Silver Lining to San Fran/Eagles Losses

817Gill

Reaction score
Can you imagine how over-hyped this team would be had we won both or one of those games? We would be by far and away the top contenders in the NFC and for the majority of the season we’d hear all about how great we are.

This team and organization does it’s worse when it’s put on a pedestal. When they are doubted (11-2 I believe coming off a loss in Mike era) they perform their best.

The mentality of this team is one that is offended that the league doesn’t care about their wins. Heck half the fanbase doesn’t either. Watch Micah’s podcast he feels genuinely slighted that we are criticized so much.

This underdog mentality is much healthier for Dallas than the “SB Bound” mentality. It’s been that way for years now, see 2007.

Now this doesn’t mean I want us losing to these good teams coming up. But I’d rather get to this stretch of the season doubted and criticized rather than hyped and pampered.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At this point, they will be hyped and pampered no matter we like it or not. I’d just assumed that Dallas won those games. The #1 seed far outweighs any media recognition.

The Natural

Reaction score
They weren't put on a pedestal going into the playoffs last year and it didn't seem to matter. The overhyped/underdog narrative is completely irrelevant. They were doubted against SF and got smacked, doubted against Philly went out and lost.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Can you imagine how over-hyped this team would be had we won both or one of those games? We would be by far and away the top contenders in the NFC and for the majority of the season we’d hear all about how great we are.

This team and organization does it’s worse when it’s put on a pedestal. When they are doubted (11-2 I believe coming off a loss in Mike era) they perform their best.

The mentality of this team is one that is offended that the league doesn’t care about their wins. Heck half the fanbase doesn’t either. Watch Micah’s podcast he feels genuinely slighted that we are criticized so much.

This underdog mentality is much healthier for Dallas than the “SB Bound” mentality. It’s been that way for years now, see 2007.

Now this doesn’t mean I want us losing to these good teams coming up. But I’d rather get to this stretch of the season doubted and criticized rather than hyped and pampered.
Yep....
The owner is constantly talking about how great we are.
Sets some very unrealistic expectations.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Whether home or away, they talented enough to win. They don't have to play perfect, but they must play smart. Coaching and decision making has cost this team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A silver lining losing to San Francisco and Philly? :huh: I think I’ve heard it all now. :laugh: Those losses are going to put us on the road in the playoffs and we’ve lost all three of our games this season on the road. How is that a silver lining? Lol

fivetwos

Reaction score

Agree with your logic that it’s best we aren’t overhyped, but home playoff games would be too important to this team.

The one seed, where you now need to win two home games to get the the SB, as opposed to having to win three road games to do the same as the five seed…too much of a difference.

Frustrating since this team is overall better than the 2007 and 2016 teams that choked away one seeds.

Gambit

Reaction score
Yep....
The owner is constantly talking about how great we are.
Sets some very unrealistic expectations.
While normally I'd agree, this season he's gone the other direction. .

1. Saying he hopes we can stay on field with the 49ers.

2. A similar comment about Eagles game.

3. Just said today that while he thinks we can win it all there are 4 or 5 other teams that can win it too.

Just seems his hyperbolic language has changed this season.

Steve007

Reaction score

It doesn't take much for this team to get over-hyped. They are over-hyped now because they beat some bad teams. I would have rathered they beat the best teams to show they can compete in the playoffs.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
All that matters now is that the Curse of Jimmy Johnson will finally be lifted. We are on our way.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
While normally I'd agree, this season he's gone the other direction. .

1. Saying he hopes we can stay on field with the 49ers.

2. A similar comment about Eagles game.

3. Just said today that while he thinks we can win it all there are 4 or 5 other teams that can win it too.

Just seems his hyperbolic language has changed this season.
Thanks, I have not noticed.
Guess I have just frankly tuned him out.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Many homers here write things like "a win is a win" or "can't we just acknowledge we were better" n stuff like that.

There is no silver lining to these losses. The SF game was an embarrassment, nothing more, nothing less.

The Eagles loss was a good fight but also showed that they still can't win a show down against a +500 team. Not as bad as the SF loss, but still not good.

So, just accept that these two games were bitter losses that left us with everything to prove. So let's beat the Eagles in the rematch and see if this winning streak is for real.

As I wrote in another thread, can't wait for that final stretch of the season with mostly winning teams along the way. Now we'll see what the Cowboys are made of this year. Let's go!!!

:flagwave:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Many homers here write things like "a win is a win" or "can't we just acknowledge we were better" n stuff like that.

There is no silver lining to these losses. The SF game was an embarrassment, nothing more, nothing less.

The Eagles loss was a good fight but also showed that they still can't win a show down against a +500 team. Not as bad as the SF loss, but still not good.

So, just accept that these two games were bitter losses that left us with everything to prove. So let's beat the Eagles in the rematch and see if this winning streak is for real.

As I wrote in another thread, can't wait for that final stretch of the season with mostly winning teams along the way. Now we'll see what the Cowboys are made of this year. Let's go!!!

:flagwave:
Yep, though I suppose the 9er's loss did forewarn us that playing a TCO wasnt the solution to beating them.

75boyz

Reaction score
Don't know exactly what it is other than being a division rival and the familiarity of the opponent...

But I still like our chances against Philly far better than playing the 49ers in a win or go home scenario.

Something about the 49ers that they are our kryptonite unfortunately.

jmo