Since Dak's been back, 1st in points, 1st in 3rd down conversion

Ken

Reaction score
My biggest issue with him is situational stupidity overall when you’re looking big picture he’s done well

I just can get past 2 and 3rd and 1 passes or gimmick plays that end up in turnovers or huge lossses but hey I’m just couch potatoe that is rooting for a team in 27 years drought
What does that have to do with him though? That is Kellen...

starfan1

Reaction score
What does that have to do with him though? That is Kellen...
That’s who I’m referring to. I think the 3rd post in this thread I was originally replying to but I could have gotten off track I’ve been in multiple threads today

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s the timing of when he goes all dumarse. Some of his play calling is inexplicable at the time he calls them
His unwillingness to stick with run when it’s working but overall yes stats will say he’s great
But he’s not
Yet they’re #1 in offense and 4-1 since he came back.

Reactions: BAT

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This is true of every so-called “elite” starting QB. None of them are perfect. They all throw picks. No one completes every pass. Every player makes mistakes. It’s a team game. Dak appears to be a great teammate.
It’s ok if other elite QB’s make mistakes. Dak has to be perfect and even when he is like against the Vikings they crapped on him for playing a weak team.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The fact there hasn't been dozens of anti Dak threads a week tells me things are trending better.

But he still hasn't beat any good teams in some fans eyes, haha

EGTuna

Reaction score
Dak has been terrific. A few times he’s been uncharacteristically reckless, but the offense has taken it to another level since his return.

Debating his “ranking” amongst the league’s other QBs is silliness. There’s Patrick Mahomes, and then there’s everyone else. On any given sunday or stretch of sundays, the top2-15 is fluid.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Dak is who he is. He has limitations. He will make mistakes and sometimes gets off to slow starts...but the penalties really hold this team back and Dak for the most part are not responsible for that...

khiladi

Reaction score
And, how does that correlate to passing? Dak has a 10 TD to 6 INT ratio, which is awful and the defense compensated for his garbage play when he dies throw picks, like he did against the Giants in the first half who weren’t even playing their starting two corners.

This team was winning without Dak, completely destroying the argument that Dak jock-riders were yapping about after the loss to Tampa, that Dak has no team. What is quite evident is it’s the RG and OL that are dominating the TOP. They have been all year and have established their identity. Zeke was averaging 7 YPC the whole first half, let alone Pollard who was running at that pace against the Vikings. That makes covering third downs incredibly easy for any QB. It’s last year all over again to begin the season.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score

Which are indicative of a few points:

1. The OL and RG are completely wearing on opposing defenses by the second half and Dak has all day to throw, particularly when rushing 4 on third and long. Most of the third down conversions on even long conversions are basically short passes over the middle.

2. The defense is compensating for his bungling play, which 1 is happening.

It is in reality, the same narrative regarding this team. If this team loses, it’s because of inept QB play.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yea but Rush was 4-1 and the team plays harder for him right?

I'm trusting that's sarcasm, because this team is performing for Dak better than they ever have, yet, this year.
The last two contests speak for themselves. Rush proved himself as a reliable backup, not as a starter. :flagwave:

If, for any reason, Dak is, somehow, unable to serve as our starter, I'm confident Rush could get the job done.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It’s ok if other elite QB’s make mistakes. Dak has to be perfect and even when he is like against the Vikings they crapped on him for playing a weak team.
It's
This is all good........points and 3rd down conversion are huge.

Yes, indeed....Dak complimenting the run first offense certainly bodes well for both scoring and ability to move the chains.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's

Yes, indeed....Dak complimenting the run first offense certainly bodes well for both scoring and ability to move the chains.

Major priority for any defense ......reduce or stop scoring and moving the chains. The offense ranking top 5 in both stats is huge.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Dak was league worst on 3rd and 4th down after packers game . So a bit of a roller coaster.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'm trusting that's sarcasm, because this team is performing for Dak better than they ever have, yet, this year.
The last two contests speak for themselves. Rush proved himself as a reliable backup, not as a starter. :flagwave:

If, for any reason, Dak is, somehow, unable to serve as our starter, I'm confident Rush could get the job done.

Lol yea, sarcasm.