SI Mock Draft

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
We take a rookie corner over a FA......no way......we draft Mike Williams

Everyone knows the corners in Washington are just "System Defensive Backs." We could sign anyone..... :cool:

Is DE really the Cowboys biggest need???? :confused:

Woods

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
We take a rookie corner over a FA......no way......we draft Mike Williams

Everyone knows the corners in Washington are just "System Defensive Backs." We could sign anyone..... :cool:

Is DE really the Cowboys biggest need???? :confused:

We need someone to get to the QB, for sure.

But I don't think it will be James.

I hope we'd look at Merriman instead.

Personally, at this point, I'd be happy with either Merriman, M. Williams at WR, or Spears at DE (if we go to a 3-4) with number 11.

There may be a decent shot that all 3 are available at 11. If that occurs, we'd probably trade down and pick up an extra pick.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
A first round which includes the drafting of James and Merriman makes absoloutely no sense.

James is a 4-3 defensive end....PERIOD....Merriman is either a 4-3 end or the SAM in a 3-4.

Spears and Merriman would be a much better match.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Hell, how about Johnson and Merriman. That would be a primo draft in my mind. I don't think I want James even though he might be the best pass rusher in this draft. Players who can't stay healthy in college aren't likely to stay healthy in the pros.

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
I think we would take Spears over James. We've shown a lot of interest in him.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I will go nuts if Dj or MW are on the board and we pass on them to take James :banghead:

ghst187

Reaction score
diehard2231 said:
I will go nuts if Dj or MW are on the board and we pass on them to take James :banghead:

ditto, or James over Spears and Merriman. I think Merriman is our guy if MW is off the board.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The answer to this is we take Mike Williams and then Merriman. We upgrade both the Offense and Defense drastically with these two picks. There is no way that Mike Williams drops to us but if he does and we pass, I will throw such a fit that it would make Liza Minelli proud.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
The answer to this is we take Mike Williams and then Merriman. We upgrade both the Offense and Defense drastically with these two picks. There is no way that Mike Williams drops to us but if he does and we pass, I will throw such a fit that it would make Liza Minelli proud.

Take Mike Williams at 11 and Marcus Spears at 20 and smell the flowers.