Silver Lining in loss - 6th seed

Don Corleone

Reaction score
newlander;2474703 said:
3) Chicago is the weakest of the three IMO> The problem is, I don't want any part of going to Soldier Field in a few weeks: not good.

For what its worth, we won a playoff game there in 1991. It was really cold and Emmitt was running wild.

We then went to the warmer temperatures of Detroit in the dome the following week, and got blown out in the divisional round.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Boysboy;2474320 said:
Bad news...we have to win against the Giants, Ravens, and @Philly to nab that 6th seed. Otherwise, both the Falcons and Eagles control their own destiny as well.

Yes, the Eagles would also control their own destiny, but by extension, so would we, since we still have to play them.

Eagles win next two - 9-5-1

We beat the Giants but lose to the Ravens, 9-6

We beat Eagles, we win tiebreaker, via head-to-head record. And we'll have a better conference record than any of the other potential wildcard teams if we win both conference games.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
newlander;2474703 said:
A couple things as I've seen Chicago, Minny and AZ all play multiple times this season:

1) Minnesota could very well lose the Williams duo in the middle and they aren't that great with them, Ferotte is out right now too. The Lions almost beat them yesterday. They'd be my first choice

2) I'd love to get another shot at Arizona. We should have beat them before and we're playing much better now.

3) Chicago is the weakest of the three IMO> The problem is, I don't want any part of going to Soldier Field in a few weeks: not good.
I do. I don't care about Soldier Field. That place is not intimidating and we do now have some experience playing in cold weather and will probably have it again @ Philly the last week on the season.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
bootsy;2474363 said:
I would rather PLAY Chicago than Arizona. For that matter I would rather play Minnesota too. Both of those offenses are inept.

Absolutely agree with this. Arizona would be totally jacked up for the game against us. Minnesota has no passing game and Chicago is suspect at best.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
superpunk;2474357 said:
It would suck to have to go to Chicago....or maybe it would be a good prep for going to New York.

Hell, I don't know if Dallas would have enough players to put on the field if they had to go to the Linc and then to Soldier field. The way they were dropping yesterday, you might see some fattys in the stand who already have jerseys on get out there on the field.