Silver Lining to San Fran/Eagles Losses

Gambit

Reaction score
Thanks, I have not noticed.
Guess I have just frankly tuned him out.
Understandable, he's known for talking as much as he can.

Stephen is too. I remember a press conference a couple of years ago he made the comment about everyone knowing how much he likes to talk.

Apple doesn't fall far from tree

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Understandable, he's known for talking as much as he can.

Stephen is too. I remember a press conference a couple of years ago he made the comment about everyone knowing how much he likes to talk.

Apple doesn't fall far from tree
Yep, I don't pay much attention to what either says, unless it considered important enough for someone to post on the forum.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Philly had better start losing soon for us to even be close to the division lead
If they beat Buffalo, there's no way we'd win the East. If Eagles win the East, it would end the crazy stat that no NFC East team has won the division back to back years since 2003-04 (PHI).

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It was one of those losses you knew would haunt us, even in week 3. Getting beat in a game you had no business losing always seems to linger.
The team was just gutted from losing Trevon Diggs for the season a couple of days prior. The Cowboys were flat as hell and just didn’t have the focus or the energy to play a game, particularly on defense.

It was only the offenses 3rd game in the new offense and with the new OL coach/scheme… not to mention the OL injuries. They just weren’t in a position to carry the defense on a very off day. It took the O a while to get things rolling.

They were just off all day and lost a game that they normally would win. Those off days happen to every team but this one could possibly end up costing the team some home playoff games. It’s unfortunate but not unexpected given the circumstances.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It was one of those losses you knew would haunt us, even in week 3. Getting beat in a game you had no business losing always seems to linger.
I'm sorry maybe you haven't paid attention to this year and all the years passed any given Sunday going on the road missing 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman and just having Trayvon disc get hurt three days before ohhh yeah I'd say that there was some adjustment. There and by the way maybe the referees had no business calling all those plays against us and then picking the one up against Michael gallop that probably had a direct outcome on our loss...

I get what you're saying but don't use the word no business losing when we see it all the time in the NFL at least it only happened to us once this year I guess the bad team but then when we blow people out we're not allowed to be happy we blew them out because they're bad they just insert it's just and then the team but I bet like last year you only win barely on the last drive like against Houston and this whole place has to come in here and point out how we should have beat them by more...

So please don't come in here saying that I don't like it you act like no other teams in the NFL lose to lesser teams and it happens weekly seriously they haven't given Sunday Monday Wednesday Thursday and Friday I mean they play on every day now it applies to every team kinda hard to be up for 17 straight games and you're bound to lay one egg and if you're going to do it there is an excuse it's called missing 4 Pro Bowl players and being on the road and by the way that quarterback way better than advertised and the fact that you add Connor in there they both play so well they made our defense just eat turds all day time of possession swung their way and then they got every break in the game.../

so yeah there was a good reason for us to lose it is a business and those dudes on the other side got paid as well...

so yes we had some business in losing major injuries bad play calls the referees got involved... it looked like one of those the league did not want us to win... And you look at it the same thing happened in Philly the nonsense on the road with the referees just deciding to go blind whenever it matters most of the Dallas Cowboys I'm not saying it's a conspiracy but I'm saying there's good reason we lost those games..

and it didn't have a whole lot to do with us allegedly coming out flat and not taking the game seriously lots of close games it's called parity. It's literally built into the league now and a whole bunch of these games are ending on field goals, you know under six points... I don't know what the differential is on most teams I know ours is skewed but this is what the NFL is it only takes a bad call or two or a bad bounce to lose a game now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yep....
The owner is constantly talking about how great we are.
Sets some very unrealistic expectations.
Somehow you guys think this is a high school this is not high school or college if you don't think that this coaching staff and these more grown up adult millionaire players don't know what to take seriously and what to take is just rhetoric and hyperbole from an owner is ridiculous you think they're affected by anything that Jerry and Steven says you are the one who's delusional you are the one who would be called a sheep because if you think people follow people around no matter what they say you don't have any confidence in people being able to make their own decisions and conclusions I'm sure most people an organization look at it exactly like that it's hyperbole it's rhetoric it's just Jerry and his upper age just like in the same things sometimes he doesn't even know what he says he's starting to get that senility going on... I mean the guy can't have any fun with his team I mean enjoy a win cause even the things he said after the win people wanna mock him for saying this is one of his favorite feelings after a win and his entire time being with the Cowboys he was just enjoying his family the atmosphere Dolly Parton but nobody wants to give the man a break they wanna twist everything he says...

