CFZ Since the Denver game last year the Cowboys are 6-6

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the wreckage of that putrid performance last night, I was curious to get a big picture look at how this team has performed since the Denver Broncos put the defensive clamps on the Cowboys last year. This team has been pretty mediocre-or worse- ever since.

Starting with that Denver game last year, through the playoff loss to the niners, and that junk last night, the Cowboys are 6-6. And the six wins they had were:
  • Wash twice (2)
  • The midgets (1)
  • The falcons (1)
  • The aints (1)
  • The eagles (1)
Of those teams, only the 9-8 eagles made the playoffs last year and the saints were the only other team with a “winning record” also at 9-8.
Meanwhile the teams that have beaten us in that same stretch were:
  • The broncos (1)
  • The chiefs (1)
  • The raiders (1)
  • The cards (1)
  • The niners (1- last year's wild card game)
  • The Bucs (1)
In other words the good teams whipped us. Only the broncos were bad and they killed us. The rest were playoff teams with good records.

Many NFL pundits told us all off-season this team had taken a step back. But maybe this team wasn’t as good as 12-5 suggested last year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was very sobering where the team stood when my wife and I went to the Broncos game last year. And it does not help that the game last night makes me want to drink away my concerns still.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
And remember, the Eagles rested most of their players because they couldn't change their playoff seeding in that game the Cowboys won...

I picked the 49'ers to win in the playoff game against Dallas because when you look at the Cowboys record against winning and playoff teams during the season, it sends a clear picture of what the Cowboys are...mediocre at best!

Last night showed the same problems as last year
too many penalties
Can't stop the run
Can't run the ball consistently.

Last edited:

wecasa

Reaction score
Someone with a voice, either former/current player, staff member, coach, media pundit, has to pull the curtain back on this poop show. Point out that the emperor has no clothes on and take the front office to the wood shed and make them answer for their ineptitude. I know it's not gonna happen for fear of losing access to the team. But at this point, someone's gotta take one for the team and call the Jones company out for every aspect of this garbage franchise.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
What did they do during the off season?

Teams stopped blitzing and zoned us like mad after Denver, our offense tanked.

Fast forward to last night and they once again had no answer for the zone.

Is there a single professional football person in the organization with a real voice?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m pointing this out because this slide kind of started last year in early Nov and other than beating some bad NFC east teams, the Cowboys didn’t compete well against the better, more physical teams. The Bucs game last night had some eerie comparisons to the niners game last year, except our offense was even worse.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I’m pointing this out because this slide kind of started last year in early Nov and other than beating some bad NFC east teams, the Cowboys didn’t compete well against the better, more physical teams. The Bucs game last night had some eerie comparisons to the niners game last year, except our offense was even worse.

Been saying this, Sure the players did not perform well....what gives anyone confidence that this OC scheme is doing anything to help them. Now we here "We knew what they wanted to do" coming from the other defense after the game...this HC better get a grip on this offense before the OC costs him his job.

Aven8

Reaction score
Kellen Moore not going to Miami last year was our biggest let down. It’s time for a new offense with new ideas. Unfortunately They coddle to Dak and wouldn’t want him to have to learn a whole new system…..

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

MM and KM lack of adjustments after 12 games is glaringly incompetent.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
In the wreckage of that putrid performance last night, I was curious to get a big picture look at how this team has performed since the Denver Broncos put the defensive clamps on the Cowboys last year. This team has been pretty mediocre-or worse- ever since.

Starting with that Denver game last year, through the playoff loss to the niners, and that junk last night, the Cowboys are 6-6. And the six wins they had were:
  • Wash twice (2)
  • The midgets (1)
  • The falcons (1)
  • The aints (1)
  • The eagles (1)
Of those teams, only the 9-8 eagles made the playoffs last year and the saints were the only other team with a “winning record” also at 9-8.
  • The broncos (1)
  • The chiefs (1)
  • The raiders (1)
  • The cards (1)
  • The Bucs (1)
In other words the good teams whipped us. Only the broncos were bad and they killed us. The rest were playoff teams with good records.

Many NFL pundits told us all off-season this team had taken a step back. But maybe this team wasn’t as good as 12-5 suggested last year.
You get a LIKE for the Midget's reference !

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is a different roster and team. Not sure I’d use any comparisons . But yea we just haven’t played very well since then . I’d argue this year for different reasons.

75boyz

Reaction score
What did they do during the off season?

Teams stopped blitzing and zoned us like mad after Denver, our offense tanked.

Fast forward to last night and they once again had no answer for the zone.

Is there a single professional football person in the organization with a real voice?

Somewhere between the HC, OC and QB1 is a lot of failure to do their jobs. Is it 1 or all 3?

All 3.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Best

• Wash twice (2)
  • The midgets (1)
  • The falcons (1)
  • The aints (1)
  • The eagles (1)
  • The broncos (1)
  • The chiefs (1)
  • The raiders (1)
  • The cards (1)
  • The Bucs (1)

Many NFL pundits told us all off-season this team had taken a step back. But maybe this team wasn’t as good as 12-5 suggested last year.[/QUOTE
Beat up on the terrible teams lose to the average or good teams…..that’s daks mott0!

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah I think I said this in a couple threads last night but the game seemed like an extension of the 49er game. With the quality of play, penalties, body language, intensity, etc. It seemed like no one not named Parsons was into it. Everyone was off. Especially Dak prior to his injury.

Brax

Reaction score

• Wash twice (2)
  • The midgets (1)
  • The falcons (1)
  • The aints (1)
  • The eagles (1)
  • The broncos (1)
  • The chiefs (1)
  • The raiders (1)
  • The cards (1)
  • The Bucs (1)

I believe that’s been stated for while here on CZ and those were called trolls and haters by many, looks like you are joining the realists. Sad to see it come to this but it isn’t the first time and it will not be the last.

Zman5

Reaction score
KM has JG diseases. When the run is working and the opposing defenses can't stop it, KM stops it for them. JG used to do the same.
Zeke rips of 7 yards on first down, then KM calls a goofy play and then a penalty and we punt. :facepalm: