Singletary-Interesting Coaching Methods *Merge*

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Perhaps Wade should try this.........:puke:

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanBickley/37299

"Mike Singletary lost his debut as 49ers head coach, getting waxed by a Seattle team that entered the game with only one victory. Yet Singletary's post-game rant and his decision to send Vernon Davis to the showers was cheered from coast to coast, resonating with a nation of football fans tired of all the thugs, punks and bonus-baby divas in the NFL.

The whole story is even more bizarre.

At halftime of that game, Singletary called for the attention of his players. He then dropped his pants, turned around and pointed to his backside. He used this occasion and that visual to describe what happened to his team in the first half.

A NFL source inside the room confirmed the story with my radio partner, XTRA 910 football guru Mike Jurecki, and added that Singletary then addressed the team for 3-4 minutes with his pants around his ankles.

The 49ers trailed 20-3 at halftime. They would lose the game, 34-13.

So, the question in San Francisco becomes this: Does Samurai Mike's legendary intensity rally a football team or does the Crazy Man Act alienate a football team?

After all, old school only goes so far in the new world, especially with today's breed of pampered players."

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
LOL that's awesome

the act would have been complete if he had shoved his entire hand into his "backside" and addressed the team that way

burmafrd

Reaction score
Run the ******* out and get nothing but old school players. Might take a couple of years but would be worth it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Talent wins first, and after you have talent, it's coaching. (they lack talent)

jcblanco22

Reaction score
addressed the team for 3-4 minutes with his pants around his ankles.

Meh...Campo could've opted to do this back in camp after that scene in "Hard Knocks", he just chose not to. :D

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
what the article failed to mention was that Bill Parcells was sniffing his buttcrack the entire time

Reaction score
Interim head coach Mike Singletary reportedly dropped his pants and pointed to his backside during halftime of the 49ers' Week 8 loss to Seattle.

It was apparently an attempt to visually describe what was "getting kicked" in the first half. The 49ers were down 20-3 through two quarters. They were only outscored 14-10 in the second half, so maybe it worked a little bit.
Source: Arizona Republic

You got to love Singletary as a coach. He is so old school!

chargrove

Reaction score
He did interview here as an unproven yet interesting candidate. Wonder how he would have done...?

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
chargrove;2385160 said:
He did interview here as an unproven yet interesting candidate. Wonder how he would have done...?

I just now wonder what happened during the interview..

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Heart: 2
Wins: 0

Players want to win so they don't get flashed by the coach? Is this some type of motivation technique?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A couple of funny thoughts came to mind.

1. Maybe he is in the wrong town to be dropping his pants and pointing at his butt.

2. He might be lucky that Haley is retired.

:laugh2:

On a serious note. I don't know if that is going too far or not but I love his passion and intensity and I liked how he told Davis to basically hit the showers.

It's Old School for sure and I don't know if it will work in the salary cap age with pampered millionaire players....but I like his intensity and fire.

Champsheart

Reaction score
:lmao2:

An NFL locker room has to be the only place one could get away with this.

Does and NFL team not have an HR Department - LOL.

I bet you no way he would have done that in a Prison Yard game.

And he better look out, there are a lot of guys in San Fran probably wanting to run ito old Singletary now.

And as far as a coaching method, umm that aint gonna work, his players where in probably such shock they did not even know there was a 2nd half to play. I bet they need therapy though.

MrMom

Reaction score
Champsheart;2385234 said:
:lmao2:

An NFL locker room has to be the only place one could get away with this.

Does and NFL team not have an HR Department - LOL.

I bet you no way he would have done that in a Prison Yard game.

And he better look out, there are a lot of guys in San Fran probably wanting to run ito old Singletary now.

And as far as a coaching method, umm that aint gonna work, his players where in probably such shock they did not even know there was a 2nd half to play. I bet they need therapy though.

office-lieberstein56.jpg

"Hey Mike, I need to talk to you in your office, it'll just take two seconds."

superpunk

Reaction score
Everyone, I'd like you to meet Charles Haley, your 2009 San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator! He'll be motivating you with his fire hose at half time.