And then some of his little missed words like 1923 instead of 2023 and the DeMarcus Lawrence versus DeMarcus Ware issue which I've done myself it's kinda hard to do when both those players with the same first name or at the top of your mind they played the same exact position... Jerry doesn't get a break apparently neither does the team and the coaches you think they don't have their own understanding and their own way of thinking you think that they follow the owner and that's just ridiculous these millionaire players do not follow that easily this is not that type of environment and atmosphere that it used to be back in the 70s.,..

In fact this is the social media era and where everybody talks everybody says what they want everybody starts things on the Internet knowing they don't really have to stand up for what they say or they say it in the heat of the moment it becomes a flame war these players grew up in this atmosphere they know how to tune things out they know what it's just talk in what is actually real... Many of the things that are said behind closed doors we never hear because that's why they're in closed practices and closed locker rooms you only hear what they allow you to hear and it's just words...

blueblood70

Reaction score
The team was just gutted from losing Trevon Diggs for the season a couple of days prior. The Cowboys were flat as hell and just didn’t have the focus or the energy to play a game, particularly on defense.

It was only the offenses 3rd game in the new offense and with the new OL coach/scheme… not to mention the OL injuries. They just weren’t in a position to carry the defense on a very off day. It took the O a while to get things rolling.

They were just off all day and lost a game that they normally would win. Those off days happen to every team but this one could possibly end up costing the team some home playoff games. It’s unfortunate but not unexpected given the circumstances.
:hammer:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm sorry maybe you haven't paid attention to this year and all the years passed any given Sunday going on the road missing 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman and just having Trayvon disc get hurt three days before ohhh yeah I'd say that there was some adjustment. There and by the way maybe the referees had no business calling all those plays against us and then picking the one up against Michael gallop that probably had a direct outcome on our loss...

I get what you're saying but don't use the word no business losing when we see it all the time in the NFL at least it only happened to us once this year I guess the bad team but then when we blow people out we're not allowed to be happy we blew them out because they're bad they just insert it's just and then the team but I bet like last year you only win barely on the last drive like against Houston and this whole place has to come in here and point out how we should have beat them by more...

So please don't come in here saying that I don't like it you act like no other teams in the NFL lose to lesser teams and it happens weekly seriously they haven't given Sunday Monday Wednesday Thursday and Friday I mean they play on every day now it applies to every team kinda hard to be up for 17 straight games and you're bound to lay one egg and if you're going to do it there is an excuse it's called missing 4 Pro Bowl players and being on the road and by the way that quarterback way better than advertised and the fact that you add Connor in there they both play so well they made our defense just eat turds all day time of possession swung their way and then they got every break in the game.../

so yeah there was a good reason for us to lose it is a business and those dudes on the other side got paid as well...

so yes we had some business in losing major injuries bad play calls the referees got involved... it looked like one of those the league did not want us to win... And you look at it the same thing happened in Philly the nonsense on the road with the referees just deciding to go blind whenever it matters most of the Dallas Cowboys I'm not saying it's a conspiracy but I'm saying there's good reason we lost those games..

and it didn't have a whole lot to do with us allegedly coming out flat and not taking the game seriously lots of close games it's called parity. It's literally built into the league now and a whole bunch of these games are ending on field goals, you know under six points... I don't know what the differential is on most teams I know ours is skewed but this is what the NFL is it only takes a bad call or two or a bad bounce to lose a game now.
Exactly. Tony Pollard admitted after the game that the playbook was scaled down considerably with three starting linemen out.

StarLord

Reaction score
Those games (so far) have shown me that the last 2 years of playoff performances are the norm and not the outlier. We're a playoff game, but not a SB team. I'm praying that changes some this winter.

CWR

Reaction score

I have no idea what you're blabbering on about, but it appears you've made a ton of assumptions on how I think or feel about the team.

I made one point. We had no business losing to the Cards.

Everything else you've just invented. Calm down, I'm not your Huckleberry.

