Simi Fehoko will be 2 WR with Gallup out

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m betting that Fehoko will have an excellent training camp stepping up to replace portion of Cooper’s production the other being Pollard.

The coaches needs to keep giving him reps with starters to get the chemistry down, and that will allow him to showcase his talent as a deep threat.

Reduce dump-offs!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Tolbert is the #2.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you think of Fehoko? Sux worse lol?
To be fair, I don’t know much about Fehoko. He may be a diamond in the rough, I just don’t know. I knew a lot about Vasher because I saw him a ton in college.

I will say I think Fehoko has a better shot at making the team than Vasher because he has some ST ability .

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a big Texas Tech fan, I saw every game TJ Vasher played in college. There are multiple reasons why he was not drafted and why I don’t believe he’s an NFL level receiver. I loved him at Tech but he’s not NFL quality IMO. Here’s a good overview of his strengths and sizeable weaknesses:
STRENGTHS
  • Height- 6’ 6” height although he has struggled to hit 200 lbs.
  • His size allows him to be a red zone weapon- can high point contested passes in the end zone with tight coverage.
  • Capable of spectacular catches with a man draped on him.
WEAKNESSES
  • Despite the occasional spectacular catch, he dropped a ton of routine passes. Not focused.
  • His best 40 times are about 4.5 but his big frame and long legs take away much of his quickness.
  • Takes plays off, especially in the running game.
  • Not a consistently good downfield blocker; rarely stays engaged in blocking attempts.
  • No special teams use in college- couldn’t field punts and was too slight to be a gunner.
  • Not a precise route runner and too often gives up on a route if pressed.
  • Often injured. Missed a ton of games in college.
Hey TJ could surprise me and I hope he does. But I think if we take the Cowboys fan glasses off Vasher is a long, long shot at best.

Vasher may make it by default as the 6th WR, if they keep 6 to start. At least while Gallup is on PUP. Unless one of the UDFA WR's steps up.
However they could go with 5 WR's and keep an extra DL or DB, or even an extra OL until the roster shakes out over the 1st several games. Then when Gallup returns, have 6 WR's, and move another player to the PS.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’m betting that Fehoko will have an excellent training camp stepping up to replace portion of Cooper’s production the other being Pollard.

The coaches needs to keep giving him reps with starters to get the chemistry down, and that will allow him to showcase his talent as a deep threat.

Reduce dump-offs!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Hope you are right, but we saw nothing last year to justify your optimism.
Sorry, just being real.
Hope to be wrong.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, I don’t know much about Fehoko. He may be a diamond in the rough, I just don’t know. I knew a lot about Vasher because I saw him a ton in college.

I will say I think Fehoko has a better shot at making the team than Vasher because he has some ST ability .

Feheko was also kept on the 53 man roster all season long. But to be fair about that, Vasher was on NFI all season also.

I am looking forward to see both in action in the PS games to see how they each do.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Man, I love his game, but he's just too skinny. NFL db's will push him around, I'm afraid.

Wilson was skinny also.

Roberson boosts a 9.02 RAS.

He could be your number 3, 4 guy. He has the speed to get off the line. That said, I'm high on Fehoko. But looking back at those games last year, I think Brown may put up a fight. I would just like to see some new faces out there.

I think the guy we'll miss the most on offense is Cedrick Wilson.

That guy was clutch.

kskboys

Reaction score
He’s 6’0 foot 185 played slot threat at Wake Forest . I don’t think once you get past top 4 receivers in Dallas Roberson couldn’t make the squad as a game day addition .
Possibly. I like what I read about him, just worried about getting off the LOS.

Lamb
Gallup
Tolbert
Brown

Yeah, there's a spot.

Hold it. Washington. Never mind.

He'd have to completely blow it out of the water to make the team.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Jalen Tolbert and James Washington say hello to the OP.

Simi Fehoku was drafted to take on Noah Brown's role. The Cowboys re-signed Brown. So that about sums it up.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hello Mrs. Fehoko. :muttley:
th

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, I love his game, but he's just too skinny. NFL db's will push him around, I'm afraid.
He played 80% of snaps in college as a slot WR.

He would not be small if used in the Cole Beasley role...

TheCritic

Reaction score
Fehoko will get a chance to play, but he's not going to play ahead of Tolbert or even Noah Brown.