Simple game plan against the Bolts

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
...If our JAG Dak can be a bus driver again, we have a good chance to be victorious.

Game plan is simple.

Don't let our QB go deep. Secondaries can read Dak's eyes and his hesitations and will swarm to the deep ball. If you must throw, use your TE's and Lamb selectively and well. Don't waste touches on Gallup or Cooks. JAGs!
220119025936-01-dak-prescott-01162022.jpg

Our ground game is really bad.
Time for Leupke and Deuce to step up or just become aspiring JAGs.
As to our D, the secondary will be a sieve and our front 4 silly men.
Only DLaw and Parsons having monster days can save us.

Holla and brings me a dollah!

Kwyn

Reaction score
...If our JAG Dak can be a bus driver again, we have a good chance to be victorious.

Game plan is simple.

Don't let our QB go deep. Secondaries can read Dak's eyes and his hesitations and will swarm to the deep ball. If you must throw, use your TE's and Lamb selectively and well. Don't waste touches on Gallup or Cooks. JAGs!

So
Only short throws.
Limited use of CeeDee and the TEs.
Don’t use Cooks and Gallup at all.
Run game is awful.
Secondary will be shredded.
Entire outcome depends on Tank and Micah.

Sounds like you think we don’t have much of a chance.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Makes zero sense. If they don't get some snaps, how can they produce?

Calling them JAGS without them getting any of playing time isn't right.

Gallup was a called a waste. He got some targets and boom he produced. Ferg same thing. It's not hard to figure out.

plasticman

Reaction score
When they played each other in 2021, the Cowboys were able to run the ball. Polard and Zeke combined for 180 yards off 29 carries for a 6.2 average yards per carry.

Herbert and Dak had almost the same exact quarterback rating which only means their productivity was similar. It was one of those games were Dak had the optimum number of passes., which was 27.

The Chargers also relied on their excellent receiver Mike Williams who is now on IR.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So
Only short throws.
Limited use of CeeDee and the TEs.
Don’t use Cooks and Gallup at all.
Run game is awful.
Secondary will be shredded.
Entire outcome depends on Tank and Micah.

Sounds like you think we don’t have much of a chance.
Limited use of CeeDee and TEs? No, me queen. Your comprehension lacks. Before you fret further I would wish the Schotty would use them selectively and well. That is a big difference in what I implied and what you inferred.
I think we have a good chance because the Bolts are 2-nd tier.
However the Bolts with CBs Asante Samuel Jr., Michael Davis and Ja'Sir Taylor --- well I do not care for them to be feasting on Dak's long ball.
Dumb it down for Dak, fine, but keep his eyes off the long routes!

Eh, it can go either way, hale fellow.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
..we're about to find out what MM was doing those 3 days straight, living at Dallas headquarters.

Do we? Or do we tell?
All I know is tha the Cowboys working-dinner buffet and drinks budget is up 60%.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Game plan is simple.

Dak throws a good deep ball when he has a WR that has beaten the defense over the top and keeps heading upfield.

We have speed in Cooks, Turpin, *and Pollard* to beat a defense over the top. Use them.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Game plan is simple.

Glad to hear you admit Dak has less weapons this year than last year, plus absolutely no running game. Yet, still it is all Dak's fault?

SMH :facepalm:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak throws a good deep ball when he has a WR that has beaten the defense over the top and keeps heading upfield.

We have speed in Cooks, Turpin, *and Pollard* to beat a defense over the top. Use them.
The game plan only seems to consist of short routes for speedsters. Gallup, gets the long balls and most of them are 50/50's.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Game plan is simple.

LA likely to play a lot of zone.

It’s the D the Cards rookie DC used.

Very effective vs our short passing game.