participants to recalibrate themselves from the original plan - can scramble.

<SNIP>

ITEM: The Cowboys worked through an assortment of red-zone situations and then two-minute drills. and two-minute situations. Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb and long-shot Johnnie Dixon all found themselves in the end zone, and Noah Brown - being pushed for a job - connected with Dak deep down the left sideline for a long gain.

Gallup has suggested that the Cowboys offense will be "unstoppable.'' Days like this are why he says so.

ITEM: By the way, Amari Cooper “is still working through” his ankle surgery rehab, McCarthy said, adding that the club is “hopeful” Cooper will be ready for start of training camp.

Is there reason to panic here? Read above ...

ITEM: Coach McCarthy was at his loosest and most jovial. This year's Cowboys workouts, I can tell you, have a different tempo and temperament than last year's sessions.

ITEM: We have been telling you for months that Tyler Biadasz is the center. And we wrote this week that we're not sure there has even been any real competition there. Once again on Wednesday, the Wisconsin heir to the throne of the retired Travis Frederick was the center of record.

What Biadasz is not is a kicker. Read on ...

Read Full Story
Thanks for posting

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With the Reggie Robinson situation last year......how did they even know he couldn't play safety for them last year? They didn't even put him in games lol.