Since The Last Time Dallas Made the NFC Championship Game

visionary

Reaction score
This is how many times every other team has made it...Pathetic.

EOu1ykl-Wo-AEbf-X-1-37.jpg

this is because Garrett wasn’t given enough time to build the team properly

if he had another 10 years then you would see

visionary

Reaction score
I find it pathetic that you need to post this after the exact same thing has been posted a million times before.

do you honestly think the fans on this specific site aren’t fully aware of this teams lack of success since the 90s? Honestly?

post something original

I find it pathetic that you find this pathetic

fans like you have been supporting garbage for 10 years and you need to be reminded of that on a daily basis

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is how many times every other team has made it...Pathetic.

EOu1ykl-Wo-AEbf-X-1-37.jpg

It is a stat over a period of time. To me it means nothing as of today, as it is in the past and there is nothing any of us can do about it.
Except use it as a narrative to bash the FO, or whoever. Or to whine. Not say you are doing any of that, but there are those that will use it for those things.

I am just looking forward to the next season as I usually do. But this year I will with much more enthusiasm with an entire new coaching staff and direction.
There is nothing I can accomplish by whining about the last 25 years. Except to make jokes when it is appropriate.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And I am afraid its going to be a few more years for Dallas, at least. Watching KC and SF, I see team speed that is far from where Dallas is today. Dallas has some work to do to get to the level of a Championship team.

I don't think we're that far from getting there, like Green Bay and Tennessee did. We are not that different from those teams.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It is a stat over a period of time. To me it means nothing as of today, as it is in the past and there is nothing any of us can do about it.
Except use it as a narrative to bash the FO, or whoever. Or to whine. Not say you are doing any of that, but there are those that will use it for those things.

I am just looking forward to the next season as I usually do. But this year I will with much more enthusiasm with an entire new coaching staff and direction.
There is nothing I can accomplish by whining about the last 25 years. Except to make jokes when it is appropriate.

It means nothing? It sure does mean a lot. Since Jerry took over as GM, this team has been nothing but mediocre. And stuck in a cycle of accomplishing nothing. To go that long without winning a divisional round playoff game is pretty bad. Especially seeing we were the 1 seed a few times.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It means nothing? It sure does mean a lot. Since Jerry took over as GM, this team has been nothing but mediocre. And stuck in a cycle of accomplishing nothing. To go that long without winning a divisional round playoff game is pretty bad. Especially seeing we were the 1 seed a few times.

I meant it means nothing going forward from this point on. We all know this and know ho bad it has been looking at those kind of stats.

But it does not mean the team been void of getting to the playoffs or in competition to making the playoffs. The injury riddled years and a few other years were bad.
But even the 8-8 years it came down to the last game to get in. And that is the goal every year, to get to the playoffs, then go from there.
Qualify for playoffs, win the division, win in the playoffs to get to the SB.

That is still no excuse, but it is better than bottom feeders for 25 years.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This happens when you promote a dumb*** to one of the most prestigious coaching position in the NFL and allow him to sow mediocrity for more tha 10 years.
This happens when your GM earned his position when the check to buy the team cleared the bank. Then hires all of his kids as executives with lifetime contracts, regardless of results. What could possibly go wrong with that formula? Lol.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
And I am afraid its going to be a few more years for Dallas, at least. Watching KC and SF, I see team speed that is far from where Dallas is today. Dallas has some work to do to get to the level of a Championship team.

The only good thing is you could have been talking about the Niners this way two years ago.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Still ... I think the Cowboys have the record NFC Championship titles .. right? not sure about appearances ..

25 years absence and we hold that records ... WOW

Makes one appreciate Landry and Johnson and at the same time loathe Jerry

:cool:

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Just think in Garrets tenure. SF went from really bad to Superbowl to really bad and back to the Super Bowl.

jchap

Reaction score
Every year I tell myself: We will forget all about these dark times once we have won the next 5 consecutive superbowls!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
On the plus side there were 12 winning seasons vs 7 losing seasons over that stretch, lol. Atleast they've been competitive..

Here's hoping this new decade brings about great things and milestones we didn't hit in the 00s and 10s.

Praxit

Reaction score
..surprising Philly 7x's since then. Pretty impressive.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

I disagree. It is definitely not a narrative used just to bash the FO. It is a real and very telling stat that is the direct result of a failed FO over a large period of time. While I do agree that we should all be looking forward to next season with hope and enthusiasm, we cant just bury our heads in the sand and pretend that this stat is irrelevant or it's just history.

Let's hope that the hiring of MM is what really makes this stat irrelevant and just part of history that we can all forget about.