Sign these 3 players in FA and lets just go draft

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Spaulding / Rowdy? :muttley:

6a463r.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score
FA has been depressing. A lot of good players to be had and no interest from this front office. If we are going to play this bargain bin game again and just rely on the draft to improve the team. At least add some cheap guys who can be placeholders for the draft picks if they aren't exactly plug and play rookies.

1. Billy Turner T/G- Josh Ball can't be your swing tackle he hasn't proven he can even play in the NFL yet. Turner can be your swing tackle and he can even be your starting left guard if something doesn't fall the way you expect it to in the draft. Shouldn't break the bank.

2. Linval Joseph 1-tech- ageing DT but still managed 57 tackles last year and should be cheap. Dallas doesn't value the position so I don't expect them to draft a 1-tech any higher than the 5th round. If he can't play anymore cut him in camp it won't cost much. At least try to make an effort at the position though; it's getting old.

3. Troy Reeder ILB- If the Rams sign Wagner I doubt they bring back Reeder. Over the past two seasons he is averaging 85 tackles, 2.5 sacks and a pick per season. Dallas needs a MLB that can play when Parsons is doing his thing at end. LVE and Cox are weak side LB's. Again, shouldn't break the bank.

Fills those holes and go draft, I am done expecting anything else from free agency.
good post never heard oif them that a SJ list ifive ever seen one good job

outside of the depressing part seriously if you are effected by the offseason 6months before game 1 before the draft and long before any of this counts , you need help chemically or therapy can held. It one thing to get overly invested in week to week game drama but dude this off season is only 3 weeks old and September a long ways off.pace yourself this has just begun and this place looks like they party of an apocalypse.

you all need to relax save it or when it counts no awards ro trophies are handed out for offseason..lots of things will change by game 1 and then there the trade deadline etc..so much is ahead no reason to panic at all..

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
FA has been depressing. A lot of good players to be had and no interest from this front office. If we are going to play this bargain bin game again and just rely on the draft to improve the team. At least add some cheap guys who can be placeholders for the draft picks if they aren't exactly plug and play rookies.

1. Billy Turner T/G- Josh Ball can't be your swing tackle he hasn't proven he can even play in the NFL yet. Turner can be your swing tackle and he can even be your starting left guard if something doesn't fall the way you expect it to in the draft. Shouldn't break the bank.

2. Linval Joseph 1-tech- ageing DT but still managed 57 tackles last year and should be cheap. Dallas doesn't value the position so I don't expect them to draft a 1-tech any higher than the 5th round. If he can't play anymore cut him in camp it won't cost much. At least try to make an effort at the position though; it's getting old.

3. Troy Reeder ILB- If the Rams sign Wagner I doubt they bring back Reeder. Over the past two seasons he is averaging 85 tackles, 2.5 sacks and a pick per season. Dallas needs a MLB that can play when Parsons is doing his thing at end. LVE and Cox are weak side LB's. Again, shouldn't break the bank.

Fills those holes and go draft, I am done expecting anything else from free agency.
Nice insights.
Unfortunately we don't sign many free agents from other teams.
I know it's maddening, but it's our reality.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice insights.
Unfortunately we don't sign many free agents from other teams.
I know it's maddening, but it's our reality.

Right, as they rather keep all of their draft picks instead. Regardless if they make a difference. I think the FO feels youth is better for the long haul. However they take too many risk and reaches in the draft as well as injured players.
They still think they can recreate the 90's teams this way. By being one of the youngest teams in the NFL, like it actually means something.

I know several years ago or so, they brought in a lot of mid to low tier FA's. Some stuck, some were released, some during the season were released. So maybe gun shy from that. Though ones signed last year for Quinn worked out to a degree. Turnovers still hid a lot of warts. Such as the run defense.

I am not one for them to sign a big bucks deal with a top name FA' as I think they rarely work out as THE difference maker. But they can do better than they do.
Still early in the off season though. See if they get lucky in the draft.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Right, as they rather keep all of their draft picks instead. Regardless if they make a difference. I think the FO feels youth is better for the long haul. However they take too many risk and reaches in the draft as well as injured players.
They still think they can recreate the 90's teams this way. By being one of the youngest teams in the NFL, like it actually means something.

I know several years ago or so, they brought in a lot of mid to low tier FA's. Some stuck, some were released, some during the season were released. So maybe gun shy from that. Though ones signed last year for Quinn worked out to a degree. Turnovers still hid a lot of warts. Such as the run defense.

I am not one for them to sign a big bucks deal with a top name FA' as I think they rarely work out as THE difference maker. But they can do better than they do.
Still early in the off season though. See if they get lucky in the draft.
Good stuff Jazz, keep posting.
The board needs the balanced perspective you bring.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Nice post. Too bad it didn't work out.

1. Turner was signed by the Broncos
2. Your post said it all "ageing". This team is now no longer win "win now" mode, they're waiting for the huge cap increase next year, so they'll be going heavy in the draft so as to be able to fill holes in FA next year. At least that's what I think Dallas is doing, could be wrong of course.
3. Like consistent players, would be pleased to have him.

Hey, even getting 1 of the 3 would be a help...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It's obvious Dallas wants young fresh talent by not touching spoiled FA's who want a ton a money. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.