Since Dak's been back, 1st in points, 1st in 3rd down conversion

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yea, most fans figured Dak would take this team to another level. I do appreciate what Rush did, but the Cowboys were not going to be a solid contender without Dak.

We do need to be thankful for Rush as without him ...and the focus on the run game, we would still be a team that abandoned the run on the first stop.
I don't think anyone, even the usual suspects, expected us not to improve with Dak....but the main point is that we succeed when we play off the run. Rush plated the John the Baptist role, the one who paved the way for the successful gameplan.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Those of us who aren't satisfied with Dak as a better than average QB might do well to temper their expectations. He'll likely have some games when he isn't the most accurate QB around and have others while getting sufficient time to deliver the ball with accuracy might be expected. Let's be aware that Dak should rightfully be considered as a good QB and not consistently likely to perform with the likes Patrick Mahomes. On a good day, he'll compete with some of the best in the league. The current Dallas OL is doing their best to improve their pass protection before the playoffs commence.

On a day when Dak's protection is less than stellar, problems might realistically arise. Let's not expect miracles from a QB whose OL can often be highly inconsistent, since Dak can only be expected to perform likewise. Let's hope the Dallas o-line is able to improve and become just as consistent as any Super Bowl OL might be required to be. Having realistic expectations is always admirable, in general. The many fans who believe it's okay to expect miracles will always be disappointed. Fans that are prone to fall into that category should rightfully temper their expectations. They'd be better off by doing so. Enjoying the upcoming games more than they would otherwise, is then quite possible.

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
I was told he’s the worst QB in the league. You must be using the new math.

It's funny how some of the low IQ hater crowd call Dak a bum or below average.... but there's not one of them who can explain why we're number one in these particular categories since Dak came back.

None of them can explain why a "bum/below average quarterback can do these things. Just ask any of them and watch how fast they run and hide from having to answer this question.

khiladi

Reaction score
Mac Jones, with one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL, threw close to 400 yards, for 2 TDs and 0 INT against the Vikings, with 0 help from his running game, unlike ours.

The Vikings pass defense, like I said last week, was absolute garbage. It’s broken and always has been. Kurt Cousins is just winning in the 4th quarter.

GINeric

Reaction score
Mac Jones, with one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL, threw close to 400 yards, for 2 TDs and 0 INT against the Vikings, with 0 help from his running game, unlike ours.

The Vikings pass defense, like I said last week, was absolute garbage. It’s broken and always has been. Kurt Cousins is just winning in the 4th quarter.

Ahhh..... the Vikings pass defense is "absolute garbage"....

Well if that's the case, why weren't Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, and Tua able to carve them up and lead their teams to a victory like Dak did for his team??? Is it that those other quarterbacks didn't get the memo that the Vikings secondary was "absolute garbage"???

Hold on, wait.... I was told all of those quarterbacks were better than Dak!!! I won't disagree.

They're better than Dak, but they couldn't carve up and defeat a Vikings team with a secondary who's "absolute garbage???? Hmmmm.....

CWR

Reaction score
Ahhh..... the Vikings pass defense is "absolute garbage"....

Well if that's the case, why weren't Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, and Tua able to carve them up and lead their teams to a victory like Dak did for his team??? Is it that those other quarterbacks didn't get the memo that the Vikings secondary was "absolute garbage"???

Hold on, wait.... I was told all of those quarterbacks were better than Dak!!! I won't disagree.

They're better than Dak, but they couldn't carve up and defeat a Vikings team with a secondary who's "absolute garbage???? Hmmmm.....

Goal post being moved as we speak.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Which are indicative of a few points:

1. The OL and RG are completely wearing on opposing defenses by the second half and Dak has all day to throw, particularly when rushing 4 on third and long. Most of the third down conversions on even long conversions are basically short passes over the middle.

2. The defense is compensating for his bungling play, which 1 is happening.

It is in reality, the same narrative regarding this team. If this team loses, it’s because of inept QB play.

You're a very good poster.

Except when it comes to Dak.

This is just an insane take. You are pushing the definition of causation AND correlation to its absolute limits.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yet he still makes bad decisions and worse throws against decent teams. When we play elite teams, that will cost us and he will once again be what he is.

Lol he so mad Dak's ballin....lol

Dre11

Reaction score

Lol...you're a joke. Dak just made an a** of you now you're grasping at straws...lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It really doesn't. Good? Yes.

Dak is a great QB. If your talking all time great, then no. Dak is one of the best QB's in the NFL.

Elite, Great, Good, Average, bad

Top 10, 2nd tier.

By any metric and any measurement, Dak is top 10. We can argue all day about where he lies within that top 10, but Dak is top 10.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Do your arms hurt from moving the goalposts so much?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The “blame it all on the QB” crowd has gotten quiet lately. Don’t worry, after our next L they’ll be back to say everything is Daks fault.

That's because if you blame the losses on the QB, you also have to credit them for the wins.

Dak is playing well..

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It’s the timing of when he goes all dumarse. Some of his play calling is inexplicable at the time he calls them
His unwillingness to stick with run when it’s working but overall yes stats will say he’s great
But he’s not

true enough although I see others doing the same, hell how many INTs in the red zone has Josh Allen thrown the last 6 games?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Remember this the same guy that said nobody on the team likes Dak, he sits by himself on the sidelines...lol

That part made me laugh, because you can see that person doesn't follow the team much. I mean, there's plenty of content out there that tells the tale.

People see what they want to see.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
That's why the Fire Kellen Moore stuff doesn't fly. Offense is #1 so that's his defense (no pun intended).

This is exactly what I'm saying.

You fire Kellen Moore so you can have a less than best offense?

I mean, our fans are unreal.