JustChip

Reaction score
The Arizona loss is going to haunt them. Will probably be the difference between the division and possible HFA.
Actually, division winner-wise, the Arizona loss is no more of an issue than the Eagles loss to the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets. Conference record falls behind games against common opponents record in determining Division ranking. The SF loss will have a much greater impact if the Eagles beat the 49ers. And the 49ers loss could come into play in determining the #1 seed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have no idea what you're blabbering on about, but it appears you've made a ton of assumptions on how I think or feel about the team.

I made one point. We had no business losing to the Cards.

Everything else you've just invented. Calm down, I'm not your Huckleberry.
Actually I said what I said and it still holds.... I'm guessing you don't like to hear the truth and we actually had every business to lose we were on the road missing 4 pbowlers three up front and got job by a bunch of calls on the referees the one picked up by Gallup was insane so yeah there was a reason we lost the game you say no business and I say look at the NFL it is any given Sunday business this year is all the proof you need... No I didn't invent it it pretty much is the NFL...

Every team this year has had these issues but this game particularly missing three offensive lineman I don't know a team in the NFL that can function missing three of their starters in one game so that's what happened to the offense and then all the flags and the non flags being on the road there was a good reason we lost that game this wasn't one of those games where you should scratch your head on why we lost if you can't see it then you don't wanna see it you wanna complain and that's why I posted what I posted and it still holds true..

We've seen Brock Purdy missing a couple of his stars and lose three games in a row that's all the proof I need we were missing 4 if not more on the road got it then got the refs involved they were not on our side that day especially the one they picked up on gallop that would have made a huge difference if you don't get it then I can't help you get it....

So again there were valid reasons we lost that game so you saying we had no business losing makes you a little bit delusional and clueless on what actually unfolded in that game...

shabazz

Reaction score
Based on this premise, I would say that losing to the Bills and Dolphins would be just the right thing to get us to the super bowl

CWR

Reaction score
Actually I said what I said and it still holds.... I'm guessing you don't like to hear the truth and we actually had every business to lose we were on the road missing 4 pbowlers three up front and got job by a bunch of calls on the referees the one picked up by Gallup was insane so yeah there was a reason we lost the game you say no business and I say look at the NFL it is any given Sunday business this year is all the proof you need... No I didn't invent it it pretty much is the NFL...

Every team this year has had these issues but this game particularly missing three offensive lineman I don't know a team in the NFL that can function missing three of their starters in one game so that's what happened to the offense and then all the flags and the non flags being on the road there was a good reason we lost that game this wasn't one of those games where you should scratch your head on why we lost if you can't see it then you don't wanna see it you wanna complain and that's why I posted what I posted and it still holds true..

We've seen Brock Purdy missing a couple of his stars and lose three games in a row that's all the proof I need we were missing 4 if not more on the road got it then got the refs involved they were not on our side that day especially the one they picked up on gallop that would have made a huge difference if you don't get it then I can't help you get it....

So again there were valid reasons we lost that game so you saying we had no business losing makes you a little bit delusional and clueless on what actually unfolded in that game...

TLDR
Plenty of excuses but it's a game we should have won and the team would tell you the same. Not sure why you're so butt hurt admitting it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
TLDR
Plenty of excuses but it's a game we should have won and the team would tell you the same. Not sure why you're so butt hurt admitting it.
too long to read but not to keep constantly coming back in to argue.

excuses , nope, those are actually rea facts not excuses MOST teams cant win in that situation. Down 4 PBs, 3 OL and their pb CB etc on the road.. . we've literally seen the eagles and the 49ers lose when they were missing more then 1 key starter at a key position, 9ers 3 in row, eagles had the issue in the jets loss. saw chiefs do it game 1 missing 2 key starters...

quickccc

Reaction score
The Arizona loss is going to haunt them. Will probably be the difference between the division and possible HFA.
If we are the resilient team we need to be, think we are ..then we should be better and stronger than what we were
in our 3 earlier losses.

Has our Tex Coast offense developed and grown stronger ?
More explosive and dangerous than what we were in those losses ?
Have we a new involvement with speedy WR Brandin Cooks ?
Have we regain stability with our OL since the dreadful Philly game ?
Is our defense more competitive now than what it was vs Arizona, Niners and Philly ?

I believe Niners lost 3 games in a row,....
Philly lost to Jets Zack Wilson for their only solo loss of the season.
But have they bounced back from their respective losses ?