Twitter: Simi Fehoko vs Trevon Diggs

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Man it's disgusting. Same dudes that were crying about the years we could never get turnovers are crying about Diggs. I really can't stand the fanbase
:laugh:

Yep!

It is preseason anyway, where they try different things to see what works, what doesn’t, and things they can do at certain time, etc. I mean, we have no idea and Diggs and Harris could be trying any manner of stuff.

Diggs is going to give up some plays, like everyone else does… but he’s going to get his too.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That route was not indefensible, Diggs just did a poor job there. I'm not a Simi Fehoko fan but he deserves credit for locking on to the ball in the air and following it into his hands. The OP makes a good point in saying this is just one play but I still think it is evidence of what could be... Diggs getting burned, and Fehoko stepping up.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I remember that being the knock on Byron Jones.
Oh, he's good at shutting down his man, but he couldn't catch a ball to save his life. o_O
Yep. That was constantly written. If I wanted to kill a few hours I would go back and find some of those same people who are complaining about Diggs giving up catches when trying for turnovers. Lol, it would be fun.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yeah, it's one play but most of these TC clips are one play. Lots of chatter around Turpin, Houston, Vasher, and Tolbert, but let's not forget about Fehoko. He's had a year to learn and may actually be more ready to contribute this season. Let's hope so, anyway.

Old enough to remember McCarthy telling Simi to gain weight and be hybrid TE/WR.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It looks like Diggs was beat on straight up speed... interesting.

He was beaten because he bought the stutter-step and wanted to break in front of the out route. That allowed Fehoko to eat his cushion and outrace him.

gimmesix

Reaction score
This whole thread should be about how they may have found another receiver in Simi Fehoko and instead dumb-***** will be dumb-*****.

Fehoko did a good job of separating, but Diggs shouldn't have bought the quick stutter. It wasn't like it was crisp out fake.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Looks like Diggs got beat playing the same technique he lost to on CD. I'm betting that's what Harrisnwas arguing with him about.

They need to keep throwing double-moves at him until he starts expecting it instead of trying to jump the shorter route.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Fehoko has the potential to be a beast. He has the size, speed and quickness.

I can't imagine him not eventually being good, someday.

I gotta say, Fehoko looked much better than Washington on that play.

Part of me wants to believe they've been stashing Semi to add him to the lineup against the right team. But there's really not much to hide.

Ideally, though, my starters to being the year would be Fehoko, Tolbert and Lamb.

I know it's early, but that's a tough group to cover for any secondary.

Last edited:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Appeared to me Diggs was anticipating the route to turn inside. He hesitated and Fehoko ran past him. I watched it several times to see if Simi juked Diggs, but it wasn't apparent.

So is it feast or famine with Diggs? Is this more of last year, or was this a one off?