Since Dak became QB they are 25-0 when they run it more than pass

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If they were effective in the Red Zone and got a led they could have run the ball to keep the ball away from Brady
IF is the magic word.

But were they effective at running the ball against the Buccaneers?

Nope.

So what makes anyone think we could have beat the Buccaneers by running the ball more than passing it?

Do people think and evaluate games nowadays? :huh:

NotForLong

Reaction score
IF is the magic word.

But were they effective at running the ball against the Buccaneers?

Nope.

So what makes anyone think we could have beat the Buccaneers by running the ball more than passing it?

Do people think and evaluate games nowadays? :huh:
I apologize . . . I used the word IF . . . and you used the word WOULD

:facepalm:

And to be frank with you. . . I never would have pointed that out "IF" you didn't propose your imaginary statement

But since you were on the topic Of "Woulda" "Coulda"
& "Ifs"

I propose a scenario where the QB capitalizes on the gifted Field Position the Defense handed Him and jumps on top of the defending Champs in their House

That way we can run the clock out and win the game.

And Who Knows?

Maybe we WOULD HAVE won the game and the Stat would be + 1 more and 0

Daks Red Zone woes are the reason we lost last week and the reason we almost lost this week

What say you?
:popcorn:

shabazz

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with leaning on the run. Emmitt helped make Aikman what he was. Having a great running game doesn't negate the greatness of a QB. The best thing for the team is for the QB and RB to be deadly. Make defences fear your running game and passing game. That's what I wanted for this season, and we're showed that ability the last two weeks. If you take away the run game, then Dak will kill you. If you shut down the pass game, Zeke and Pollard will kill you. It's a good thing.

......it’s true, “Dak will indeed kill a team with yards and field goals”

ondaedg

Reaction score
Have you ever thought you may be jaded to the point where you see hate where hate actually doesn’t exist? Just something to ponder.

I see Dak threads bring out the same haters over and over and over. They don’t participate in any other threads but ones they can express their hate for our qb. Don’t be one of them.

ondaedg

Reaction score
This team has a history of abandoning the run when they get down a couple scores, definitely during the Carrot era, and probably most of those times lost those games.

Besides the Titans what team doesnt?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I see Dak threads bring out the same haters over and over and over. They don’t participate in any other threads but ones they can express their hate for our qb. Don’t be one of them.
I've been a long time Dak supporter but Dak homers have become as bad as Romo homers. There is no tolerance for any criticism that isn't labeled as hate with these guys anymore.

75boyz

Reaction score
I find it entertaining that the confessed pro Dak guy originating this OP is being criticized for info that promotes "team" offensive balance(good running game) by other supposed pro Dak guys.
And when they then try and flip the script that they are the team first crowd is mildly amusing at the least.

But hey, if their fantasy football QB stats agenda criteria continues to be denied while the team still wins then maybe they might need to change to a more team friendly perspective.

Cowboys could win 3-2 for all I care.
Not looking for stats.

Looking for "Post Season Ws."

jmo

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If your Qb is gonna throw it 58 times he better have better red zone results than the other QB

High Yards and field goals seldom win games. That goes for any Qb
being one dimentional often doesn't lead to many wins (notice I didn't say never). it makes it easier for the other team to defend. although we passed a ton against Tampa, redzone passing is much tougher if you can't run the ball. not just for cowboys, but for any team. stats say the same thing for redzone as completion %s are much much lower in that area of the field.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I find it entertaining that the confessed pro Dak guy originating this OP is being criticized for info that promotes "team" offensive balance(good running game) by other supposed pro Dak guys.
And when they then try and flip the script that they are the team first crowd is mildly amusing at the least.

But hey, if their fantasy football QB stats agenda criteria continues to be denied while the team still wins then maybe they might need to change to a more team friendly perspective.

Cowboys could win 3-2 for all I care.
Not looking for stats.

Looking for "Post Season Ws."

jmo

I'm all for balance and love running the ball as well. I don't buy into meaningless numbers. If you are running and avg less than 3 yards a carry and yet just continue to bang your head against the wall just to achieve the goal of running more than passing then that in my view would be stupid. If defense is set on stopping the run using certain alignments then why would I challenge it when I know I have excellent weapons on the outside. By the same token if you do as LA did and keep safeties in 2 deep coverage and are trying to prevent deep balls then I will gladly hand off to Zeke and Pollard

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I apologize . . . I used the word IF . . . and you used the word WOULD

:facepalm:

And to be frank with you. . . I never would have pointed that out "IF" you didn't propose your imaginary statement

But since you were on the topic Of "Woulda" "Coulda"
& "Ifs"

I propose a scenario where the QB capitalizes on the gifted Field Position the Defense handed Him and jumps on top of the defending Champs in their House

That way we can run the clock out and win the game.

And Who Knows?

Maybe we WOULD HAVE won the game and the Stat would be + 1 more and 0

Daks Red Zone woes are the reason we lost last week and the reason we almost lost this week

What say you?
:popcorn:
You still don't get it. What about being unable to open holes between the Tackles and run the ball don't you understand?

Get your mind off of hating on Dak so much AND MAYBE you might understand the game better.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm all for balance and love running the ball as well. I don't buy into meaningless numbers. If you are running and avg less than 3 yards a carry and yet just continue to bang your head against the wall just to achieve the goal of running more than passing then that in my view would be stupid. If defense is set on stopping the run using certain alignments then why would I challenge it when I know I have excellent weapons on the outside. By the same token if you do as LA did and keep safeties in 2 deep coverage and are trying to prevent deep balls then I will gladly hand off to Zeke and Pollard
Exactly! This!!!^^^^

:hammer:

But certain posters are bent on being stubborn instead of looking at the bigger picture.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If your Qb is gonna throw it 58 times he better have better red zone results than the other QB

High Yards and field goals seldom win games. That goes for any Qb
I guess he should sprinted out to the flats after throwing the pass and blocking the defender. Damn Dak sucks.

wick

Reaction score
It's maddening that this thinking still occurs in 2021 when the cause-effect relationship has been understood for over 30 years. Winning leads to running and not the other way around. If running more than a certain threshold or more than your opponent were truly causative, then teams should just hand the ball off every snap, starting from the very first play of the game. I wonder why they don't do that.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I would love to go back to the 2016 offense. That offense was incredibly efficient and very repeatable. We were so consistent on offense converting 3rd downs and winning time of possession. Team had terrible records after having played us. We wore them out. The sad reality is that the offensive line is not what it was then. Our QB is not the running threat that he was then. Our lead RB is a shell of what he was then. All we have now that is any good is Dak airing it out to a quality group of WRs. It is gonna be high powered and inconsistent as hell but it will win us about half our game. More than that if the defense can overperform.

2016 was a team a fan could truly be proud of. Maybe we can get back to that some day. We shall see.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I've been a long time Dak supporter but Dak homers have become as bad as Romo homers. There is no tolerance for any criticism that isn't labeled as hate with these guys anymore.
You've never been a Dak supporter who are you kidding. :lmao: